• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Second Molokai Trip of 2019

taffy19

Reaction score
Thank You, I enjoy doing the posts. I will try again tonight on the lights if Maui but it’s cloudy over there now. Looks like it’s raining over there.
It may still be clear later in the evening. If not this evening, you will be back again. We’ll see it next time! :)

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Slip

You should write a travel guide. The trip we took to Molokai was my husbands favorite but what I found frustrating was that all of the information that I found was really outdated. Most everything still referred to the Sheraton and the ranch. I could not find any information on local beaches and how to get to them. I did find Denisem's travel summary very helpful but I would have enjoyed it more with more information.

You have us all wanting to go to Molokai

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Slip

You should write a travel guide. The trip we took to Molokai was my husbands favorite but what I found frustrating was that all of the information that I found was really outdated. Most everything still referred to the Sheraton and the ranch. I could not find any information on local beaches and how to get to them. I did find Denisem's travel summary very helpful but I would have enjoyed it more with more information.

Yes, yes!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I did get another video of the lights of Maui last night and I did change the battery in my mic. :)

I’ll post it when I get back to Wisconsin.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Slip

Thank You, I’ll have to look into the best way to do that. I think I’d be able to have a good start on one.

taffy19

Reaction score
I did get another video of the lights of Maui last night and I did change the battery in my mic. :)

I’ll post it when I get back to Wisconsin.
Did it get clear later?

This happened to us on Maui too. I booked a stargazing tour on the roof of the Hyatt Regency Hotel for 8 PM but they canceled the trip.

At 8 PM, it was the most beautiful starry night but they go by the official weather report and have to notify the the people early enough or they would be on their way to the Hotel already and that makes sense. Since I booked in the beginning of our trip, I could book again.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did it get clear later?

This happened to us on Maui too. I booked a stargazing tour on the roof of the Hyatt Regency Hotel for 8 PM but they canceled the trip.

At 8 PM, it was the most beautiful starry night but they go by the official weather report and have to notify the the people early enough or they would be on their way to the Hotel already and that makes sense. Since I booked in the beginning of our trip, I could book again.

There was a full moon between the islands and some clouds were rolling through but it was clear. With the naked eye I can see the lights better but it still worked good when I zoomed in.

Reactions: Xan

taffy19

Reaction score
There was a full moon between the islands and some clouds were rolling through but it was clear. With the naked eye I can see the lights better but it still worked good when I zoomed in.
Same full moon here and I was wondering if it cleared up at your location. I am looking forward to see your video. :)

TUGger “ ronandjoan “ have a blog and I have seen them from others here too. I have read hers without being a member.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for your videos Jeff, really enjoyed them. AL

Two more coming too. Plus some nice pictures from my flight from Molokai to Maui. They flew right over Kalaupapa. :thumbup:

Almost had a really bad snafu. About a month ago Makani Kai changed my flight time about 45 minutes earlier. I forgot to reprint it and we missed the flight. :D
Luckily, Mokulele had two seats on there next flight and we still caught our Maui flight in plenty of time.

Makani Kai gave me a credit so I get a free one way next time so no loss. I may ask if I can put that towards a flight to Kalaupapa so we can take the tour in August.

Nice flight to Chicago, we left about 15 minutes late and arrived 25 minutes early. :shrug:

Now our last short flight to Madison is delayed. It started out an Hour and a half delayed, now it’s only an hour delayed.

Raining in Chicago and Madison. Hope it’s not too bad, we have a 45 minute drive after the short flight.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’ll we ended up an hour late. I must have gotten 10 messages with gate and time changes. But not too bad in the end.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I’m going to miss reading your daily reports! Looking forward to your end of August visit, as I’m sure you and your DW are too!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m going to miss reading your daily reports! Looking forward to your end of August visit, as I’m sure you and your DW are too!

Thank you!!

103 Days!!:thumbup:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Your reports have convinced me I need to spend a week or two on Molokai. Thanks for taking time to let us come along with you.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your reports have convinced me I need to spend a week or two on Molokai. Thanks for taking time to let us come along with you.

Awesome, if you have any questions let me know. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We finally made it to Madison. A couple hours late but not bad. Now to get the car and get home.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just starting to get a little caught up here at home. I got some nice pictures of Kalaupapa on the small plane ride back to Maui. I wanted to post those first. I have to upload the night lights of Maui this weekend.

A22FE931-ECE9-489D-B8D5-2D70DF01A313.jpeg
4800A2E3-275B-47B4-BB76-443D75D36C23.jpeg
B76072B0-A875-4ACB-8B0B-7EE99FF1F455.jpeg
06AEBE64-0C83-414D-9BB4-C63B18B078D7.jpeg
4E860409-4795-4000-ACFF-C760F0DFDE2F.jpeg
06577957-CE4F-4D7F-8A85-FAF3BBE729E9.jpeg
05973E09-DFCE-4938-A6B8-681AB7EBDB7D.jpeg
AB8DC859-C643-42BB-A3EE-9CB2D88FA7EC.jpeg

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. The plane ride is fun. On our way up, we could see the cockpit and instrument panels but on our way back they had the curtain closed.

Looking forward to your movie, slip.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the pictures. The plane ride is fun. On our way up, we could see the cockpit and instrument panels but on our way back they had the curtain closed.

Looking forward to your movie, slip.

We flew Makani Kai this time and they don’t have the small walls an curtain like Mokulele so we were able to see everything too. I don’t think they ever closed the curtains on any of our flights.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally got around to my last videos. I have a new walk through of the condo uploading now and I will post it when it’s done.

This is a new one of the night lights of Maui seen at the WaveCrest resort on Molokai. I had to change the battery in My mic in the last one so hopefully this one is a little better.

taffy19

Reaction score
I finally got around to my last videos. I have a new walk through of the condo uploading now and I will post it when it’s done.

This is a new one of the night lights of Maui seen at the WaveCrest resort on Molokai. I had to change the battery in My mic in the last one so hopefully this one is a little better.

Very interesting and showing lights higher up too but I am still not sure where exactly it is. Someone may know and post it. Thanks for sharing again. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very interesting and showing lights higher up too but I am still not sure where exactly it is. Someone may know and post it. Thanks for sharing again. :)

Yes, I want to look at a map and try to figure it out.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s an updated video on the inside of our condo. It’s a little more open. We got rid of some clutter.