• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Second Molokai Trip of 2019

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
You are so lucky to be there again for your favorite drinks and already making friends on the Island too.

Do you still have snow at home or is it finally spring?

Finally spring, I see from my cameras that the lawn needs to be mowed now. It snowed before we left. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
You are so lucky to be there again for your favorite drinks and already making friends on the Island too.

Do you still have snow at home or is it finally spring?

Yes, we are blessed. My wife was just saying yesterday, that she couldn’t believe that the condo was really ours. :cool:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Yes, we are blessed. My wife was just saying yesterday, that she couldn’t believe that the condo was really ours. :cool:

You and your wife worked very hard for many years to earn it. Enjoy it my friend, you earned all of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That’s a chore you don’t have to do when you are living here nor shoveling snow. :cool:

That was definitely part of the plan!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beautiful sunset for dinner!

1D50CA77-F155-46EE-A8F1-9AF60365B4E9.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kolbi Ribs and Kauai Shrimp and the second dish is Shrimp and Scallop Basilli linguine.

3AEB90AA-92EC-42BF-B762-07B26811D4F5.jpeg
E11322EC-2BDB-4F9F-B98F-012A56465CC9.jpeg

taffy19

Reaction score
Enjoy the dinner and evening, slip. Tomorrow will be a busy day and a long flight home on Saturday.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enjoy the dinner and evening, slip. Tomorrow will be a busy day and a long flight home on Saturday.

We really don’t have much to pack so we can still enjoy a full day tomorrow. I think we will stop at the street sale in Town Saturday morning.

Busy day here with people moving in and checking out. I saw someone going into the unit above us today. And there was a family that got here earlier today that were by the pool.

We couldn’t have had better weather. Just awesome, only rained on three days and each time was done by 10am. Trade winds were fantastic too. 103 days until we return. :thumbup:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We really don’t have much to pack so we can still enjoy a full day tomorrow. I think we will stop at the street sale in Town Saturday morning.

Busy day here with people moving in and checking out. I saw someone going into the unit above us today. And there was a family that got here earlier today that were by the pool.

We couldn’t have had better weather. Just awesome, only rained on three days and each time was done by 10am. Trade winds were fantastic too. 103 days until we return. :thumbup:
My gosh! It seems like you just got there.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My gosh! It seems like you just got there.

This one didn’t go by fast for us. We had a very leisurely schedule. :rolleyes:

Looks like great weather again today. I tried to redo the lights of Maui last night but it was really cloudy over by Maui and I couldn’t see any. I’ll try again tonight.

Reactions: Xan

taffy19

Reaction score
This one didn’t go by fast for us. We had a very leisurely schedule. :rolleyes:

Looks like great weather again today. I tried to redo the lights of Maui last night but it was really cloudy over by Maui and I couldn’t see any. I’ll try again tonight.
In Hawaii, the weather changes so fast and the official weather report is often wrong but is right at one mile further from where you are.

I have a movie clip from our Lanai where it shows a downpour while the sun was still shining to the right all in the same short movie.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
wondering about availability of medical there...
I've heard that even on the other islands, if the problem is severe enough they fly the patient to Honolulu. I know Maui has a lot of clinics and facilities available, that might be where someone from Molokai would start out. It's been awhile since we've been to Molokai and luckily we didn't need medical attention while we were there so we weren't looking for it and I have no idea what is available.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wondering about availability of medical there...

There are two clinics here and the hospital. We actually just drove by the hospital a couple days ago. It is new and modern but we have not had to use it, Thankfully.

From the people I have talked to, it is similar to the hospital in the small town that I live in. Anything major and I would have to be Med-flighted to Madison. Here it would be Oahu. There is a card residents can purchase that will cover the cost of the flight for medical reasons. The cost for that was under $100 annually.

taffy19

Reaction score
There are two clinics here and the hospital. We actually just drove by the hospital a couple days ago. It is new and modern but we have not had to use it, Thankfully.

From the people I have talked to, it is similar to the hospital in the small town that I live in. Anything major and I would have to be Med-flighted to Madison. Here it would be Oahu. There is a card residents can purchase that will cover the cost of the flight for medical reasons. The cost for that was under $100 annually.
A local person told me this too and I believe that she mentioned $85.00 per year but you need it or you would pay an awful lot more to be transported to another Island if you have a heart attack or a stroke or need a major surgery.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A local person told me this too and I believe that she mentioned $85.00 per year but you need it or you would pay an awful lot more to be transported to another Island if you have a heart attack or a stroke or need a major surgery.

Yes, $85 sounds right. I have it written down from when I talked to my realtor.

taffy19

Reaction score
Yes, $85 sounds right. I have it written down from when I talked to my realtor.
For a tourist, your credit card may cover this expense or your travel insurance you have bought but I doubt that this will cover to fly you home to your local hospital in case you need a long hospital stay.

It may be covered by your employment firm but not when you are retired. This is how I understand it.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For a tourist, your credit card may cover this expense or your travel insurance you have bought but I doubt that this will cover to fly you home to your local hospital in case you need a long hospital stay.

It may be covered by your employment firm but not when you are retired. This is how I understand it.

Yes, that’s the way I understand it too.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lazy day today. We had to stop into Kaunakakai town to get a few things and talk to the property manager. Now we are slowly packing things away in the owners closet. We leave tomorrow at noon for Maui and then Maui to Chicago and Chicago to Madison. We should be home at about 11am on Sunday.

We planned really good in food. We won’t have to throw anything. :thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Lazy day today. We had to stop into Kaunakakai town to get a few things and talk to the property manager. Now we are slowly packing things away in the owners closet. We leave tomorrow at noon for Maui and then Maui to Chicago and Chicago to Madison. We should be home at about 11am on Sunday.

You did a great job this first week in the new place. I can tell you two will enjoy living there. Have a safe trip home, Jeff. We're off to New Orleans first thing in the morning.

Dave

taffy19

Reaction score

That is a long journey home and I wish you safe flights and the rest of your journey.

It was a lot of fun and interesting to read your posts and seeing your pictures and videos too. :cool:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You did a great job this first week in the new place. I can tell you two will enjoy living there. Have a safe trip home, Jeff. We're off to New Orleans first thing in the morning.

Dave

Safe travels to you too Dave!! You’ll love New Orleans.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is a long journey home and I wish you safe flights and the rest of your journey.

It was a lot of fun and interesting to read your posts and seeing your pictures and videos too. :cool:

Thank You, I enjoy doing the posts. I will try again tonight on the lights if Maui but it’s cloudy over there now. Looks like it’s raining over there.