• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coral Tower at Atlantis In the Bahamas

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I just booked one of my 5 night certificates for a cat 5 at the Coral Tower. It was the only cat 5 of the group of hotels. Would love to get some recommendations for off site restaurant. Also thought it is not a timeshare, I understand they charge $8 per bottle for water. Is there a supermarket near by to buy food (like water, orange juices ). Can you drink the water at the hotel?

Thanks

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
I just booked one of my 5 night certificates for a cat 5 at the Coral Tower. It was the only cat 5 of the group of hotels. Would love to get some recommendations for off site restaurant. Also thought it is not a timeshare, I understand they charge $8 per bottle for water. Is there a supermarket near by to buy food (like water, orange juices ). Can you drink the water at the hotel?

Thanks
Grab a cab and have them take you to the supermarket located right over the bridge. There is also a liquor store located right next to supermarket. Carmine's, Murray's, Burger Shack, Pizza,other restaurants in same small shopping village, hotel shuttles will take you there. I would not drink the water.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Just returned from there. Everything is crazy expensive. Your airport transportation can include a grocery stop. Bring some stainless steel water bottles and have your own cocktail by the pool.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grab a cab and have them take you to the supermarket located right over the bridge. There is also a liquor store located right next to supermarket. Carmine's, Murray's, Burger Shack, Pizza,other restaurants in same small shopping village, hotel shuttles will take you there. I would not drink the water.

Thanks, I didn't think I could drink the water but just wanted to make sure.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just returned from there. Everything is crazy expensive. Your airport transportation can include a grocery stop. Bring some stainless steel water bottles and have your own cocktail by the pool.

Good suggestion. Thank you

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

Thanks
You will also want to double check if there are extra resort fees. A couple of years ago I remember reading about folks using reward points and being charged close to $100 per night in resort fees and VAT and other taxes for a family of 4.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks
The one time we were there we took everything we could since we had free luggage. We were planning for snacks and breakfast eating out at dinner. We were upgraded to the Reef which had a decent mini kitchen, had we known we would have taken different options than we did. There was a small general store near the resort and a decent grocery store just off the island. Likely the best option is to stop at a grocery store on the way to the resort. They did have some restaurant specials while we were there lowering the price down to just expensive, I seem to recall it was on off nights during the week. Your confirmation should list other fees or you could go on to Marriott.com and look and see if anything else is listed. Our stay was a conference rate and my company covers it so I don't recall the specifics on resort fees.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of the questions you have will be answered under threads about Harborside. Harborside is the timeshare component of the Atlantis resort. Coral Tower is one of the hotel components of the Atlantis resort, but many of your questions are the same as people ask about going to Harborside.

The water at the Atlantis complex comes from a large Reverse Osmosis water production facility that is on Paradise Island. I have not heard of anyone having issues with the water at the Atlantis resort.

I believe that the hotel components have a nightly $48.00 resort fee, This gives you your wifi and some other benefits. Recommend you look at the Atlantis website for more info.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Been many years since we were there but back then their used to be a small neighborhood grocery just across the street from Harbourside. In a little shopping center. May be gone now but I’m sure a quick call to the front desk at Harbourside could give you an answer. Harbourside is a simple walk around the harbor from Atlantis.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Been many years since we were there but back then their used to be a small neighborhood grocery just across the street from Harbourside. In a little shopping center. May be gone now but I’m sure a quick call to the front desk at Harbourside could give you an answer. Harbourside is a simple walk around the harbor from Atlantis.
Looking at Google Maps, it looks like there is a small grocery store there. From the Coral tower that will be a very long walk. I suppose you could take the shuttle to Harborside then walk over and reverse for the trip back.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It’s still there. Went last month. It’s nothingg big but they have stuff lol. It’s next to Bristol liquors. Harborside has carts you can walk over