• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Morning Chair Hogs at WKORN

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it’s 8:38am and almost all of the chairs are taken. Oddly, there isn’t anyone in the pool or in the chairs. (Sarcasm). There are these signs on most of the unoccupied chairs. We will see if they come and clear the chairs at 9:00am or if all the people show up at 8:55!

Attachments

• 2B402E1D-CA05-426E-9A5E-35A4B5942303.jpeg
    2B402E1D-CA05-426E-9A5E-35A4B5942303.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 188

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I hope they enforce this. We will be there in June. Please keep us posted!

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
This is the most ridiculous thing. I've seen people put towels on chairs at 6am, then go to the beach and expect their chairs to be there at 1pm.. whatever made them think this is okay is just sad. use a chair, leave the chair... come back and find another chair, you don't own it. everybody is entitled to be able to use a chair.. I love these chair hog threads, though.. lots of good pictures and stories!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Is there a way to give feedback to management about the positive side of this? With hoggers it's all about them and their vacation without consideration for others. My fear is that the hoggers will give low ratings and complain loudly and we need to counterbalance with positive.

IMHO...If it were me, I would tip the employee who removed the towels. I will do this if I see this when we visit. I am sure those folks are putting up with rude, angry hoggers! (and they don't get paid much for putting up with such crap.)

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The pools seem more crowded than ever since the beach is in such bad shape.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is true. We usually spend our time on the beach but there really isn’t room to set up without going farther south.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
0A494F64-DE92-4636-BF75-ED90C11EF663.jpeg
That is true. We usually spend our time on the beach but there really isn’t room to set up without go No farther south.

You got that right - this beach has been trashed by storms. Can’t believe how bad it is.

Attachments

• 63DBAEF1-F03F-4C76-9411-9FB955F15E82.jpeg
    63DBAEF1-F03F-4C76-9411-9FB955F15E82.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 78

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Hardly any sand left, and rocks at the shore line. Nobody wants to go in anymore. This beach is wasted.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
4AFD502D-1323-417C-864C-E184FE27EBF8.jpeg

Attachments

• 8B2EBFAF-763D-4FCE-820B-8BE497E11C12.jpeg
    8B2EBFAF-763D-4FCE-820B-8BE497E11C12.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 70

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
btw - the beaches change throughout the year.

Great to hear that staff is once again trying to deal with chair hogs.

We don’t really use the pool chairs, but often can see chair hogs grabbing chairs in the morning.
Some folks just seem to think they are entitled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! This is the best thread I've read all day (except for the part about the missing beach). The tagging is very similar to what the staff does at the Marriott Ocean Club and it worked well when we've stayed there. We own oceanfronts at WKORVN and when we have a view overlooking the pool, we hate watching the CH's mark their territory for the day. I feel worse when we can't find a chair to use for an hour or so at the pool with the kids, and all the "claimed" chairs are still unoccupied. Kudos to the resort for trying to solve this problem!

jnsywg

Reaction score
Glad to hear that this is continuing. We saw them do it over winter break and it was well managed.

I am sure that the GM, Ryan Nobriga <ryan.nobriga@westinkaanapali.com>, would welcome the positive feedback. If you can, quote staff names as they are rewarded for positive feedback.

Is there a way to give feedback to management about the positive side of this? With hoggers it's all about them and their vacation without consideration for others. My fear is that the hoggers will give low ratings and complain loudly and we need to counterbalance with positive.

IMHO...If it were me, I would tip the employee who removed the towels. I will do this if I see this when we visit. I am sure those folks are putting up with rude, angry hoggers! (and they don't get paid much for putting up with such crap.)

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that this is continuing. We saw them do it over winter break and it was well managed.

I am sure that the GM, Ryan Nobriga <ryan.nobriga@westinkaanapali.com>, would welcome the positive feedback. If you can, quote staff names as they are rewarded for positive feedback.
Thanks for Ryan’s email address. I just sent him an email.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now. We could not find any available chair until 4 pm at WKORVN. We have been going to Nanea to use the pool and chairs. It seems not as crowded at Nanea.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
On a similar note, recently at WDW where they have a 'Quiet Pool' we saw that the staff there did go around and ask people to talk more quietly if they thought they were above the 'library' standard stipulated on the notices. My wife even woke me up to tell me I was snoring too loudly as she was worried we'd be 'ticketed' :)

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
In Princeville this March they spoke to a group of 60 to 75 year olds in the quiet pool and asked them to use their indoor voices . They were giggling about it for the next hour.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Wow - crazy! Hate when this happens..it's unfortunate that it seems to be a problem at so many resorts. Glad to see they're taking action.

Is this typically the same scene at the south pool?

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow - crazy! Hate when this happens..it's unfortunate that it seems to be a problem at so many resorts. Glad to see they're taking action.

Is this typically the same scene at the south pool?
We were at KORV last week and for us, it didn't seem to be a problem. We were down by the pool at different times during the day, but were always able to find chairs (maybe not always in the shade, but at least there were chairs available).

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The beach condition has made the pool chair problem worse. There used to be maybe 3 dozen people down on the beach. Now that nobody uses the beach, there are 3 dozen more people looking for pool chairs.