• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2020 points increase in Cabo!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The points for the Hotel units (mandatory AI) did NOT go up so you could always stay that way and just bribe them for an upgrade when you check in.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I just posted this in the New Locations thread, but thought it was appropriate here too. According to the latest Club Traveler newsletter, the new Los Cabos location will be by Hilton Club. It will be named La Pacifica Los Cabos by Hilton Club.

https://club.hiltongrandvacations.c..._campaign=us-clu-hgv-201905&utm_content=arti1

Head scratcher: This does not fit the bHC branding. It's not urban and it would seem that the surrounding ADRs in Cabo are not high enough to justify 50:1 HHonors conversion (note: this was told via a sales rep who may have had it wrong.) Perhaps they had to designate it as bHC in order to maintain the FA agreement?

Or perhaps they are trying to find more ways to upsell buyers into the bHC system and to get bHC points owners to buy more points? IMO this would have to be a "blow your mind" resort for anyone to use expensive NYC points in Cabo because there are really nice FA and RCI (plus cheap cash getaway) alternatives for a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
If they ever did that, we'd sell as HGVC would have very little value for us (except W. 57th). We bought for points and flexibility, very specifically. Fortunately, this is not something they're likely to take away, but we gambled on that when we bought, and I do consider ti a safe bet. We own Flamingo and, while we do stay there periodically, that's not why we have those points.

With DVC, we have two places we want to stay, and did buy there. For HGVC, that equation is just not the same for us (NYC aside).

But I do understand that the only guarantee is our week at the place we own.

Cheers.

I totally with brp on this. My thoughts for the possibility of HGVC changing the rules for reservations outside of your home resort are this. Honolulu and New York City and most difficult to exchange into of the the HGVC locations. HGVC continues to develop more properties in these locations. More properties provides more opportunities to sell highly sort after locations, but also more opportunities for owners at other resorts to exchange into which makes the selling of weeks in those other locations more desirable. Without the opportunity to exchange into other properties I believe that some HGVC properties at both Las Vegas and Orlando would have a difficult time keeping a sufficient numbers of owners to pay the bills.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I am not sure what you mean by "devaluing" existing contracts. The HGVC Resorts and Point Structure is the base of what HGVC owners own and have to exchange for other resorts. My understanding is that Fiesta American has a special exchange relationship with HGVC, but it is NOT part of the club just like the RCI resorts are NOT part of the club. Therefore, raising their points just like if RCI raised it's points is not really HGVC "devaluing" existing contracts for within club reservations.

Totally agree. I asked this same specific question when I purchased and was told "it would not and could not happen" contractually with HGVC because of the way it is structure. You bought property for a certain amount of time/points per year. You own basically a percentage, all be it small, of that property. Raising points to get the same amount of time would be like taking away your part of your fractional ownership. The way these contracts are written, and I am no attorney, I think that would be illegal or breach of contract for HGVC to suddenly raise required points/stay.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Head scratcher: This does not fit the bHC branding. It's not urban and it would seem that the surrounding ADRs in Cabo are not high enough to justify 50:1 HHonors conversion (note: this was told via a sales rep who may have had it wrong.)

I don’t see this being attractive for me. I also don’t think the 60 day booking window for us mere HGVC mortals will be useful. For NYC and proximity, that works for me now. West coast of Mexico, not so much.