• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do you get rid of Mexican timeshares

saskskippy

TUG Member
Reaction score
has anyone just stopped paying maintenance fees? Do any have a return plan?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since there is no actual ownership, the only hold they have is just loss of use. So stop paying and you're done. They might write letters, or even sell your name along with other delinquents to some collector, but they will never get a judgement or file a bad credit over a vacation club membership.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
P.S. If I dissected your username correctly, and you are Canadian, that's even more reason to believe that there will be no repercussions to just stopping paying on an unwanted Medical TS.

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Best to share what you have and then folks here can point you to the best solution.

If it’s paid for and just a maintenance fee you don’t want them EBay may be a good path to move it to someone else.

Don’t suggest you pay any organizations to sell it for you.

Anything a fellow Canadian may be interested in ?

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it’s paid for and just a maintenance fee you don’t want them EBay may be a good path to move it to someone else.
Most Mexican TSs have such high transfer fees that selling a membership is not worth the cost.

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Most Mexican TSs have such high transfer fees that selling a membership is not worth the cost.

We’ve purchased 3 with only $158 USD resort transfer fees so always worth checking

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
First things first, contact the Mexican resort and ask about transfer fees. Then you can decide whether to proceed with finding a new owner for it, or to just walk away.

Jim

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Ok heard directly from @saskskippy.

Paradise Village Resort (Nuevo Vallarta?) is the Membership in question. Not one I am familiar with so I would simply suggest TUG marketplace as a freebie and Ebay for $1. Might have better value though?

Asking others to generously provide their recommendations on next steps.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Paradise Village is in Nuevo Vallarta. Haven’t stayed there, but the location is decent. Don’t think it has much resale value as I see a fair number advertised essentially for free with seller covering transfer fees.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Paradise Village is in Nuevo Vallarta. Haven’t stayed there, but the location is decent. Don’t think it has much resale value as I see a fair number advertised essentially for free with seller covering transfer fees.

Paradise Village is a points based RTU . The transfer cost is based on the number of points owned .

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Probably call and see what the transfer fee is. I think it might be as high as 10% of the original sale price. I thought about getting one of these but the transfer fee killed the deal for me.

Bill