• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott/Vistana overlay

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I own an EOY WKOVR-N unit. I am also Presidential in MVC. I would love to enroll my EOY WKOVR-N week at an adorable price. However, I think we would be slightly short of total points to get us to Chairman's Level so I would probably need to buy additional DPs to qualify.

Edit: Adorable Price sounds great LOL but I meant affordable price. Funny how spell check changes words.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
After almost 10 years of promotion, MVC has only been able to get a little more than half (60%) of weeks owners to enroll. This is without a mandatory benefit because they had none.

I bet a high proportion of the weeks in the points trust are low season junk, so I question whether high season, premium properties will be easily available as the inventory may be quite limited. Unlike MVC, with SOs every property is automatically enrolled so you have a chance at the inventory.

For Marriott owners, the only option for trading was to trade week for week via II which is clunky and doesn't allow for stays other than a week long. They had no points system. Vistana already allows shorter stays via SOs.

Vistana will present a higher barrier to adoption for MVC to overcome because SOs will be "good enough" for many people vs. paying more money.

Here's a summary to compare:

MVC enrollment to MVC owners:
  • no mandatory to maintain because there is none
  • only option to trade was by week in II
  • Trust has limited property enrollment - lots of low season. But keep all weeks rights.
  • no short stay option
and yet despite these benefits after 10 years they only got 60% enrollment!

MVC enrollment to Vistana owners:
  • mandatory important to resale value (deal breaker); n/a for voluntary owners
  • Vistana owners already can trade via SOs
  • Every Vistana property enrolled in SO system for free
  • Owners already have short stay options via SOs
  • Owners already have access to some MVC weeks via II and getaways.
Other than access to *some* MVC properties on a short stay basis what do you get?

Given this, MVC may need to offer premium Vistana owners very sweet deals to give up what we've got in order to get premium Vistana properties into the MVC trust. (We are currently in the "good enough" camp for the years we may trade. Mea Culpa they will limit us to Westins and Sheratons via SOs! Incremental cost? Free + maintain mandatory designation :))

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
After almost 10 years of promotion, MVC has only been able to get a little more than half (60%) of weeks owners to enroll. This is without a mandatory benefit because they had none.

I bet a high proportion of the weeks in the points trust are low season junk, so I question whether high season, premium properties will be easily available as the inventory may be quite limited. Unlike MVC, with SOs every property is automatically enrolled so you have a chance at the inventory.

For Marriott owners, the only option for trading was to trade week for week via II which is clunky and doesn't allow for stays other than a week long. They had no points system. Vistana already allows shorter stays via SOs.

Vistana will present a higher barrier to adoption for MVC to overcome because SOs will be "good enough" for many people vs. paying more money.

Here's a summary to compare:

MVC enrollment to MVC owners:
  • no mandatory to maintain because there is none
  • only option to trade was by week in II
  • Trust has limited property enrollment - lots of low season. But keep all weeks rights.
  • no short stay option
and yet after 10 years they only got 60% enrollment!

MVC enrollment to Vistana owners:
  • mandatory important to resale value (deal breaker); n/a for voluntary owners
  • Vistana owners already can trade via SOs
  • Every Vistana property enrolled in SO system for free
  • Owners already have short stay options via SOs
  • Owners already have access to some MVC weeks via II and getaways.
Other than access to *some* MVC properties on a short stay basis what do you get?

Given this, MVC may need to offer premium Vistana owners very sweet deals to give up what we've got in order to get premium Vistana properties into the MVC trust. (We are currently in the "good enough" camp for the years we may trade. Mea Culpa they will limit us to Westins and Sheratons via SOs! Incremental cost? Free + maintain mandatory designation :))

I agree with you but want to reiterate that if one enrolls their unit they do NOT “give up” anything. One question would be “if the enrollment fee is reasonable would an owner enroll their Vistana week in order to be able to make an internal exchange into one of the 50+ MVC resorts in a given year?” If that owner sees value in doing that without going through II, which can be unpredictable if not impossible for certain resorts, then enrolling makes sense. I know I would do it just to have more options.

Best regards.

Mike

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
So to clarify, you are saying enrollment DOESN’T effect how you can use your Vistana week now? But you would have access to all of the Marriott Properties? What day/month window? Like at 8 months?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So to clarify, you are saying enrollment DOESN’T effect how you can use your Vistana week now? But you would have access to all of the Marriott Properties? What day/month window? Like at 8 months?
If it is enrollment in DC, and you elect your week to DC points in a given year, then you should be able to book at 13/12/10 depending on status and how many days you want to travel. However, once you elect points in that year, you wouldn't be allowed to use StarOptions and would lose home resort privilege anymore until the next year.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I agree with you but want to reiterate that if one enrolls their unit they do NOT “give up” anything. One question would be “if the enrollment fee is reasonable would an owner enroll their Vistana week in order to be able to make an internal exchange into one of the 50+ MVC resorts in a given year?” If that owner sees value in doing that without going through II, which can be unpredictable if not impossible for certain resorts, then enrolling makes sense. I know I would do it just to have more options.

Best regards.

Mike

I agree that nothing was given up for Marriott enrollment. However Marriott owners never had grandfathered mandatory resale property rights before, so there was nothing to give up.

We will not know whether anything is waived until the final contracts are offered during the enrollment period. At which time I would recommend reading the fine print to make sure there is no waiver of mandatory property rights. I have heard that enrolling in Flex removes those rights. I would approach this very cautiously.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
By enrolling in Flex, do you mean buying into Flex? There isn’t an enrollment in Flex- you are buying Flex and Yes, if you “trade in” or upgrade a Mandatory Unit to buy Flex Options, you have bought a product that is Not Mandatory and no longer own a Mandatory Unit.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
By enrolling in Flex, do you mean buying into Flex? There isn’t an enrollment in Flex- you are buying Flex and Yes, if you “trade in” or upgrade a Mandatory Unit to buy Flex Options, you have bought a product that is Not Mandatory and no longer own a Mandatory Unit.

Good point. Flex sounds more like trading in a unit to buy Flex points. Akin to trading in a Marriott week for pure DC points.

I sincerely hope that MVC keeps all rights with Vistana enrollment. This will be the fastest way for MVC to integrate Vistana properties into their portfolio. Otherwise, MVC will have an uphill battle and disparate systems for a long long time.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My understanding was that MVCI goal was to get 1/3 of all resort weeks during all seasons into the trust through ROFR and buybacks. They were fairly aggressive with buy backs for almost 2 years and have now settled predominately into selective ROFR plus take backs without compensation. The MVCI trust is quite robust, it isn't primarily low season weeks.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My understanding was that MVCI goal was to get 1/3 of all resort weeks during all seasons into the trust through ROFR and buybacks. They were fairly aggressive with buy backs for almost 2 years and have now settled predominately into selective ROFR plus take backs without compensation. The MVCI trust is quite robust, it isn't primarily low season weeks.

Although this will work over time, it seems that the fastest way for MVC to get prime units into the trust for points use is through aggressive enrollment of weeks owners who own prime properties during peak season.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Although this will work over time, it seems that the fastest way for MVC to get prime units into the trust for points use is through aggressive enrollment of weeks owners who own prime properties during peak season.
The problem is, with most of the Vistana prime properties, Marriott already has locations there. Perhaps Mexico being the only exception. So they really don't need to get people to enroll to give Marriott owners access to those locations. I don't know many Marriott owners clamoring to go to WKORV. They would probably rather go to the Maui Ocean Club. Of course.

I think another issue will be how Marriott allocates the points. I suspect places like Cancun they may provide a high point allotment to entice those owners to enroll so they can open Mexico up to Marriott owners. But places like Orlando would probably be on par with the allocations at the other Orlando Marriotts and the same would probably be true for Hawaii.

Of course all this speculation is fun, we will just have to wait and see how they implement this in 2020. While June 2020 is a long way off, they may hold this off till then to coincide with the 10 year anniversary and open up enrollment to everyone again (even post 6/2010 resale weeks). Though that may upset many who have paid a lot of money through the promotion and purchase of DC points to enroll their otherwise ineligible weeks.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
The TUG rumors seem to indicate the Marriott is developing a new overlay and they may keep the existing MVC and Vistana programs separate.

The only reason I would even consider enrolled would be to get to Chairman’s Level, assuming Chairman’s Level is enhanced. The way it is right now, Presidential Level has almost the same perks.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

As a MVC DP owners with trust points and enrolled weeks, I find the MVC points program have as much inventory as I need. I have not had any problem with it. I like it a lot. I do not like II at all. I use that as a last resort.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The rumors seem to indicate the Marriott is developing a new overlay and they may keep the existing MVC and Vistana programs separate.

This makes sense. Why limit upgrade $$$ from just Vistana owners who may want access to Spain, Newport, and Thailand when you can also dip into the MVC upgrade well for cash incenting MVC to Mexico, St. John, plus access to more HI inventory options.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This makes sense. Why limit upgrade $$$ from just Vistana owners who may want access to Spain, Newport, and Thailand when you can also dip into the MVC upgrade well for cash incenting MVC to Mexico, St. John, plus access to more HI inventory options.

I was just at Marriott Marbella for 5N. While I was super fortunate to get a 2BR with a direct ocean view, overall I did not like the location. The town of Marbella is huge. It took about 30 minutes or so to get to the part of Marbella that I was interested in experiencing. The cab rides were very expensive too. In my trip to Spain, I think I spent more on transportation between cities and within cities than on lodging and food.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The rumors seem to indicate the Marriott is developing a new overlay and they may keep the existing MVC and Vistana programs separate.
What is the source for these rumors?

I would actually prefer a second overlay that may better protect home resort and StarOption usage for Vistana. I don't want the weeks/StarOption benefits to become devalued with people being able to book it with DC points at 12/10 months when StarOptions users have to wait until 8. Perhaps a 7/6 month booking window would be best between the two systems.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is the source for these rumors?

I would actually prefer a second overlay that may better protect home resort and StarOption usage for Vistana. I don't want the weeks/StarOption benefits to become devalued with people being able to book it with DC points at 12/10 months when StarOptions users have to wait until 8. Perhaps a 7/6 month booking window would be best between the two systems.

The rumors are TUG speculation, as usual. I corrected my post to indicate they are TUG rumors so they may or may not be true.

Frankly if I were the MVC head, I would think a new overlay that both MVC owners and Vistana owners need to buy into would be the best. I might buy into it if there were some nice advantages over what I have today.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they lowered the price because it is more potential customers for point sales.

I do think you will find an attractive option to enroll your WKORV weeks because those are the type of weeks that Marriott expects will always be in high demand. Theoretically, WKORV is already accessible to me with StarOptions, but the reality is that high demand seasons are not. Marriott wants to structure the overlay in such a way that WKORV is always accessible with Marriott Points no matter the season. In the Marriott system, even the most highly demanded weeks have availability (right at inventory release) and the overlay needs to continue this for the most highly demanded Westin weeks (that are currently incredibly scarce 8 months out).

If Marriott simply offers an exchange ratio of [2,500] Marriott points for [81,000] StarOptions but leaves the reservation system/method intact, then it won't improve the reservations experience and people won't use it as much. I think the more successful approach would be to find a way to bring the Vistana week into the Marriott system and give each week a points value, meaning there will be winners and losers. You will be a winner in that system. I can't see you exchanging your WKORV week for [5,500] Marriott points, which would be the value if it was based on a fixed Marriott:StarOption conversion ratio like the 2,500/81,000 that I suggested above. However, if they treat WKORV like Maui Ocean Club, and you are receiving [7,500] Marriott Points for your week, then you may be willing to play in the Marriott system because there is alot you can do with 7,500 points. But that's too high a ratio to broadly apply to the other StarOptions weeks, which would overweight Vistana owners versus Marriott owners. We will see and it will be interesting.

Best,

Greg
The Hawaiian Vistana resorts will pose a particular problem because they only have one season. A 2 bedroom at Ko'olina for example can be as little as 4500 and as high as 8250 points depending on the view and the week. If they give 7500 points to all VKORV 2 bedroom owners, the Westin owners will end up way "richer" than the Marriott owners in terms of aggregate number of points

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
The Hawaiian Vistana resorts will pose a particular problem because they only have one season. A 2 bedroom at Ko'olina for example can be as little as 4500 and as high as 8250 points depending on the view and the week. If they give 7500 points to all VKORV 2 bedroom owners, the Westin owners will end up way "richer" than the Marriott owners in terms of aggregate number of points

I think you may be confusing Marriott's DC Point booking structure with their point assignment structure. Two very different things.

You used a KoOlina example, but a better comparative example would be the Lahaina/Napili Towers at Maui Ocean Club, which is right up the beach from WKORV. In Hawaii, ALL Marriott 2BR units of the same view category receive the same DC Point allocation. For the Lahaina/Napili Towers, it looks like this:

Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina/Napili Villas
2BR Island View -- 4725
2BR Mtn/Gdn View -- 5500
2BR Ocean View -- 6625
2BR Ocean Front -- 7475

So, those are the point values that an owner gets whenever they choose to convert their owned week to DC Points. All Marriott Hawaii floating weeks only have one season as well - Platinum (I'm not counting fixed holiday weeks like week 51/52). So, Marriott could do the same with WKORV weeks. I'm not an expert on the unit/view categories there, but just looking at a old StarOptions chart I got from somewhere, they theoretically could design something like this:

Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
2BR Lockoff Ocean Front -- 7475
2BR Lockoff -- 5500

Those would be the points a WKORV owner would get if they elected to convert to DC Points instead of using their home week or using StarOptions. It would work the same way it works today for an enrolled Marriott Maui Ocean Club owner.

Where there IS a difference by season is in the number of DC Points it takes to book Maui Ocean Club (and other Hawaii resorts). With advent of the point system, Marriott built a two-season point booking structure for Hawaii resorts. Lets call them High Season/Shoulder Season (my words). For those same 2BR Lahaina/Napili Villas units at Maui Ocean Club that I used above, here is what it takes for a DC Points user to actually book those weeks:

2BR Island View -- 4700 Shoulder Season/5450 High Season
2BR Mtn/Gdn View -- 5500 Shoulder Season/6425 High Season
2BR Ocean View -- 6650 Shoulder Season/7625 High Season
2BR Ocean Front -- 7450 Shoulder Season/ 8650 High Season

As you can see, it's two different schedules. The difference between the point assignment and the booking cost is what Marriott owners call "skim". It was a point of some controversy when the DC Points system was first launched. At most Marriott resorts, it always costs more points to actually book something than what owners of that same ownership get for their week. Hawaii is a small exception in that the skim is only meaningful for the "High Season" bookings. This was created because they elected to take a single-season Hawaii Legacy Weeks system and overlay a two-season Hawaii points system on top of it.

So, Marriott week owners whose owned week(s) are enrolled in the DC Points system can choose, for any given usage year, to do one of the following:

1. Use their owned week
2. Deposit their owned week into Interval International
3. Elect for their DC Points allocation and then spend those points on bookings in the Marriott system

IF they eventually opt to follow a similar model for Vistana owners, then a Vistana owner might have the following options:

1. Use their owned week
3. Use their assigned StarOptions to book other StarOptions resorts
4. Elect for their DC Points allocation and then spend those points on bookings in the Marriott system

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The rumors are TUG speculation, as usual. I corrected my post to indicate they are TUG rumors so they may or may not be true.
Then I am not sure that the rumor is that Marriott is developing a separate overlay program. There are many speculations here about what could concoct with regard to how the new program could work. A separate overlay is only one of many.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you may be confusing Marriott's DC Point booking structure with their point assignment structure. Two very different things.

You used a KoOlina example, but a better comparative example would be the Lahaina/Napili Towers at Maui Ocean Club, which is right up the beach from WKORV. In Hawaii, ALL Marriott 2BR units of the same view category receive the same DC Point allocation. For the Lahaina/Napili Towers, it looks like this:

2BR Island View -- 4725
2BR Mtn/Gdn View -- 5500
2BR Ocean View -- 6625
2BR Ocean Front -- 7475

So, those are the point values that an owner gets whenever they choose to convert their owned week to DC Points. All Marriott Hawaii floating weeks only have one season as well - Platinum (I'm not counting fixed holiday weeks like week 51/52). So, Marriott could do the same with WKORV weeks. I'm not an expert on the unit/view categories there, but just looking at a old StarOptions chart I got from somewhere, they theoretically could design something like this:

2BR Lockoff -- 5500

Those would be the points a WKORV owner would get if they elected to convert to DC Points instead of using their home week or using StarOptions. It would work the same way it works today for an enrolled Marriott Maui Ocean Club owner.

Where there IS a difference by season is in the number of DC Points it takes to book Maui Ocean Club (and other Hawaii resorts). With advent of the point system, Marriott built a two-season point booking structure. Lets call them High Season/Shoulder Season (my words). For those same 2BR Lahaina/Napili Villas units at Maui Ocean Club that I used above, here is what it takes for a DC Points user to actually book those weeks:

As you can see, it's two different schedules. The difference between the point assignment and the booking cost is what Marriott owners call "skim". It was a point of some controversy when the DC Points system was first launched. At most Marriott resorts, it always costs more points to actually book something than what owners of that same ownership get for their week. Hawaii is a small exception in that the skim is only meaningful for the "High Season" bookings. This was created because they elected to take a single-season Legacy Weeks system and overlay a two-season points system on top of it.

So, Marriott week owners whose owned week(s) are enrolled in the DC Points system can choose, for any given usage year, to do one of the following:

1. Use their owned week
3. Elect for their DC Points allocation and then spend those points on bookings in the Marriott system

IF they eventually opt to follow a similar model for Vistana owners, then a Vistana owner might have the following options:

1. Use their owned week
4. Elect for their DC Points allocation and then spend those points on bookings in the Marriott system

thank you for clarifying this for me and others

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

2BR Island View -- 4725
2BR Mtn/Gdn View -- 5500
2BR Ocean View -- 6625
2BR Ocean Front -- 7475

2BR Lockoff -- 5500

Where there IS a difference by season is in the number of DC Points it takes to book Maui Ocean Club (and other Hawaii resorts). With advent of the point system, Marriott built a two-season point booking structure. Lets call them High Season/Shoulder Season (my words). For those same 2BR Lahaina/Napili Villas units at Maui Ocean Club that I used above, here is what it takes for a DC Points user to actually book those weeks:

As you can see, it's two different schedules. The difference between the point assignment and the booking cost is what Marriott owners call "skim". It was a point of some controversy when the DC Points system was first launched. At most Marriott resorts, it always costs more points to actually book something than what owners of that same ownership get for their week. Hawaii is a small exception in that the skim is only meaningful for the "High Season" bookings. This was created because they elected to take a single-season Legacy Weeks system and overlay a two-season points system on top of it.

1. Use their owned week

1. Use their owned week

Thanks for explaining that. Two questions:

1) If you own an EOY, I assume that you would get the DC points EOY. Do they have to be used in the same year or can you borrow or bank to another year?

2) We own WKORVN - OF. In addition to our own resort, skim makes it so that we wouldn't be able to book high season at MOC or other MVC top resort because our points would be less than what's needed? It would only work with shorter stays or shoulder season?

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

1) If you own an EOY, I assume that you would get the DC points EOY. Do they have to be used in the same year or can you borrow or bank to another year?

2) We own WKORVN - OF. In addition to our own resort, skim makes it so that we wouldn't be able to book high season at MOC or other MVC top resort because our points would be less than what's needed? It would only work with shorter stays or shoulder season?

1. You can bank DC points; the time period during which you must use them depends on your status level (12-24 months).

2. The number of points one gets for electing points on an enrolled unit is slightly more than needed to book the lowest cost week during your season. So IF they set 2bd MOC-OF (new towers) = 2 bd WKORV-OF, an owner of either could book the other during the lowest points weeks (January, May, etc.) -- depending on availability. Of course, during years one does not elect points, one can book any week in the owned season at the home resort.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

1) Yes. Ask vacationtime1 said, with an EOY ownership, you would only get DC points EOY, but you can bank/borrow some or all into another year.

2) If things played out like my example (obviously, that's just speculation, so no idea what will really happen), and your WKORVN-OF got 7475 assigned DC Points like the MOC new towers do, you are correct that it would not be enough to book high season OF at MOC Lahaina/Napili Villas (takes 8650 points). But with 7475 DC points at your disposal, you could book almost everywhere else in almost any season/view with no problem (and in many cases, with significant points left over). For example, here are some high season points costs for the top view category at a few other top MVC 2BR locations:

Hilton Head Grande Ocean (OF): 5400
Myrtle Beach Oceanwatch (OF): 4675
Marco Island Crystal Shores (Gulf Front): 7350
Orlando Grande Vista: 3175
Orlando Lakeshore Reserve: 4175
Palm Beach Ocean Pointe/Oceana Palms: 5900
Newport Coast Villas: 4725
Lake Tahoe Timber Lodge: 5000
Las Vegas Grande Chateau: 3675
Park City Mountainside: 6900
Hawaii Big Island Waikoloa (OF): 7125
Hawaii Maui Ocean Club - Original Towers (OF): 7450
Hawaii Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina/Napili Villas (OF): 8650
Hawaii Kauai Beach Club: 5900
Hawaii Kauai Lagoons: 7050
Hawaii Kauai Waiohai (OV): 5875
Hawaii Oahu Ko'olina (OV Penthouse): 6875
Aruba Ocean Club/Surf Club (OF): 5900
St. Kitts Beach Club (OS): 4525
St. Thomas Frenchman's Cove: 5675
Gold Coast Australia Surfers Paradise: 6600
Ritz Carlton Club- Lake Tahoe: 6875
Ritz Carlton Club San Francisco: 6875
Ritz Carlton Club Aspen: 7725
Ritz Carlton Club Vail: 7950
Ritz Carlton Club St Thomas: 5675

At some of these resorts, there are some holiday weeks - July 4, Presidents Day, Christmas/New Years - that require higher points than what is shown above. But other than holiday weeks, the above numbers are for the top view 2BR in high season.

As you can see from the above list, if your WKORVN-OF got the same DC Point allocation as a MOC Lahaina/Napili, even with the MVC skim, you would have enough points to book anything in the MVC system except MOC Lahaina/Napili High Season and High Season at the Ritz resorts in Aspen and Vail. You would also be short at some of the other places for certain holiday weeks. But other than these exceptions, OF in Hawaii is pretty much top of the food chain in the Marriott DC system. IF they do offer a DC option for WKORV and WKORVN, I would expect those owners to fare very, very well.

Last edited: