• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If PR were higher then Platinum, why would it be an “honor” to be Platinum.

Sales touts it as a status, because people doesn’t understand the other stuff.
So PR owners are below VIP Platinum & they are fools for not understanding the other stuff!! Got it

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s how the sales people like to tout it, but in actually, it’s just the points are deeded to PR units. Points that have higher maintenance fees too.
How do you think sales tout VIP tiers? Your VIP Gold but actually aren’t your deeded points to the same units as a resale owner & your points have higher maintenance fees too.

You want status, I’ll give you the #1 status PR has in my opinion:
Unlimited RARP at 12 months to all PR units at all PR Resorts

Now that’s status in my humble opinion

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
How do you think sales tout VIP tiers? Your VIP Gold but actually aren’t your deeded points to the same units as a resale owner & your points have higher maintenance fees too.

That’s deeded access. Just like a Margaritaville deed has access to Margaritaville, or Myrtle Beach deeds have access to multiple MB resorts. It’s based on the deed, not a programmatic VIP status that can be modified at any time.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I do not mind bantering back and forth with you, because you do occasionally make me think. However, I meant what I said. I don’t think people care to watch us banter back and forth about whether PR is a status or not, so I will just leave it. I did want to clarify something though. I didn’t mean to insulate that Platinum was higher then PR. I think they are mostly the same. PR just has specific benefits to their inventory that is treated differently. I could go on, but again, I don’t want to fill up this thread with something that is off topic. If you want to start a new post about it, I’ll chime in. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn’t mean to insulate that Platinum was higher then PR. I think they are mostly the same.

The term that comes to mind for me is parallel, or complementary. They carry different types of benefits. PR doesn't follow from the (current) sequence of silver, gold, platinum. It's an entirely different set of benefits.

In that regard, it makes a lot of sense for Wyndham to add another VIP tier above the current platinum level. Maybe the sales staff can then be (slightly) more intellectually honest and be able to sell it as an actual step up the VIP ladder, instead of trying to sell PR as that step when it's actually a very specific set of deeded benefits that is probably of no need to many platinum owners.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Think of status like this: you know when you eat corn and the next day or so you can see a couple corn kernels in your #%$& before you flush. Those kernels have status because they stand out from the rest.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
“As a Presidential Reserve Member who purchased through Wyndham Vacation Resorts, you automatically achieve the privilege of Platinum VIP status in CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, the elite level reserved for those Members who have 1,000,000 points or more.

This is what Richelle posted and quoted from the Directory.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do you put words in someone’s mouth that aren’t at all what they said?
When someone states “If PR was higher than Platinum, why would it be an “honor”to be Platinum”
I think thats an insult to PR owners & I think it’s a false statement as well.
If you have something Platinum in this instance plus more benefits above & beyond Platinum that’s above Platinum in my book & it’s called Presidential Reserve

When someone says “sales tout it as status, because people don’t understand the other stuff”
Again I think that’s insulting PR owners intelligence.
I think 99% or more of PR owners “understand the other stuff”

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
instead of trying to sell PR as that step when it's actually a very specific set of deeded benefits.
This is a false statement as well. The deed just list the unit #s of the PR units at the home resort. There are no other deeded benefits.
That’s why a resale PR lost all RARP with the last round of changes
Wyndham can change most PR benefits just like any VIP benefits
A 1,000,000 point PR resale doesn’t give you VIP Platinum either as it’s not a deeded benefit

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s deeded access. Just like a Margaritaville deed has access to Margaritaville, or Myrtle Beach deeds have access to multiple MB resorts. It’s based on the deed, not a programmatic VIP status that can be modified at any time.
That’s NOT deeded access as I pointed that out in the previous post

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That’s NOT deeded access as I pointed that out in the previous post

Then show me someone who has access to PR benefits who doesn’t own a PR deed. ( I acknowledge that not all PR owners, e.g resale, have access to the full range of PR benefits, but that’s not the question I’m asking.)

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then show me someone who has access to PR benefits who doesn’t own a PR deed. ( I acknowledge that not all PR owners, e.g resale, have access to the full range of PR benefits, but that’s not the question I’m asking.)
I don’t see a question in your prior response. Of course you have to have a PR contract to get PR benefits but most are not deeded benefits

Baby Jane

Reaction score
I've always thought they would eventually follow in Diamond/Marriott's path: creating a product that is a non-deeded usage assignment with a fee structure or new purchase requirement to "requalify" the points if they are sold. I was a little surprised that CWA did not do that.

Edited to add: now that I think about it, I suppose that's actually quite like what Disney is doing. For those that don't know: their newest resort is, essentially, a distinct "club" with a 1-1 exchange program between it and existing resorts. However, only developer purchases can participate. If you buy resale points at the 14 older resorts, they can only be used in one of those 14, and cannot be used at this, the 15th. If you buy resale points at the 15th, they can only be used at that resort. Presumably each new resort going forward will follow the same model, and be a standalone "club"--at least, it will if this restriction doesn't give too many buyers cold feet. (And I don't think it will). As far as I know, Disney does not offer a way to "requalify" those points. Yet.
I can’t remember when but they did try none deeded. It was at least 20 years ago I am sure. I looked at the sales person and said. You want me to give you my deeded property and pay you more money for it not to be deeded. He was stunned. ‍♀️. I can see them hiding something like that in a contract though

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA already is non-deeded. However, the membership "stays in the club" when you sell it to someone else. For Diamond (and, I believe, Marriott) it does not; it reverts to the underlying (less comprehensive) deed.

curtjones

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion. I also recently went to an update while in Orlando and they mentioned that the VIP levels would be changing. As part of the discussion, I indicated that if I was going to purchase additional points it would be on the open market. Their response was interesting..... they said that if I linked any open market points to my account it would invalidate my VIP status. I made them show me where that was indicated as policy and they pulled out a revised VIP definition sheet ( at least it was new to me). The sales person also showed me an account that was platinum where the individual purchased additional open market points, and lost their platinum VIP benefits. That was definitely an eye opener for me. Guess I will have to go see about purchasing some additional Marriott points.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
How did they show you "an account that was platinum where the individual purchased additional open market points, and lost their platinum VIP benefits"?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Interesting discussion. I also recently went to an update while in Orlando and they mentioned that the VIP levels would be changing. As part of the discussion, I indicated that if I was going to purchase additional points it would be on the open market. Their response was interesting..... they said that if I linked any open market points to my account it would invalidate my VIP status. I made them show me where that was indicated as policy and they pulled out a revised VIP definition sheet ( at least it was new to me). The sales person also showed me an account that was platinum where the individual purchased additional open market points, and lost their platinum VIP benefits. That was definitely an eye opener for me. Guess I will have to go see about purchasing some additional Marriott points.

AFAIK this policy isn’t in force yet but as I said earlier in this thread they are attacking this issue at both ends, meaning changes are under evaluation to the scope of impact for developer purchases and resale purchases.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
AFAIK this policy isn’t in force yet but as I said earlier in this thread they are attacking this issue at both ends, meaning changes are under evaluation to the scope of impact for developer purchases and resale purchases.

Understood - but this report was that it is already happening - not about something occurring down the road.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do you put words in someone’s mouth that aren’t at all what they said?
He has a way of misinterpreting and can be sometimes very abrasive with his comments. He has a vey narrow view of someone else's opinion.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Think of status like this: you know when you eat corn and the next day or so you can see a couple corn kernels in your #%$& before you flush. Those kernels have status because they stand out from the rest.
Very interesting analysis.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very interesting analysis.
So dgalati does PR standout & have status in your opinion?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Understood - but this report was that it is already happening - not about something occurring down the road.

Agreed. Sales weasels will use any tool in the arsenal to make a deal - including false representations of the current state of affairs.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Sales weasels will use any tool in the arsenal to make a deal - including false representations of the current state of affairs.

Like a secret memo aimed at making urgent sales that may never come into play?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Does anyone else see what I see in this supposed memo from corporate?

A memo from corporate would not contain statements like "Why Buy Today? While Privileges won't launch until late 2020, owners who make a purchase after May 1, 2019 will ensure their eligibility for the introductory tier. That means locking in next year's benefits at today's prices." It then goes on to say "What's better than a vacation? A vacation with even more privileges. Now's the time to dream bigger, dive deeper and explore further with Privileges."

This was clearly created by sales and not even any kind of an even semi official announcement directly from corporate. Sales just loves it when we help them by feeding their rumor mill scare tactics.

6479a1a4c07d3f792e5c9f33eb6e0822.jpg