• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does anyone have a current link to the Profeco website in an English version?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
In 2008 in a sticky post I posted a link to the Mexican consumer protection agency, Profeco, about rescinding a Mexican timeshare purchase. That link is www.gob.mx/profeco but now it takes you to their new website which is all in Spanish.

The link used to take you to a page in English with specific instructions and information about a purchaser's right to rescind.

I'd like to update that sticky post with current information so if anyone has that I'd appreciate it.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Hi,

Hope this helps

Profeco - (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor)

How to File a Complaint from Outside Mexico for goods and services acquired in Mexico that you are not satisfied with.

Profeco, Mexico's consumer protection agency, wants to help people who do not live in Mexico full time. They extend protection to people who do not live in Mexico and acquire any product or service from a Mexican supplier and are not satisfied with the good or service.

If you have acquired any product or service from a Mexican person and are not satisifed, you may file a complaint from outside of Mexico. This is a totally free service and does not require the presence of the consumer in the procedure.

The complaint can be submitted in any Profeco office, Embassy, Consulate or any other official office.

The Profeco address is:
Profeco - (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor)
Av. José Vasconcelos No. 208, 6º Piso, Col. Condesa, C.P. 06140, México D. F.

You must submit the following information:

- A brief letter (1 page maximum, preferably, typed) stating the following:
Supplier's name, address, phone, e-mail or other contact information, description of the facts that explain the reason for your complaint, date of purchase, cost of the product or service, amount you are claiming, your name and signature.
- Copy of your ID (Passport or Driver´s License)
- Copy of your contract or payment invoice
- Copy of your bills, credit card slips or receipts as evidence of your payments
- Copy of all the documents available to support the complaint.

For further information you can contact Profeco at the following numbers:
office is 011-52-55-52111723, fax is 011525552112052, or E-mail: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

Attachments

• 00FE3008-93C4-47E2-8628-B4617010D62F.jpeg
    00FE3008-93C4-47E2-8628-B4617010D62F.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thanks for your reply. I know on the old English website section it did spell out that one has five business days in which to rescind a Mexican timeshare purchase, and it did state that any money given has to be refunded. I think it also gave instructions on how to reply to the timeshare company. I assume that part of their consumer protection law is still in effect but it would be great to have in writing again.

I've emailed the agency at the email address given above about their new website and I'll post whatever their reply is.