• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vida RM Water Park

huenix

TUG Member
Reaction score

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
This sounds like what I was told about a few months ago. There is one water park that vidanta is developing that is more or less independent from the RM resort. If guests want to go, they have to leave the resort and come in with the public. Not that that’s bad, it’s just not included.
They also say they will have their own lazy river that’s back by the GL Jungle Lofts, or whatever they are calling them this year. That one is included in the resort.
This looks more like the open to the public one, but I could be wrong.
Jeff

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Mo - this is the water park complex that is adjacent to the Jungle Luxxe units and includes the lazy river. It IS part of the resort and also open to the public according to the press release. We do not yet know pricing or how it will actually work for members and guests. The other water park complex is to be across the highway behind the Cirque theater. However, no construction has started and this is probably many years away. At one point, this was to be a massive project and similar to Xel Ha.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Ok, glad this is the one that’s part of the resort. They must really be making a lot of progress with it.
Figures, since I just changed our reservation for next Jan to NV from RM because I wanted the grandkids to have a water park. Oh well, the one at NV looks great too. And we will always be able to go back. (To RM)
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Not sure what water park you are referring to in NV. They have a wave pool, water slide, and lazy river in NV (for many years now). They are building the new Parks, but that wont be open in January.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Not sure what water park you are referring to in NV. They have a wave pool, water slide, and lazy river in NV (for many years now). They are building the new Parks, but that wont be open in January.

That’s all I was referring to. They didn’t have any of those water features in RM. Until now I guess.

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found some new-ish information about Jungala. To be honest, it was on the site aimfair, but since it was free to look at, I think it would be okay to copy and post it here. If it violates any rules, please remove and accept my apologies.

It won't officially open until June 22, but it is definitely more than just a lazy river. Interesting that it will be open to the public as well as resort guests. Not sure of any costs for people staying on property. I would think that some kind of discount would be offered for owners/guest, then the price of someone just coming to the park, but you never know.

Welcome to Jungala: Grupo Vidanta’s First Luxury Waterpark Set to Open in Riviera Maya This Summer

May 6, 2019

Los Angeles, CA — May 6, 2019 — Grupo Vidanta, Mexico and Latin America’s premier tourism developer and leader in the country in the entertainment space, keeps its commitment to progressing the growth of tourism in Mexico and evolving the Vidanta brand through spectacular and innovative concepts. Grupo Vidanta has amazed the industry by forging partnerships with some of the world’s most renowned brands such as Cirque du Soleil to create JOYA at Vidanta Riviera Maya, the first permanent resident show outside of the United States, in addition to a partnership with Hakkasan Group, offering in Vidanta Los Cabos both day and nightlife premium services to guests. Now, Grupo Vidanta takes one more step and will offer yet another immersive and exclusive entertainment experience for guests that like to have glamorous adventures with the opening of its luxury, boutique waterpark, Jungala.

Visitors will experience the mysticism of nature through a voyage to the jungle as they explore the park among walls of rock and sky-high tree formations, water sprouting from natural pergolas and lost ruins, and sightings of native animals and birds as they wander through caves, waterfalls, and over bridges.

Throughout the park, guests can recharge in a deluxe VIP Cabana with personalized service, champagne, fruit platter, light bites, dessert platter, in-cabana spa treatments, multiple floors and rooms with exclusive amenities and more – unlike any other park offering in Riviera Maya. Cabanas are available for full-day rentals with up to four guests and provide the same incredible Vidanta service seen across its award-winning resorts.

Thrill-seekers will enjoy state-of-the-art rides such as the Aqua Drop, Aqua Loop, Flatline Loop, and Whizzard, while families may opt for the family slides or areas for the little ones including the Kids Waterslide Complex and Aqua Play Rain Fortress, the largest interactive play structure in the world. Drift away in the park’s lazy river, the longest one in Latin America with a length of over 1KM, or catch a wave in the main Wave Pool, one of the few wave pools in the world to have natural beach sand. All park structures are held to the highest safety regulations and offer the most sophisticated designs available.

“It has always been our goal to offer the most extraordinary vacation experiences for guests, and the opening of the Jungala Luxury Waterpark at Vidanta Riviera Maya will further enhance that by providing another entertainment outlet with deluxe touches," said Iván Chávez, Executive Vice President, Grupo Vidanta. “In order to preserve the high quality of the experience, Jungala will have a set daily capacity of guests to minimize lines and maximize fun. The boutique park will offer bespoke services throughout, and visitors can expect the same excellent quality that has distinguished Vidanta for 45 years.”

On-site bar and dining options will include On the Waves Snack Hall, Mojito Bendito Bar, Sand-gria Bar, and the Cocoyol Pool Bar. Jungala will also feature stylish boutiques and stores with a wide range of clothing, crafts, and souvenirs at the Bana Cabana Shop and the Bohanna Market.

Set to open June 22, 2019 at Vidanta Riviera Maya, Jungala will be open to Vidanta resort guests as well as the public seven days a week from 10 am to 5 pm. VIP admissions, private cabana rentals, and group offerings or buyouts are also available.

For more information, visit jungala.com.

Attachments

• dl6471.jpg
    dl6471.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 50
  • dl6500.jpg
    dl6500.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 48

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
I found some new-ish information about Jungala. To be honest, it was on the site aimfair, but since it was free to look at, I think it would be okay to copy and post it here. If it violates any rules, please remove and accept my apologies.

It won't officially open until June 22, but it is definitely more than just a lazy river. Interesting that it will be open to the public as well as resort guests. Not sure of any costs for people staying on property. I would think that some kind of discount would be offered for owners/guest, then the price of someone just coming to the park, but you never know.

Welcome to Jungala: Grupo Vidanta’s First Luxury Waterpark Set to Open in Riviera Maya This Summer

May 6, 2019

Los Angeles, CA — May 6, 2019 — Grupo Vidanta, Mexico and Latin America’s premier tourism developer and leader in the country in the entertainment space, keeps its commitment to progressing the growth of tourism in Mexico and evolving the Vidanta brand through spectacular and innovative concepts. Grupo Vidanta has amazed the industry by forging partnerships with some of the world’s most renowned brands such as Cirque du Soleil to create JOYA at Vidanta Riviera Maya, the first permanent resident show outside of the United States, in addition to a partnership with Hakkasan Group, offering in Vidanta Los Cabos both day and nightlife premium services to guests. Now, Grupo Vidanta takes one more step and will offer yet another immersive and exclusive entertainment experience for guests that like to have glamorous adventures with the opening of its luxury, boutique waterpark, Jungala.

Visitors will experience the mysticism of nature through a voyage to the jungle as they explore the park among walls of rock and sky-high tree formations, water sprouting from natural pergolas and lost ruins, and sightings of native animals and birds as they wander through caves, waterfalls, and over bridges.

Throughout the park, guests can recharge in a deluxe VIP Cabana with personalized service, champagne, fruit platter, light bites, dessert platter, in-cabana spa treatments, multiple floors and rooms with exclusive amenities and more – unlike any other park offering in Riviera Maya. Cabanas are available for full-day rentals with up to four guests and provide the same incredible Vidanta service seen across its award-winning resorts.

Thrill-seekers will enjoy state-of-the-art rides such as the Aqua Drop, Aqua Loop, Flatline Loop, and Whizzard, while families may opt for the family slides or areas for the little ones including the Kids Waterslide Complex and Aqua Play Rain Fortress, the largest interactive play structure in the world. Drift away in the park’s lazy river, the longest one in Latin America with a length of over 1KM, or catch a wave in the main Wave Pool, one of the few wave pools in the world to have natural beach sand. All park structures are held to the highest safety regulations and offer the most sophisticated designs available.

“It has always been our goal to offer the most extraordinary vacation experiences for guests, and the opening of the Jungala Luxury Waterpark at Vidanta Riviera Maya will further enhance that by providing another entertainment outlet with deluxe touches," said Iván Chávez, Executive Vice President, Grupo Vidanta. “In order to preserve the high quality of the experience, Jungala will have a set daily capacity of guests to minimize lines and maximize fun. The boutique park will offer bespoke services throughout, and visitors can expect the same excellent quality that has distinguished Vidanta for 45 years.”

On-site bar and dining options will include On the Waves Snack Hall, Mojito Bendito Bar, Sand-gria Bar, and the Cocoyol Pool Bar. Jungala will also feature stylish boutiques and stores with a wide range of clothing, crafts, and souvenirs at the Bana Cabana Shop and the Bohanna Market.

Set to open June 22, 2019 at Vidanta Riviera Maya, Jungala will be open to Vidanta resort guests as well as the public seven days a week from 10 am to 5 pm. VIP admissions, private cabana rentals, and group offerings or buyouts are also available.

For more information, visit jungala.com.

If true...what a bummer, We're there from the 7th and have to leave the 19th!

Mike

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
You never know, might be able to check it out with a soft opening (we'll be there as well, get there on the 8th). That's what happened with us last year for Salum. Nobody told us about it being open, it just was, but you could definitely tell that they were still working the kinks out and not everything was up and running.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Thank you for sharing. I know Bob Jones prefers that info on his site not be shared elsewhere. There are other open sources for this same info. I have not been able to get further details about pricing. There has been some discussion among owners that those with entertainment packages (originally meant for the theme park) might be able to use these addenda for Jungala. No answer from Vidanta.