• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Presentation Question

skifast

Reaction score
Heading to Maui and just received the usual call about a presentation. Started with telling me about the new (3 weeks old) Gallery, and went on to say that since our Maui week is not enrolled in the points program, they were offering free enrollment. I asked what the current offer was for going to the presentation, and she said 1500 Bonvoy points. I questioned that number a couple times, and she confirmed 1500 Marriott Rewards points. I said “really? - that’s like 12 dollars.” She said she knew that, but the real deal was free enrollment. I politely declined the offer.
Is this really the current program? It seems unbelievable.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Is your Maui week pre-2010? Honestly, there is value to having it enrolled, assuming you can tolerate the additional club dues. That's interesting that they are targeting unenrolled owners.... Thanks for posting this!

Best,

Greg

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the call last week for my upcoming stay starting this Saturday. I told the person I did not know about availability at this time and was not even told what the incentives were for the presentation to get me to book. Will find out when I arrive.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Heading to Maui and just received the usual call about a presentation. Started with telling me about the new (3 weeks old) Gallery, and went on to say that since our Maui week is not enrolled in the points program, they were offering free enrollment. I asked what the current offer was for going to the presentation, and she said 1500 Bonvoy points. I questioned that number a couple times, and she confirmed 1500 Marriott Rewards points. I said “really? - that’s like 12 dollars.” She said she knew that, but the real deal was free enrollment. I politely declined the offer.
Is this really the current program? It seems unbelievable.
The person that told you 1500 MR points must've been new or clueless because there is no way it is only 1500 MR points to sit through a presentation.

skifast

Reaction score
Yes Greg, it is pre-2010. We do see the benefits and have considered enrolling it every year, but have not done so because we love Maui and don’t have a need for the other perks. But situations change and we will review it again.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the offer is free enrollment of your week, the 1500 Reward points are minimal but previously the offer was only free enrollment.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Pretty sure you can enroll for free by watching a webinar video.

taffy19

Reaction score
The person that told you 1500 MR points must've been new or clueless because there is no way it is only 1500 MR points to sit through a presentation.
We were recently in Maui and they offered us even less points at the MOC Resort. We are enrolled so that may be why? We were offered only 250 DC points.

The MOC sales gallery was very quiet while the Hyatt gallery, next door, was very busy.

To the OP,

Try the kiosks in front of the Whaler Village or in Lahaina if they will offer you more but will it be the same presentation or not?

We only own one single week but enrolled right in the beginning. You’ll have additional options that may still be worth it.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
My guess is this is free enrollment of a pre-2010 week if you buy new DC points. I just did the tour in March in Maui. We got 15000 Bonvoy points. I have a pre-2010 week. I've watched the webinar and pushed several times, but they will not allow me to enroll my week without buying about $30k new points.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I have a pre-2010 week. I've watched the webinar and pushed several times, but they will not allow me to enroll my week without buying about $30k new points.
Do you mean POST-2010. You should be able to enroll a pre-2010 week.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Do you mean POST-2010. You should be able to enroll a pre-2010 week.
Yes, anyone can enroll a pre-2010 week, for at most a few grand, and likely free. Must be some misunderstanding aka sales B.S.

taffy19

Reaction score
FWIW, Hyatt was doing a 60 minute visit for Marriott owners, for $150 Visa gift card. Their 2BR OF are pretty nice. ;-)
I didn’t want to take a tour but my husband did this time and the Marriott gallery called us plus left something under our door and we accepted so going next door is better. :thumbup:

The gallery didn’t even give us a choice but my husband didn’t care. He doesn’t read TUG.

You have no idea how many kiosks ask you to take a tour on the beach path. It was crazy. They were tours for the Marriott, Hyatt, Westin and even for other timeshare developers too. One guy worked for one of them and tried to sign us up for DRI where his girlfriend was working. Unbelievable but they have to support their families. None were rude when we said no.

One night we walked over to the Hyatt Regency lobby where I was going to do a stargazing tour alone but but my husband went with me and someone asked us there too to take a tour but we said no right away and kept on walking. I don’t even remember if it was for the Hyatt or Marriott and didn’t see the incentives either.

If anyone wants to go stargazing on the Hyatt Regency roof, you need to book it in the beginning of your stay because they cancel it if the night sky isn’t clear. It happened to me but I had time to try again and enjoyed the tour.

TXTortoise, I replied to your PM from Maui and Molokai but my phone wasn’t working properly as you know already. I did try.