• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Studios with cooktop & dishwasher

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
These Marriott's are on my list to try via exchanging. From what I read, studios are the easiest ones to get. I'm curious which of these locations have studios with a cook top and dishwasher. I think all studios have microwave but that's not enough for a week long stay.

• MOU Mountainside: studio does not have cooktop however you can request it (based on my stay in Mar'19)
  • MSW Summit Watch
  • MML Tahoe
  • MGA Tahoe
  • Any of the locations in Hawaii: MKO, MMO, MAW

Thanks

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
MML-no cooktop, no dishwasher in studio unit.

Plenty of gas grills available near the pool.

There are 2 inexpensive taquerias where I eat that are within a five minute walk. Both are very good to excellent IMHO.

One bedroom and two bedroom units are not impossible to get during ski season at MML.

I have a lot of luck using my Hyatt points at around the 6 to 8 month time period. Last year I exchanged July 3, 2018 for a two bedroom unit in early March 2019 at MML.

If you have a unit with good trading power you should be successful. My Marriott studio DSV2 platinum week does not always see what my Hyatt points can.

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I were at Waikoloa Ocean Club in what is categorized as a one-bedroom suite but if I recall, price-pointed at the level of a studio. It is part of a larger hotel property right along the beach and turned out to be a fabulous place to stay in every respect. If you look at the photos you'll see that there's what is just about a full kitchen including a full-size refrigerator and a dishwasher but only a microwave. At first, I was taken aback by the lack of a stove but in retrospect, I'll bet that it has something to do with building codes for hotel properties from which these units came. If you look at the floor plan and photos you'll be impressed. Plus, it's a short walk to major shopping areas and restaurants, has a beautiful beach, and the pool area is as nice as any we've been to. After 10 or 12 days in a studio in Ko Olina (with a great view), this place seemed like a castle. Huge kitchen table, beautiful bathroom. I'm pretty committed to going back there. Good luck . . .

chrono88

TUG Member
Reaction score
MSW: no cooktop, no dishwasher in studio.

MKO: no cooktop, no dishwasher in studio.

They have small refrigerator and microwave and bar sink.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
Interesting. Looks like it's not common to have cook top in Marriott studios. I checked a few Vistana properties and they have a cook top in studios.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Looks like it's not common to have cook top in Marriott studios. I checked a few Vistana properties and they have a cook top in studios.
I can't think of any Marriott's that do off hand and I can think of 2 resorts where 1 & 2 BR do not in HI.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
No MVCI studio I have visited has a cooktop or dishwasher. Most have small fridge, sink, microwave, coffee maker and basic utensils. If you require cooktop and dishwasher in MVCI, you need to upgrade to a 1BR or larger.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
Thanks Everyone. I will keep Marriott studios low on my list of exchange possibilities.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
The studio deluxe unit (not standard) at Lakeshore Reserve has a 2 burner cook top and dishwasher, however no washer and dryer at Lakeshore but you do get a Washer and dryer at the Westin Maui studios

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The studio deluxe unit (not standard) at Lakeshore Reserve has a 2 burner cook top and dishwasher, however no washer and dryer at Lakeshore but you do get a Washer and dryer at the Westin Maui studios
Another reason to love the Vistana studios. Even the Westin studios tend to have in room laundry.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is there such a thing as a Sheraton studio? I thought all 2BR are made up of 1 Premium (Large) BR and 1 Deluxe (Small) BR?
You technically are correct. Vistana really doesn't call them a studio, except I think at Lagunamar where the studio has in room laundry, a cooktop and dishwasher.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You technically are correct. Vistana really doesn't call them a studio, except I think at Lagunamar where the studio has in room laundry, a cooktop and dishwasher.
Yeah, but that is not a Sheraton. Westin has real studios as in WLR and the Hawaiian resorts.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA