• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Second Molokai Trip of 2019

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I tried out the new camcorder and mic. It was pretty breezy and I think the mic worked well. I have to upload that one so I will post it later today.

I started in the condo and walked down the stairs to show behind our building and then walked around the A building along the ocean. Then I stopped at the cabana and the pool. After that I showed the grounds and went back to the condo. It was probably about 15 minutes.

I’ll post it after it uploads.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I tried out the new camcorder and mic. It was pretty breezy and I think the mic worked well. I have to upload that one so I will post it later today.

I started in the condo and walked down the stairs to show behind our building and then walked around the A building along the ocean. Then I stopped at the cabana and the pool. After that I showed the grounds and went back to the condo. It was probably about 15 minutes.

I’ll post it after it uploads.

Looking forward to it. BTW, the first one you did this time, of the plumeria trees from the lanai, was kind of hard to hear what you said.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Looking forward to it. BTW, the first one you did this time, of the plumeria trees from the lanai, was kind of hard to hear what you said.

Dave

Thanks for the info. I think I made that around 7am so I may have been talking softly. Let me know how this next one is.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, so it ended out being over 18 minutes. Hope it’s not too boring and hopefully the wind isn’t too bad.

I did another video of the Saint Damian church close to WaveCrest. I will up load that one later.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Busy afternoon. We went to Molokai Hats to see our friend Dave. His store was closed and I know he was looking to move but I didn’t know if he picked a location yet. They guy in the store next door asked if we were looking for him and told us where the new location is but he didn’t know if he was open yet.

We stopped by and there are going to be three stores in the building and the owner remodeled the whole thing. It looks really nice. He wasn’t open yet but he saw us and let us in so we stayed and got caught up for about a hour.

He said he has a kitchen there and will do Shave Ice. If you stop in Kaunakakai stop in and check out his store, really nice people.

After that, I paid for the rental car and then we drive to Coffees of Hawaii so I could get my favorite Muleskinner Coffee they have. Then we went to Molokai Burger for lunch. So of course I had the chicken plate. DW has the special which was the Shrimp Burger. While we were there the rental car place was calling me and wanted me to stop back by the office.

4D62C93D-69D3-4B46-8948-59049D812B46.jpeg

We ended out stopping and talking to our property Manager for a bit then headed over to the rental car place again. They told me they forgot to give me a discount so I got a $120 back. That was awesome. So t was $150 a week for the car. These are older cars though but it makes me fit in more.

Then of course we had to get ice cream. It was Monday so you get two scoops for the price of one. Then my wife mentioned her birthday coming up and the girl said you get a free scoop for your birthday, plus it was Monday so she got a two scoop cup for free. She got Lemon and I got the Ube, Sweet Potato. It was really good. Molokai is famous for their purple sweet potatoes. Yes, the paper tube are three pints to take home. :thumbup:

4B905F49-5F6B-4F78-8DE0-A21F48EE77E0.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, one more. :)

Taro Donut from Kanemitsu Bakery.

8560D98F-6EB1-42CE-B13B-7A8F147B621C.jpeg

9F48DA7A-F9E5-4804-B730-6953106821C4.jpeg

Reactions: Xan

taffy19

Reaction score

Here’s a short video of our first morning from the lanai. The plumerias are blooming and the one right by our lanai is great. The scent comes right in the condo with each gentle breeze.

DW was up early as usual getting everything set up the way she wants. We both slept like rocks. Not much on the schedule for today. I’ll probably post a few more videos because I’ll Be trying out my new video camera.
Your view from the Lanai looks beautiful but I cannot see the movie clips. I wonder why?

PS. I cannot see the later ones either.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your view from the Lanai looks beautiful but I cannot see the movie clips. I wonder why?

It does play for me. Dave is correct, it is hard to hear me but I think it was because I was talking too soft because it was early.

On my video on the grounds, I talked louder so it wasn’t too bad but I still have to talk more in my regular voice. There wasn’t much wind noise and it was pretty breezy so the mic worked great for that.

Let me know if the one about the grounds doesn’t work for you.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
What you see in the distance is the island of Kaho'olawe, not the Big Island. The Big Island is a bit farther and has taller volcanos. Kaho'olawe is still part of Maui County. The Molokini crater is next to it.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What you see in the distance is the island of Kaho'olawe, not the Big Island. The Big Island is a bit farther and has taller volcanos. Kaho'olawe is still part of Maui County. The Molokini crater is next to it.

Yes, you are correct! I remembered it wrong from what my realtor told me. Your post triggered my memory. She has lived in the island a long time and used to live at WaveCrest. When she first got to the island she said on clear days you could see the practice bombing on Kaho’olawe. Thank You for the correction!:thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s my wife relaxing on the lanai doing her diamond painting. It made the long trip with no damage. Another beautiful morning.

CF341708-118D-4DFB-BCB7-BAEC3FDE492F.jpeg

D6888178-39C2-40D9-87E2-28CF17557B5B.jpeg

taffy19

Reaction score
It does play for me. Dave is correct, it is hard to hear me but I think it was because I was talking too soft because it was early.

On my video on the grounds, I talked louder so it wasn’t too bad but I still have to talk more in my regular voice. There wasn’t much wind noise and it was pretty breezy so the mic worked great for that.

Let me know if the one about the grounds doesn’t work for you.
I restarted the phone and signed-in on YouTube and was able to see them both. I walked all the grounds and saw your Lanai but didn’t know that it was yours. How nice to have the tree right in front of you and they keep it trimmed. It adds color to all the green. :cool:

What I like is the spacious green area and the oceanfront plus the beautiful mountains or cliffs in the background too plus the island sounds that you can hear too when you are there.

We drove further yet and you really could distinguish the resorts on Ka’anapali Beach.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I restarted the phone and signed-in on YouTube and was able to see them both. I walked all the grounds and saw your Lanai but didn’t know that it was yours. How nice to have the tree right in front of you and they keep it trimmed. It adds color to all the green. :cool:

What I like is the spacious green area and the oceanfront plus the beautiful mountains or cliffs in the background too plus the island sounds that you can hear too when you are there.

We drove further yet and you really could distinguish the resorts on Ka’anapali Beach.

Yep, you described why we loved it so much. I will have to bring binoculars the next time I go further east to see Kaanapali. You still have great eyes!!

Glad you were able to see the videos!

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just laid out for a while by the cabana. I learned long ago that a half hour is all I can take in this sun.

61C0917B-A3A7-4735-A936-9C88CBFFF499.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s a short 4 minute video of Saint Damian’s Church on the Kam V Hwy.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
D3531E64-3E53-488C-BB9A-E7644368603F.jpeg

Even though this isn’t beer, they go down really fast. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Supposed to be 86 and sunny today so I am going to try to catch some early sum before I shower While DW is doing her diamond painting on the lanai. Then probably off to a beach today.

10484927-BD4E-4E19-B89A-B4131C7D9226.jpeg

Got an email from the handiman and our new lanai door and windows are on island. He said he will be able to get them installed next month. :thumbup:

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Got an email from the handicap and our new lanai door and windows are on island. He said he will be able to get them installed next month. :thumbup:

Equal opportunity autocorrect? :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I corrected autocorrect twice and it still posted like that. :doh::)

Autocorrect is not always your friend. :)

On my phone, when it tries to autocorrect something, it pops up their suggested word. There is an X to the right of the word in that pop-up that lets me close the suggestion. Also, just above the keyboard it displays word options. The one on the left is how I typed it. If I know that's how I want the word to appear, I click that word, and it usually leaves it be. Sometimes. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Autocorrect is not always your friend. :)

On my phone, when it tries to autocorrect something, it pops up their suggested word. There is an X to the right of the word in that pop-up that lets me close the suggestion. Also, just above the keyboard it displays word options. The one on the left is how I typed it. If I know that's how I want the word to appear, I click that word, and it usually leaves it be. Sometimes. :)

Dave

I have an IPhone and I don’t see the suggestion with the X but it does give three suggestions above the keyboard. It seems like I have to hit those just right before they take. Sometimes I hit the suggestion so many times, I could have just typed the word out. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have an IPhone and I don’t see the suggestion with the X but it does give three suggestions above the keyboard. It seems like I have to hit those just right before they take. Sometimes I hit the suggestion so many times, I could have just typed the word out. :)

Actually, I just tried it. And on my iPhone it only puts up the suggested word. I'm thinking of autocorrect on my Mac computer for the "X". This picture shows the two things I'm talking about. In the first example, you can click on the suggested word, and it'll plug it in where you're typing. The second example is the "X" option on the computer, where if you click the X it'll stop trying to replace your word, and take whatever you're typing.

Dave

Suggested word.jpg

Mac suggested word X.png

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually, I just tried it. And on my iPhone it only puts up the suggested word. I'm thinking of autocorrect on my Mac computer for the "X". This picture shows the two things I'm talking about. In the first example, you can click on the suggested word, and it'll plug it in where you're typing. The second example is the "X" option on the computer, where if you click the X it'll stop trying to replace your word, and take whatever you're typing.

Dave

View attachment 11691

View attachment 11690

Yep, I don’t have the second one so that makes sense. Sometimes it’s great, sometimes it sucks. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Long day, just got back home. DW is tired. She walked quite a way at Papohaku Beach. Walking is hard enough for her but she went quite far even in The sand.

54450608-7E8C-4B56-926B-24D108FC29F1.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Then we hit a couple other beaches down the road. They were pretty rocky,
Pakaa and Poolau.

A02772AA-1699-4E5D-8CD2-EA560D06166D.jpeg

EFDA9FDF-3FD8-4F5D-B9D5-FCCE6AEBBA34.jpeg