• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Chicago open for booking

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Just saw that HGVC Chicago is now open for booking as of today for reservations starting June 11th, but only for Elite Premier members (sorry, I know my thread title was click-bait ;)). If they follow the same pattern as other resorts, it should be open to all members in a few weeks. Looking forward to a new city location with the normal 9-month booking windows instead of 59 days!

Kurt

Last edited:

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Have you seen a point chart for Chicago?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
BTW...I was told by HGVC that the reason that Chicago is not a By Hilton Club is that the Hotel ADR's in Chicago are not high enough year-round (only high during a few months of the year) to support a 50:1 conversion ratio to Hilton Honors. That seems to be a driving factor as to which cities will get future bHC properties.

I also heard that San Francisco is still being considered as well as Rome for bHC. All rumors at this point so YMMV.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you seen a point chart for Chicago?
A PDF of the point chart was posted in an earlier thread here. The points are higher than the standard point chart by about a third, and they only have Plus and Premier units.

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BTW...I was told by HGVC that the reason that Chicago is not a By Hilton Club is that the Hotel ADR's in Chicago are not high enough year-round (only high during 2 months of the year) to support a 50:1 conversion ratio to Hilton Honors.
And yet they have 29 weeks as Platinum season at the Chicago location. o_O LOL.

Kurt

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
It's available for non-HGV booking on Hilton Honors also. King bed for like $117 in December. We may try it through HH just because...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
A PDF of the point chart was posted in an earlier thread here. The points are higher than the standard point chart by about a third, and they only have Plus and Premier units.

Kurt

Thank you, I missed that posting

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
It's available for non-HGV booking on Hilton Honors also. King bed for like $117 in December. We may try it through HH just because...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Always interesting that they do that. You can book it on line at HH (and else where) but can't book it through HGVC with the exception of Elite Members. When I was at bHC in NYC at Easter I would estimate that half the bookings were non owners. Just a guess but probably not far off.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always interesting that they do that. You can book it on line at HH (and else where) but can't book it through HGVC with the exception of Elite Members.

Not understanding this. Why would you not be able to book this hotel using HH points? This is an existing DoubleTree Hotel. Only six of the 26 floors were converted to HGVC.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not understanding this. Why would you not be able to book this hotel using HH points? This is an existing DoubleTree Hotel. Only six of the 26 floors were converted to HGVC.
I think they were saying the HGVC Chicago is available for booking via Hilton.com, in addition to the DoubleTree. Just checked -- sure enough, both show up on the Hilton website as separate hotels (and different rates).

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Always interesting that they do that. You can book it on line at HH (and else where) but can't book it through HGVC with the exception of Elite Members. When I was at bHC in NYC at Easter I would estimate that half the bookings were non owners. Just a guess but probably not far off.
Right now, probably 99% of the inventory in Chicago is owned by HGV, so if they want to give that inventory to Hilton to rent out, I don't see why they can't do that. For more established properties, remember that every time an owner converts their HGV points to Honors, HGV gives Hilton the equivalent amount of inventory. Between the weeks that HGV still owns and the points converted to Honors, I'm sure that represents a good portion of the occupancy at any given time.

Kurt

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they were saying the HGVC Chicago is available for booking via Hilton.com, in addition to the DoubleTree. Just checked -- sure enough, both show up on the Hilton website as separate hotels (and different rates).

Kurt

Ahhh. Thank you for that. I know I was excited to have a different option than the Wyndham, and I plan to try it a least once. It just seems to be a long walk (Probably Uber needed) from the "L". That's what I really like about the Wyndham, only 2 blocks to roll my luggage.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Just saw that HGVC Chicago is now open for booking as of today for reservations starting June 11th, but only for Elite Premier members (sorry, I know my thread title was click-bait ;)). If they follow the same pattern as other resorts, it should be open to all members in a few weeks. Looking forward to a new city location with the normal 9-month booking windows instead of 59 days!

Kurt

Looks like HGVC Chicago is now open to everyone. I'm not elite and I'm able to book reservations beginning in November. Earlier dates show 2 nights and we need 3 nights to book.

4Sunsets

Reaction score

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I'm actually excited about this one. It's fairly close to home and Chicago is a great place to visit. Now only if HGVC would look at one of my favorite vacation destinations in Michigan, Traverse City, I would be ecstatic! Think about it, great summer vacationing, pretty good skiing, great fall colors and great wine/tasting.

It’s not going to happen, but would love it if it did.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have a reservation in a 1BR for Labor Day weekend. Looking forward to check out this new property!:banana:

Kurt

4Sunsets

Reaction score
I'm actually excited about this one. It's fairly close to home and Chicago is a great place to visit. Now only if HGVC would look at one of my favorite vacation destinations in Michigan, Traverse City, I would be ecstatic! Think about it, great summer vacationing, pretty good skiing, great fall colors and great wine/tasting.

It’s not going to happen, but would love it if it did.

They have hotels in Michigan :D:p:D