• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange Marriott Phuket Club with Ko Olina or MOC

pekckian1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have being using our week at Marriott Phuket Beach Club for some times when we were living in SE Asia. Now that we have moved to Shanghai, I am thinking of exchanging a week of MPB to either MKO or MOC. It will be our first exchange with II. I am looking for week 50-52, 2020. I wonder what are changes of getting a 1 bedroom exchange in MKO/MOC with a week of MPB (2 bedroom). We do not mind to consider Westin Kaanapali Ocean too.

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will have preference for the Marriott resorts, ans a reduced trade fee.

Week 50 will be relatively easy at Ko Olina - you may be able to get a 2br.
Maui is another matter. You might get a 1br week 50.
Weeks 51-52 will be much more difficult/impossible.

Set up all of the resort codes in an ongoing search for MKO, MK1, MMO, MM1 for all three weeks.

Last edited:

pekckian1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great. Glad to learn that there are possibilities to get an exchange with both MKO and MOC. Does that mean I also need to make reservation of MPB for week 50-52 into II to have a high trading power?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should reserve the highest demand week within your season, and deposit early, if possible. The higher demand your deposit is, the better chance you will have.

Do not deposit within 59 days of check-in date, or your deposit is penalized and restricted to flexchange only (can only trade to another resort within 59 days of check-in date.)