• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling some of our Vistana ownership -- what's the best way?

blahblah18

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're looking at selling a couple of weeks that we currently own.

Any recommendations on the best way to do it? Both will be relatively high demand, so I'm not concerned about them being 'sellable'. My concern is more keeping it straightforward and simple -- and, as a seller, not getting scammed.

Should I go through a broker? If yes, does it make any difference if they're 'local' (i.e. the home resorts for the units)?

Any experience with RedWeek's "full service" option? (Does that essentially act as a broker?)

Or, if we do it ourselves, do we cover ourselves by dictating the closing company that manages the transaction?

[Specifics deleted to avoid the appearance of advertising.]

Any recommendations ... hire a broker, vs Redweek full service, vs try to do it ourselves?

Last edited by a moderator:

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
List it here on the tug marketplace first and pick you preferred closing company. I might be interested in them as well as some other tug members

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Redweek Full Service gets bad reviews on TUG for being slow to respond and not well-informed about the product, but they are great for DIY Sales.

A broker is going to charge you a significant fee, often a minimum of $1,000, which is some cases may exceed the value of the timeshare (Vistana/Bella.)

If it were me, I'd try selling them myself first, and use a reputable title company who will handle the paperwork, guide you through the process, and spot any irregularities.

I would advertise on Redweek.com and the TUG Marketplace.

This is who I use for title transfers - they are Tuggers, they get high marks on TUG, and they are efficient and inexpensive - usually less than $200.

L.T. Transfers
www.lttransfers.com
readylegal@gmail.com

Last edited:

blahblah18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! Great input, as usual.

Will try doing it ourselves ... starting with TUG Marketplace.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I have purchased and sold via RedWeek Ful Service. If you are in no rush, sell yourself and use LT Transfers as suggested. In a rush, RedWeek full Service was no hassle engine that handles the marketing.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you know what you are selling and can write a detailed ad, go with the TUG Marketplace. I have used it for several resales. However, if you are selling Ka'anapali then I would suggest going with a broker.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
Redweek Full Service gets bad reviews on TUG for being slow to respond and not well-informed about the product, but they are great for DIY Sales.

A broker is going to charge you a significant fee, often a minimum of $1,000, which is some cases may exceed the value of the timeshare (Vistana/Bella.)

If it were me, I'd try selling them myself first, and use a reputable title company who will handle the paperwork, guide you through the process, and spot any irregularities.

I would advertise on Redweek.com and the TUG Marketplace.

This is who I use for title transfers - they are Tuggers, they get high marks on TUG, and they are efficient and inexpensive - usually less than $200.

L.T. Transfers
www.lttransfers.com
readylegal@gmail.com

Don’t you need to use a Hawaiian escrow company for a Hawaiian TS though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blahblah18

TUG Member
Reaction score
But we're not selling in Hawaii?

We're selling Kierland in AZ and SVV-Bella in FL.

We're trying the 'by owner' route, thanks to the advice here. Thanks all!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They key is knowing where to price them, if they are priced too high or unrealistic, they won't sell. A broker can help with setting a realistic price. If they are both low seasons, then you may have to sell them very cheap.