• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thoughts on RE/MAX Properties SW and Timeshare Broker Sales?

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Has anyone worked with these reseller agents?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
If by RE/MAX you mean Judi Kozlowski, then yes.
For timesharebrokersales.com (Diane Nadeau), then yes.

Mine were purchases only.

I prefer the latter vs. the former, although if there's an item listed on one and you think it's a good idea, go for it.
If you want more details, you can Start a Conversation with me (ie: Private Message)

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Be aware, Re/Max just tried to scam us out of a deposit. When we tried to cancel a purchase within the 10 day cancellation window, they stalled and asked us to confirm we really wanted to do this then didn't get back to us for 5 days. When they got back to us, they said we would forfeit our $500 deposit if we cancelled now because we were past the 10 day window.

We were at the estoppel phase. We hadn't done anything past this and HGVC had not answered back with anything yet on the offer.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be aware, Re/Max just tried to scam us out of a deposit. When we tried to cancel a purchase within the 10 day cancellation window, they stalled and asked us to confirm we really wanted to do this then didn't get back to us for 5 days. When they got back to us, they said we would forfeit our $500 deposit if we cancelled now because we were past the 10 day window.

We were at the estoppel phase. We hadn't done anything past this and HGVC had not answered back with anything yet on the offer.

I've never heard of a cancellation policy on a resale. I thought cancellations were only applicable by State Law for those who purchase from a developer.

Best of luck in getting your money back.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
It's in the very fine print of the 8-page contract. when we tried to cancel in the 10-day window they sent us emails asking to confirm that we really wanted to then went silent on us for 5 days. On the 5th day, they sent us an email saying if we proceeded we'd lose our $500 deposit.

This was ReMax Properties SW. And like I said, we were only at the start of the process, at the estoppel, where we wait to hear from HGVC.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
It's in the very fine print of the 8-page contract. when we tried to cancel in the 10-day window they sent us emails asking to confirm that we really wanted to then went silent on us for 5 days. On the 5th day, they sent us an email saying if we proceeded we'd lose our $500 deposit.

This was ReMax Properties SW. And like I said, we were only at the start of the process, at the estoppel, where we wait to hear from HGVC.

Did you go through the cancelation? If so, did you get your deposit back? I hope it wasn't done intentionally to keep the purchase happening.

There was a similar 10 day cancelation period on the contract when I purchased through Redweek last summer. It was 10 days from the time we signed. The sellers waited until the 10th after we signed to sign their part.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Thanks @day. ReMax Properties SW said now that they will credit our deposit back. Will look for the post back to our credit card and update here to let everyone know how it went.

We have another offer ongoing through them as well, so hopefully that will go smoothly. Also will let everyone here know how it goes.

Thank goodness for this forum! Everyone watches the posts here!