• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tuggers: any Star Wars fans?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I was before Abrams ruined it.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And on a related note, Peter Mayhew, 7'3" Chewbacca died today. He was loved by millions, as well as the whole Star Wars 'family'. R.I.P.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I was before Lucas ruined it... ;)
I'm going to assume you are a fan of the books - is that correct?
For those of us a certain age, Star Wars made going to the movies memorable given scenes that had never been viewed on the big screen previously. Thinking of the first jump to light speed, and the cantina scene from Star Wars IV.

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
I saw Star Wars before it was officially released -- as a midnight sneak preview at the Uptown theater in Washington DC. We had no clue as to what we were about to see and BOY were we blown away! I went on to see it 23 more times as it ran in the theaters for months following its roll-out. Seeing the original so many times has left an imprint of how it was meant to be seen -- not the way it is portrayed today.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Star Wars - A New Hope was the first movie I ever saw and one of my first memories. Still holds a special place in my heart. My middle son is a fan, but gets all wrapped up in the hatred of the last movies. He is very excited for episode 9.

I am actually geeked for the TV series based off of the Madalorians. Game of Thrones David Beinoff and D. B. Weiss are the producers and they did such a great job creating the world of Westeros. I am looking forward to that series to see what they do with A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far Away.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I didn't see Star Wars until the original trilogy was re-released and we took our daughters. Dh had been a fan since the start. I got hooked as well. Younger dd is a huge fan.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I saw Star Wars before it was officially released -- as a midnight sneak preview at the Uptown theater in Washington DC. We had no clue as to what we were about to see and BOY were we blown away! I went on to see it 23 more times as it ran in the theaters for months following its roll-out. Seeing the original so many times has left an imprint of how it was meant to be seen -- not the way it is portrayed today.
I saw Star Wars at least 23 times when I was young but only once in the theaters as I was 5 at the time. We had HBO and I think it made it there when I was about 7. At that time HBO didn't have a lot of content and got a few movies every month or two and played those movies 3 times a day for those 2 months. I think I watched at least once a day most days and sometimes twice on weekends.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I saw Star Wars before it was officially released -- as a midnight sneak preview at the Uptown theater in Washington DC...

I also saw it at the Uptown Theatre.
I saw a photo of the queue in in the Washington Post and decided to see what all the fuss was about.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you are a fan of the books - is that correct?
For those of us a certain age, Star Wars made going to the movies memorable given scenes that had never been viewed on the big screen previously. Thinking of the first jump to light speed, and the cantina scene from Star Wars IV.

Partly joking. Star Wars (still hate to call it IV ;) ) and ESB were really great. ROTJ was a solid wrap up to the original trilogy (although the teddy bears curb stomp the stormtroopers subplot was very painful).

By the time we got to "You're soft...not like sand..." Yeah, that was too much.

The first Abrams' film was fun, but I agree they aren't Star Wars. Mark Hamill was right when he said it wasn't "his Luke." The second film was pretty bad - hope they salvage it with a decent 3rd movie, but we'll see. I don't hate them but don't care either - I get that they aren't for my generation.

dropngo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC MarBrisa, HGVC on Blvd, HGVC Eagle's Nest, Hyatt High Sierra, Maui Banyan Vacation Club
It was 1977, we were living in San Francisco at the time and decided to see a sci-fi movie, so we walked to Van Ness and Holy Moly the line was at least 3+ blocks long! But it was well worth missing dinner! We were hooked then! And now both of our kids and their kids are huge fans! “No, I am your father.”

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We took our kids to see the triology at the Continental Theater in Denver many years ago. I would say it's been about 35 years? Our son is a huge fan of Star Wars, and it's due to me being a huge fan. We got the kids popcorn and never heard a peep from any of them the entire time. It was a first. :)

We watched Empire Strikes Back on snow days, every single time.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes! I am a fan of Star Wars.
RIP Peter Mayhew. Love you in the Star Wars role of Chewbacca. May The Force Be With You.

dropngo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC MarBrisa, HGVC on Blvd, HGVC Eagle's Nest, Hyatt High Sierra, Maui Banyan Vacation Club
"Peter was larger than life in so many ways … a gentle giant playing a gentle giant. Rest in peace," Disney CEO Bob Iger wrote on Twitter.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Wouldn't you think that Disneyland would have opened its online reservations for SW:GE on 5/4 rather than 5/2? Or perhaps they had a deal to not detract from the Derby??

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
RIP Mr Mayhew, Mr Baker, Ms Fisher, Sir Guinness and Sir Cushing.

This was a film that had some great actors in the twilight of their careers and new comers which redefined the genre.

We saw it 5 times in 70 mm at the time.

QueenDoOver

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another fan. From my childhood and then as a Mom of two boys who went “pew pew pew” for many years! And second son was young enough to participate in Jedi training at Disneyland 3 times and let me tell you; the force was strong in this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I took my girlfriend and her 9 year old sister to the first Star Wars movie. Now they are my wife and sister in law. Yup, I paid and bought the popcorn.

Bill

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the chronological order of the films as opposed to the order in which they were released? I saw the first original three (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, & Return of the Jedi). Since then, many others were released but as prequels and sequels. I got so confused as to which ones after were supposed to take place before, in between, and after the original three, that I gave up watching.

What would be a recommended order in which to watch these if I were to binge watch?

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the chronological order of the films as opposed to the order in which they were released? I saw the first original three (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, & Return of the Jedi). Since then, many others were released but as prequels and sequels. I got so confused as to which ones after were supposed to take place before, in between, and after the original three, that I gave up watching.

What would be a recommended order in which to watch these if I were to binge watch?

The first 3 released were actually episodes 4,5 and 6. The next three were 1.2 and 3.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
May the Force be with you young Jedi.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Our son was discussing the order to watch Star Wars for someone who has not seen the movies:
  1. Rogue One
  2. Episode 4
  3. Episode 5
  4. Episode 1 (fast forward through Jarr Jarr Binks :()
  5. Episode 2 (flashback to Darth Vader / Emperor origins)
  6. Episode 3
  7. Episode 6
  8. Solo (backstory)
  9. Episode 7
  10. Episode 8
  11. Episode 9
This order avoids spoiling the reveal in Episode 5.

We as a family HATE Episode 1 and feel nothing is lost if it is left out YMMV.

You could put Solo between Episode 4 and 5.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The problem is Star Wars has forever been trashed, tarnished, mutilated, spindled, folded, and just flat out ruined by the ignorance, lack of creative effort and greed of JJ Abrams.
Episodes 7, 8 and 9 should be erased from existence.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
We as a family HATE Episode 1 and feel nothing is lost if it is left out YMMV.

I'd vote to watch the lightsaber battle with Darth Maul but there's not much there. (I thought Ewan McGregor was a great young Obi Wan... Natalie Portman was watchable but not given much to do, IIRC.)