• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying bhc points

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Does anyone have experience buying bhc on the resale market?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
W57th and HCNY are old enough to have a pretty solid secondary market. The Residences and The District are possible, but so new many owners might have loans which need to be paid off or want a sizable chunk of their initial cost back. One person famously got a steal of the Residences as it was assumed ROFR was not yet set up to protect the sales of new units. So yes, all possible, price and ROFR hurdles prevent fire sale prices.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have bought bHC points resale at West 57. What kind of questions do you have?

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
I am considering adding to our 2 X 7000 point units and just wondering if bhc would open up more doors to us, but it sounds like the advantages for early booking only apply to the resort you buy bhc at and do not transfer to other bhc to give the same 9 month early booking window. Is that correct?

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
You are basically accurate. A BHC owner gets a two week advantage over non BHC owners at other BHC properties.

Best reason to buy BHC is because you want to go to that resort regularly.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are basically accurate. A BHC owner gets a two week advantage over non BHC owners at other BHC properties.

Best reason to buy BHC is because you want to go to that resort regularly.

Yup. Buy bHC if you primarily want to use those points where you bought. We own W. 57th (resale) and use them exclusively at W. 57th. May try one of the others at some point, but that would be quite occasional.

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also only bought W57 points to use at that hotel only. Points are too expensive to use anywhere else.

IF HGVC decided that bHC owners got reciprocal access to lounges then we might consider using our points at one of the other locations in NYC. All bHC locations have lounges so I don't see why this couldn't happen.

For now none of the NYC locations have anything for me, for it to be worthwhile using my bHC points. I do however see why other owners in NYC would like to book West57. We cheaper rooms and specially the very cheap 1br - none of the others have that.

So I'd recommend only buying points to use at the specific bHC location and nowhere else.