• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vistana slow in transfer?

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
ok, so for HRA, I finally got the stamped deed...the agent said she will now send that over to Vistana...does that mean I got another 6-8 weeks for them to process before it shows up in my account?
thanks.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok, so for HRA, I finally got the stamped deed...the agent said she will now send that over to Vistana...does that mean I got another 6-8 weeks for them to process before it shows up in my account?
thanks.
Unfortunately, yes.

I just spoke to Title Changes, and they said it is taking six weeks to do a transfer.

I have a week I've sold, and the arrangement was the buyer would pay the 2019 fees. There was a mistake recording the deed, so that delayed things. And now, it'll be another six weeks to do the transfer on Vistana's books. I'm wondering if I should pay the dues, since they are already late. But, I'd have no recourse if the buyer never paid me back.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
I am on the opposite side...I am afraid if I paid the fees, and some how the transfer won't show up!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes.

I just spoke to Title Changes, and they said it is taking six weeks to do a transfer.

I have a week I've sold, and the arrangement was the buyer would pay the 2019 fees. There was a mistake recording the deed, so that delayed things. And now, it'll be another six weeks to do the transfer on Vistana's books. I'm wondering if I should pay the dues, since they are already late. But, I'd have no recourse if the buyer never paid me back.
Cannot the buyer call Vistana and with the contract number, pay the MF? Once Vistana receives the deed it is recorded in the system (even if not transferred yet) so the new owner might be able to settle the invoice.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
Ok, so I got an email today saying the HRA transfer is complete...but it's not in my dashboard...looks like they put my middle name in there for whatever reason...
it was NOT on the deed nor any of the transfer docs...not even sure how they got it...I hope I won't have an issue transferring it back to my preferred name.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Ok, so I got an email today saying the HRA transfer is complete...but it's not in my dashboard...looks like they put my middle name in there for whatever reason...
it was NOT on the deed nor any of the transfer docs...not even sure how they got it...I hope I won't have an issue transferring it back to my preferred name.
Perhaps when they made the update, they didn't remove the middle name of the prior owner? Title Department should be able to fix it pretty easily.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
Ok, long story short, was on the phone 110 minutes with 5 Different ppl today trying to get this sorted out...end result, got everything to show up on my dashboard and HRA trip booked...

Started this in September of last year...so it took about 6 months..

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ok, long story short, was on the phone 110 minutes with 5 Different ppl today trying to get this sorted out...end result, got everything to show up on my dashboard and HRA trip booked...

Started this in September of last year...so it took about 6 months..

Congratulations on getting it into your account and then making your reservation at HRA. The wait will be well worth it in the long run.

I am hoping ours will be in our account by next Friday (6 weeks after they received our paper work), but we will see.

Best regards.

Mike

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Update- after 11 weeks our new unit at WKV is finally in our account. I spoke with a rep in the deed transfer group and I asked if the slow process was due to a shortage of staff or just being very busy. He said “both.” He did acknowledge that they had been running in the 6-8 week window.

We are just glad the process is done and we can move forward. Good luck to others going through the process.

Best regards.

Mike

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
We've just closed on a 2BR OF EOY unit at WKORV-N and it is showing on the Hawaii BOC website that the deed is now recorded in our name (three business days after we sent the notarized deed to the closing company - amazing service!). 2019 usage was thrown in as part of the deal but based on this thread it sounds like we will be down to the wire to see if this is in our Vistana account to let us bank the SO's. The price was right and I would have purchased anyways without the 2019 usage - but I'd prefer not to have to dump into II.

If I want to accelerate the recognition and transfer by Vistana by sending them a copy of the deed and transfer fee, does anyone know if can I use the "online" version of the deed that you can purchase instantly or do I need the "certified" copy which takes 10 days to deliver by mail?

I know the closing company will be sending this in as well, but I'd like every edge I can get on this. As an aside, I must say I have been really impressed by the closing company (Timeshare Escrow and Title, LLC) based in Orlando. Dave has been amazingly responsive (I believe he is a Tugger as well).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We've just closed on a 2BR OF EOY unit at WKORV-N and it is showing on the Hawaii BOC website that the deed is now recorded in our name (three business days after we sent the notarized deed to the closing company - amazing service!). 2019 usage was thrown in as part of the deal but based on this thread it sounds like we will be down to the wire to see if this is in our Vistana account to let us bank the SO's. The price was right and I would have purchased anyways without the 2019 usage - but I'd prefer not to have to dump into II.

If I want to accelerate the recognition and transfer by Vistana by sending them a copy of the deed and transfer fee, does anyone know if can I use the "online" version of the deed that you can purchase instantly or do I need the "certified" copy which takes 10 days to deliver by mail?

I know the closing company will be sending this in as well, but I'd like every edge I can get on this. As an aside, I must say I have been really impressed by the closing company (Timeshare Escrow and Title, LLC) based in Orlando. Dave has been amazingly responsive (I believe he is a Tugger as well).
You can use the uncertified copy that you can print online. In fact, you can even send the new deed via email to do the transfer and follow it with the transfer fee via mail.

Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
You can use the uncertified copy that you can print online. In face, you can even send the new deed via email to do the transfer and follow it with the transfer fee via mail.

Thanks - I think I'll try this! If nothing else for my peace of mind.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I have three SVV weeks that are now in the transfer process in slightly different stages based on submission date. Will update here when I hear anything.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I just closed escrow and was told transfers are taking 6-8 weeks.

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was also given the same answer 6-8 weeks. Recently I had one HGVC closed and only took less than 5 business days for the transfer to be completed. Isn't it just changing the owner's name in the system? What is the hold up??? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
My last one two years ago took 30 days. I just hope I do not get shut out securing my January reservations at Laguna Mar.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Attrition due to the sale as well as the department never being fully staffed. I don’t expect any real changes(company integration) for another yr or 2 that will positively affect customer experience.