• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Olympic Village Inn (OVI) weeks

Falcon01

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Olympic Village Inn (OVI) CA
I would like to get rid of my two weeks of OVI; one Winter and one Summer week. Which is best way?

Thanks

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
You could become a member here and list it on the marketplace. OVI also has a posting on their site of timeshares that are available for sale. If you list there, people looking at it can contact you for purchase.

https://www.olympicvillageinn.org/editor_upload/File/For Sale by Owner/OVI_FSBO.pdf

You can DM too if interested.

Squaw has the longest season and is considered to have best terrain of all Tahoe ski areas. I would like to stay here but it seems like there must be something wrong with this place. So many people trying to give away winter weeks.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Squaw has the longest season and is considered to have best terrain of all Tahoe ski areas. I would like to stay here but it seems like there must be something wrong with this place. So many people trying to give away winter weeks.

Rent before you buy is a good policy. That way you know what you are getting into. Prices aren't going up in the interim.

btw--I have stayed at OVI twice, but back in 2012 and 2013 (I seldom ski Squaw any more). My generally favorable review is posted in the Resort Reviews section.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
Rent before you buy is a good policy. That way you know what you are getting into. Prices aren't going up in the interim.

btw--I have stayed at OVI twice, but back in 2012 and 2013 (I seldom ski Squaw any more). My generally favorable review is posted in the Resort Reviews section.

Reviews and photos look good. But owners want out. And lots of units being given away for free. There is something I don't understand.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
One possible explanation: older resorts have older owners. This one opened in 1981, so even owners in their 30s then are in or getting near to their 70s now, and may not be traveling as much. They've gotten plenty of value out of owning over the years, and don't want to keep them/their kids don't want them. That doesn't mean there is no risk---older resorts that are highly seasonal run the risk of off-season owners abandoning negative-value weeks---but it also doesn't necessarily mean the resort is in trouble. If rental activity is still good there (and it looks like it might be) the management company can use that revenue to offset non-performing weeks.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I haven't been there but it doesn't seem to have many amenities and almost looks more like a hotel than a resort. Not so appealing for a family trip.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Reviews and photos look good. But owners want out. And lots of units being given away for free. There is something I don't understand.

This is true of MOST timeshares, except for the top resorts during high season, like Disney, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott and Westin.

Are the units remodeled Olympic Dorms from the 1960 Winter Olympics, or is that a different property?

ontilt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Valdoro x2
Worldmark
It's the same property. All the units have been supposedly updated over the last four years, I emailed the management. It seems that there are folks who definitely enjoy it there and state that it is very family friendly. I think it really comes down to how much "charm" you want vs. a more "upscale" resort where charm can mean a lot of different things to people.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Maybe the folks were wrong to fight Wyndham so hard if so,many members want out.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It is a problem every timeshare faces, how to replace exiting owners. Generally speaking the only systems that are effectively managing the problem are the systems with an active sales presence.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reference here: beginning where the thread was hijacked at post #19.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-california-important-info-for-owners.254267/
Moderator made decision to modify title by adding the "(important info for owners)".
Instead, the thread should have been split with the posts regarding OVI Owners opposition to Wyndham moved to their own thread. These posts had nothing to do with WorldMark.

Last edited: