• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC question for a EOY....hoa fees every year or every other year?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Which unit type did you buy in Gold Season and for how much?
Two bedroom (5,000 points) , two bedroom plus (5800 points) or two bedroom premier (7,000)?

SMTN has 34 listings - https://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/timeshare/Ocean+Oak+Resort+by+Hilton+Grand+Vacations+Club/resort/buy-timeshare/

However SMTN has a bad reputation so I suggest waiting until weeks become available through other brokers if you really want Hilton Head as your home resort.

Here are some TUG threads regarding sellmytimesharenow.com (aka SMTN)

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton head Ocean oak hgvc
I have the 2 bedroom premiere Gold 5800 points.

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Which unit type did you buy in Gold Season and for how much?
Two bedroom (5,000 points) , two bedroom plus (5800 points) or two bedroom premier (7,000)?

SMTN has 34 listings - https://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/timeshare/Ocean+Oak+Resort+by+Hilton+Grand+Vacations+Club/resort/buy-timeshare/

However SMTN has a bad reputation so I suggest waiting until weeks become available through other brokers if you really want Hilton Head as your home resort.

Here are some TUG threads regarding sellmytimesharenow.com (aka SMTN)
correction PLUS not premier

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
26,000 for EOY

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is Ocean Oak in your season your main focus? If it’s not, than I would recind today (your last day you can). Because Ocean Oak is so new, there aren’t that many on the market yet. I’m not sure how hard it is to get summer reservations at Ocean Oak, but unless you have a platinum season unit, you won’t have the home season booking advantage. Owning at a resort doesn’t give any advantages unless your are booking your season.

Here’s the thing, that package you bought from HGVC will always be there at that price (or probably better). You have today to get your recession letter in the mail and save thousands of dollars. HGVC is a great system that treats their members very well. With the exception of elite status, resale owners have the same rights and booking windows as everybody else.

Whatever you choose, HGVC is a great system. Don’t be a stranger to the HGVC forum. Learn to use the system and enjoy. Oh yeah, welcome to TUG!
Yes Ocean Oak in our season is our main focus.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for sharing the developer price. Two bedroom Plus EOY for $26k

SMTN has two bedroom premier annual for $15k (asking price)
It’s higher than resale prices at older HGVC resorts since it’s newer. You should read the previous TUG threads about SMTN if you go down this path. You’ll have to add closing cost and maintenance fee but it’s way less than $26K.

If you’re flexible to travel anytime in April or May (non-holiday dates), I don’t think you’ll have a problem booking using points from a cheaper HGVC resort as long as you book as soon as the reservation window opens :cool:.

053DB412-60A8-4F64-BB2D-CB21AF1A5E5A.png

4731D109-DFCA-401C-A8D6-CA22038754AF.png

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So upset because we’ve missed the date to rescind I’m going to try to send a cancel letter tomorrow certified but it should’ve been out on Friday ‍♀️♀️