• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC question for a EOY....hoa fees every year or every other year?

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton head Ocean oak hgvc
I am new I hope I am posting where I should be posting. I am trying to understand the HOA fees for our EOY purchase. I believe there is an annual maintenance fee we have to pay but the HOA is that every other year? I can not find any paper work on this in our files. TIA.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The maintenance fee IS the hoa fee. Only on use years. The membership fee is annual and less than $200.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome! Friendly suggestion: when you have Hilton specific questions, you will get the most accurate response from the Hilton forum. (MOVED)

Last edited:

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGV Club Dues ($176 domestic or $209 int'l membership in 2019) you pay annually even in your non-use year.

Your Maintenance Fees for Ocean Oak are only due on your use year.

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welcome! Friendly suggestion: when you have Hilton specific questions, you will get the most accurate response from the Hilton forum.
Where do I find the Hilton forum? I just found this last night so having a bit of a time finding my way around.

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Club Dues ($176 domestic or $209 int'l membership in 2019) you pay annually even in your non-use year.

Thank you.
It is called Maintenance fee not HOA?

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The maintenance fee IS the hoa fee. Only on use years. The membership fee is annual and less than $200.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. Appreciate it.

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We have bonus points to use for signing up will we pay Maintenance fees if we use the bonus points on our off Year?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
We have bonus points to use for signing up will we pay Maintenance fees if we use the bonus points on our off Year?

No you won't to pay maintenance fees if you use your bonus points in off years. It's the Club Dues gives you the right to use your points in any given year. With your EoY deed, you can bank and borrow points to use in your off years. The bonus points are for you to use as you see fit in the allotted time.

As stated above, check out the HGVC forum. I'm assuming your are a new owner with a ton of questions. The collective knowledge over there will help you get the most out of your membership.

One question: How long ago did you purchase?

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No you won't to pay maintenance fees if you use your bonus points in off years. It's the Club Dues gives you the right to use your points in any given year. With your EoY deed, you can bank and borrow points to use in your off years. The bonus points are for you to use as you see fit in the allotted time.

As stated above, check out the HGVC forum. I'm assuming your are a new owner with a ton of questions. The collective knowledge over there will help you get the most out of your membership.

One question: How long ago did you purchase?
on Tuesday

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
on Tuesday

How much did you pay? If you in South Carolina when you bought, you are still within the recession for South Carolina (it’s up tomorrow). You may want to consider recinding, learning about HGVC (and other even other systems) and purchasing resale. With HGVC, you lose very little between resale and developer bought intervals. Not sure your season or room size, but you will save thousands of dollars buying resale. I have an extreme example, but my 2 bedroom platinum at The Flamingo cost me $4500 plus closing and HGVC fees (you paid for those as well). I can use my points anywhere. Example, I booked Ocean 22 in Myrtle Beach for the end of June.

You would lose the bonus points, but they aren’t really worth the amount you would save from buying resale. Check out the TUG marketplace and see what people are selling their units for.

Last edited:

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We jumped in because we will be in hilton head a lot and wanted to make sure we get in. It is a 2 bedroom unit. I believe that is All they have now in the new building. WE paid a lot more than 4500.

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much did you pay? If you in South Carolina when you bought, you are still within the recession for South Carolina (it’s up tomorrow). You may want to consider recinding, leaning about HGVC (and other even other systems) and purchasing resale. With HGVC, you lose very little between resale and developer bought intervals. Not sure your season or room size, but you will save thousands of dollars but resale. I have an extreme example, but my 2 bedroom platinum at The Flamingo cost me $4500 plus closing and HGVC fees (you paid for those as well). I can use my points anywhere. Example, I booked Ocean 22 in Myrtle Beach for the end of June.

You would lose the bonus points, but they aren’t really worth the amount you would save from buying resale. Check out the TUG marketplace and see what people are selling their units for.

I did not see any Ocean Oak Resorts for resale when we looked. Do these often come up?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
We jumped in because we will be in hilton head a lot and wanted to make sure we get in. It is a 2 bedroom unit. I believe that is All they have now in the new building. WE paid a lot more than 4500.

Welcome to the HGVC family.
You'll probably need to own in Hilton Head to get in in the summers.
I own in Orlando and have a tough time getting into Marco Island
although I do usually get something but the options are limited.

Congrats on your purchase.
HGVC is a great club.

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welcome to the HGVC family.
You'll probably need to own in Hilton Head to get in in the summers.
I own in Orlando and have a tough time getting into Marco Island
although I do usually get something but the options are limited.

Congrats on your purchase.
HGVC is a great club.
Thank you. We are thrilled to be a part of it. A lot to learn but we have friends who have done this they've been so helpful. This forum has been a great help. Thank you to all of you for responding and being so welcoming and helpful.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Hopefully you bought the season that you want to go. Sometimes the sales folks skip over that fact.

We normally tell folks to rescind and research. You’ll only have one time to rescind and multiple times to buy direct ;)

Here’s one of several rescind threads on the TUG HGVC forum -
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/rescind-or-not.287154/

Hilton Head is a newer HGVC resort so it may take some time before we see lots of resale availability. Owners first have to get their minds wrap around the fact that they have to sell at a loss. Those that have finance will need to cover the gap between the loan and the current market value. And the market value will continue to decline as more owners compete to get their weeks sold. Summer weeks will definitely be more valuable compared to the other weeks.

Keep in mind... home resort only guarantees that you can book exactly what you own in
- the unit size
- unit type
- Season
- on the designated resort checkin day
Otherwise you’re competing with everyone else at the 9 month mark using points

Here are the unit type and Seasons at Hilton Head which can be found at https://club.hiltongrandvacations.c...an-oak-resort-by-hilton-grand-vacations-club/

83C6BAE8-D0A3-478C-86AE-F480B45C0334.jpeg
6B4263F1-4D0E-4108-96F1-2C1D3B342015.jpeg

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did not see any Ocean Oak Resorts for resale when we looked. Do these often come up?

Is Ocean Oak in your season your main focus? If it’s not, than I would recind today (your last day you can). Because Ocean Oak is so new, there aren’t that many on the market yet. I’m not sure how hard it is to get summer reservations at Ocean Oak, but unless you have a platinum season unit, you won’t have the home season booking advantage. Owning at a resort doesn’t give any advantages unless your are booking your season.

Here’s the thing, that package you bought from HGVC will always be there at that price (or probably better). You have today to get your recession letter in the mail and save thousands of dollars. HGVC is a great system that treats their members very well. With the exception of elite status, resale owners have the same rights and booking windows as everybody else.

Whatever you choose, HGVC is a great system. Don’t be a stranger to the HGVC forum. Learn to use the system and enjoy. Oh yeah, welcome to TUG!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
As others have already mentioned, you need to own a Platinum season to book a Platinum season stay at your home resort. If you bought Gold or Silver hoping to reserve a week during Platinum season, then your purchase is a total waste. Rescind immediately.

I would also recommend rescinding even if you bought the correct season. Developer purchases are always overpriced and never make financial sense.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

What is your room size and season?

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sadly
Is Ocean Oak in your season your main focus? If it’s not, than I would recind today (your last day you can). Because Ocean Oak is so new, there aren’t that many on the market yet. I’m not sure how hard it is to get summer reservations at Ocean Oak, but unless you have a platinum season unit, you won’t have the home season booking advantage. Owning at a resort doesn’t give any advantages unless your are booking your season.

Here’s the thing, that package you bought from HGVC will always be there at that price (or probably better). You have today to get your recession letter in the mail and save thousands of dollars. HGVC is a great system that treats their members very well. With the exception of elite status, resale owners have the same rights and booking windows as everybody else.

Whatever you choose, HGVC is a great system. Don’t be a stranger to the HGVC forum. Learn to use the system and enjoy. Oh yeah, welcome to TUG!
no post office is open now so I can not rescind. We are gold not platinum. April and May are our times that we like the beach at Hilton not summer. Way over crowded and way too hot. How does one become elite status? First I’m hearing of it.

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As others have already mentioned, you need to own a Platinum season to book a Platinum season stay at your home resort. If you bought Gold or Silver hoping to reserve a week during Platinum season, then your purchase is a total waste. Rescind immediately.

I would also recommend rescinding even if you bought the correct season. Developer purchases are always overpriced and never make financial sense.
We were told that if we purchase gold then we will get gold season not platinum that’s great for us. No desire to be there in summer so crowded and so hot and humid. I’ve learned so much these past 2 days here. Can’t rescind we’ve missed the cut off post offices are all closed now on Saturday

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Send your rescission letter in first thing on Monday morning and see what happens. All they can say is "no" at this point, but who knows, maybe a sympathetic HGVC clerk will make an error and put your request in the refund pile. Doesn't hurt to try!

Be sure to send it via Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested.

Keep your fingers crossed and keep us posted as to how you eventually make out.

Gkny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Send your rescission letter in first thing on Monday morning and see what happens. All they can say is "no" at this point, but who knows, maybe a sympathetic HGVC clerk will make an error and put your request in the refund pile. Doesn't hurt to try!

Be sure to send it via Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested.

Keep your fingers crossed and keep us posted as to how you eventually make out.

Will do. Thank you.
Question how would I get to go there if it does rescind? Nothing on the market now that I can find.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will do. Thank you.
Question how would I get to go there if it does rescind? Nothing on the market now that I can find.

Each deeded week can be used many ways. Based on unit designation (examples: 1 bedroom Grand, 2 bedroom) and season (platinum, gold, silver, bronze) each deeded week is issued an allotment of points. You use the points to reserve your room. Those points can be used within the system. I have 7000 points allocated to my deed. At 12 months, you can book your week using your home week reservation or at 9 months you can book a club reservation at almost any HGVC resort (by Hilton Club and a couple of Hawaii resorts are the exception). If it were open, I could book Ocean Oak at 9 months with my Vegas deed. Most gold season reservations can be had at 9 months. I’m not sure if it’s easy to book in April or a May, but there are Tug members who would know.

Take a peek at this article on how to use the system.