• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Daughters

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This morning I received a call from my second oldest grand child Leilani. She is under 20 and lives with her parents. She also is in school to be a nurse. Very level headed girl, imo.

She called me to say she had just bought a new used car. I asked her why she needed a new car and she bought it because her dad told her she could only use the car he bought for her to go to work or school.

I think she called me to see if I knew how she could return the car. She bought it last night at 7pm. I know there is no rescission period on used cars in Washington from what I read.

Did I mention the she absolutely can't afford a 2016 sedan ?

Anyway, she is on her way up now. I think she will be having trouble dealing with her parents who are actually paying for her education.

My niece, Reilani, is about to graduate with her BS and recently let her insurance laspe. During this time she backed into an older car. She found out whose car it was and sent her a text. Now this other girl wants $2000. The girl had her insurance fix the car and didn't report Rei.

It gets better, Lei just called me. She is on her way over to my house. Some one just hit her so I have to go see whats up. Hit while I was typing this.

Bill

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uh oh.

On a personal note this makes me less irritated with my 15yo for leaving the garage open when he was the last one to leave this morning.

Good luck to your granddaughters.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Those transition years from teens to twenties were the most stressful of my parenting years. Good luck to all. Luckily as my friend says, most things in life can be solved with time or money, so somehow these things will get fixed.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
We have a similar situation with our Great Niece (20), who doesn't see eye-to-eye with her Mom, and who is going to college near us, so DW has become her Mom-like-friend-substitute. It's a scary situation where she had an unreliable car, and had been stalked and followed when off campus, and a man had been arrested for assaulting, kidnapping, and more, students off-campus. DW and I had been trying to draw attention to a dangerous situation, but nobody was doing anything about it.

So, we provided funds to go with college expense funds she had been awarded, and I found her a car for under $3000 . . . when her mother, who will not help her financially, found her a car for over $6000.

Turns out that when she and her mother went to look at the car, they knew the people.

She loves the car.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning I received a call from my second oldest grand child Leilani. She is under 20 and lives with her parents. She also is in school to be a nurse. Very level headed girl, imo.

My niece, Reilani, is about to graduate with her BS and recently let her insurance laspe. During this time she backed into an older car. She found out whose car it was and sent her a text. Now this other girl wants $2000. The girl had her insurance fix the car and didn't report Rei.
It appears that both of these young women are adults in the eyes of the law, and are responsible for their own lives. I know it's awfully hard to tell them without alienating them or siding with either their parents, or the law. But that's what you have to do.

Jim

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully lessons are learned.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The rest of this story goes like this. Leilani was rear-ended and since she just bought the car last night she has no proof of insurance because she doesn't have insurance. While waiting for the police to get to the accident the guy that hit her took off. My wife and I were told this guy was heading down the road so we drove off that direction and decided Walmart was far enough.

As we are pulling into the parking lot I spot a gray Nisan so we checked it out. In the front seat was a guy that was wearing the Raiders cap so I went over and asked him why he left the accident. He said he was sorry and he was texting while driving. Since we are blocking traffic my wife pulls into a parking spot. The guy left as soon as we were not blocking his car.

The police show up with Lei and there is no bad guy. Suddenly, a Walmart employee comes around the corner with the guy. It is his girl friend I think. The guy has no license, no insurance and is driving while suspended.

I tell the police we want nothing to do with this guy as I want to return the car. Off we go.

Get to the car lot where the owner explains to me that Lei is old enough to buy a car and many reasons why she has to keep the car. I explain that they let her drive off the lot with no insurance. That is not legal. I want them to unwind the deal or I will be in touch with the WA car dealer investigator.

As we talk about this for 15 minutes I told the dealer the car is staying at the lot and my only offer would be to let them keep $200 of the $1000 deposit. They agree. All is good again. Lei learned a $200 lesson.

We told Rei, my niece to pay the bill when she can. She did the right thing. We told her to ask the person she hit for receipts of repair and to only pay these reciepts or let them take her to court where they will need to produce reciepts. I think she offered them $500.

With all of this done I fired up my KLR 650 and went for a ride. Nice day but I ended up dumping the bike at a graveled intersection. A slow motion dumping. Pick the bike up and off I went only to have a bee fly into my helmet. I got it before it got me.

It has been a while since I last had a day this interesting. :D

Bill

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Glad it was a slo-mo spill. I got rear-ended doing 55 last July by a guy doing 70. Not fun.
And there is all kinds of wrong going on with the accident...... The cops should/could have towed the guys car and taken him to jail. That's what I would have done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wowsers. Glad everyone is safe. So many possible points in your day where things could have gone (more) crazy.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My son (age 46) got in legal trouble as a 17 year old. I was not his custodial parent so I had to react as an adviser. I told him, "If you can get to age 25 without an arrest record and you have all your arms and legs, you will be doing pretty good." There is no protecting youth from growing up. Just survival experiences. Easy, you did good. I took a 750 Honda across 2 large lawns in 1976. Survived, but the arthritis is killing me. Lesson learned. I hope your cycle experiences are exciting and harmless. ;)

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad it was a slo-mo spill. I got rear-ended doing 55 last July by a guy doing 70. Not fun.
And there is all kinds of wrong going on with the accident...... The cops should/could have towed the guys car and taken him to jail. That's what I would have done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Right but so should the granddaughter for driving without insurance.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was an article about a girl who totaled her car because there was a spider on the passenger seat.
I have a just as good story.
My daughter was 17 and needed my car to drive to work, my brand new retirement present car. Work and nowhere else was the rule.
I get a call, she is crying, she drove some guy home and while it was parked, a guy drove his truck into my car and totaled it.
The next day we find a small older car, and buy it about five o’clock, we call insurance to tell them. The next day she gets back in the car after work and begins driving when she finds a bee in the car and crashes the car into the iron gate. It is totaled. Two cars in three days. We had to go register the car before we could get reimbursement from insurance company. We also had to pay for the gate at the country club. She also had to go to emergency room, but she was alright.

geekette

Reaction score
The rest of this story goes like this. Leilani was rear-ended and since she just bought the car last night she has no proof of insurance because she doesn't have insurance. While waiting for the police to get to the accident the guy that hit her took off. My wife and I were told this guy was heading down the road so we drove off that direction and decided Walmart was far enough.

As we are pulling into the parking lot I spot a gray Nisan so we checked it out. In the front seat was a guy that was wearing the Raiders cap so I went over and asked him why he left the accident. He said he was sorry and he was texting while driving. Since we are blocking traffic my wife pulls into a parking spot. The guy left as soon as we were not blocking his car.

The police show up with Lei and there is no bad guy. Suddenly, a Walmart employee comes around the corner with the guy. It is his girl friend I think. The guy has no license, no insurance and is driving while suspended.

I tell the police we want nothing to do with this guy as I want to return the car. Off we go.

Get to the car lot where the owner explains to me that Lei is old enough to buy a car and many reasons why she has to keep the car. I explain that they let her drive off the lot with no insurance. That is not legal. I want them to unwind the deal or I will be in touch with the WA car dealer investigator.

As we talk about this for 15 minutes I told the dealer the car is staying at the lot and my only offer would be to let them keep $200 of the $1000 deposit. They agree. All is good again. Lei learned a $200 lesson.

We told Rei, my niece to pay the bill when she can. She did the right thing. We told her to ask the person she hit for receipts of repair and to only pay these reciepts or let them take her to court where they will need to produce reciepts. I think she offered them $500.

With all of this done I fired up my KLR 650 and went for a ride. Nice day but I ended up dumping the bike at a graveled intersection. A slow motion dumping. Pick the bike up and off I went only to have a bee fly into my helmet. I got it before it got me.

It has been a while since I last had a day this interesting. :D

Bill
WOW!!! TOO eventful.

I'm glad the car was taken back successfully. but dumping in gravel, I am soooo sorry. bees, gees.

Let me also say, what lucky girls to have such a grandpa.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Luckily my 2 GD's are in the small stage that just love spending time with Grandpa and Nana - almost 4 and 1.5.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad everything worked out. My grandaughter is only 6.

All of this accident talk does remind me of a friend who got in an accident pulling out of the DMV getting her license. She kidded that since there was a policeman right at the DMV when she handed him the license it was still warm from the laminator.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always believed if one is the cause of a collision where a car is totaled they should take some time off from driving.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
There was an article about a girl who totaled her car because there was a spider on the passenger seat.

Reminds me of a story a friend of my brother’s told. Right after the family moved to Florida, he was driving his car down the highway and a movement above him caught his eye. As he tells the story, a green spider the size of a tarantula was on the ceiling above his head. About that time the thing dropped into his lap so he skidded to a stop right where he was and did the “get it off! get it off! dance” in the middle of the street. Problem was, he never found the spider and it was 6 months before he could get himself to believe that it landed on the street and was still not lurking in the car!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
My former SIL had so many accidents that when she and her son with living with her Mom and Dad their insurance company said that if they allowed her to drive any of their vehicles they would cancel them.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then my daughter at 16, first time out with the car, gets gas, pulls away with the gas hose in the car,gas all over the place, fire truck called, Yama, Yada, Yada. Since the two totals at 17, never had an accident

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of this accident talk does remind me of a friend who got in an accident pulling out of the DMV getting her license. She kidded that since there was a policeman right at the DMV when she handed him the license it was still warm from the laminator.

When I was 16 and went to get my license the DOT required a driving test and had a closed course of paved roads around the office in the suburbs for this. You provided your own vehicle.

Near the end of my test, I got in an accident. I was on a straight road with the right of way, and a driver at the T intersection did not stop. I failed. I hope the other driver did too. I was just glad that my dad was on the other side of the building and didn’t witness it.