• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The 14 Best Ice Cream Flavors in San Francisco

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of them look good, but none of them are my favorite--maple walnut. The best ice cream flavor in the world! It should be everywhere!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Agreed that none of those listed are on my favourites list, but then I also haven't tried some of them. +1 though to Maple Walnut! Some of my other favourites include basic Strawberry (but with real strawberry pieces), Peach, Rum 'n' Raisin, Burgundy Cherry, and my top choice: Orange Pineapple. But the quality of the ice cream itself is the real secret.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks, I am an ice cream lover and they all look yummy to me. They must be full of sugar and calories.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I lived in the Bay Area during high school and early college years. Treks to Fentons were done regularly, especially with various groups. I knew the secret to ordering there. Oftentimes, people would order a hot fudge sundae. It was great. But my secret was to order the ice cream that had chocolate sauce instead of the hot fudge. What was brought out by the server was basically the same thing as the hot fudge sundae (minus the hot) but in a glass cup that was double the size, containing double the amount of ice cream...around 1-2 pints' worth is my guess. My 5'1", 105 pound self would happily eat it all while the big guys in the group looked jealous and slightly amazed.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed that none of those listed are on my favourites list, but then I also haven't tried some of them. +1 though to Maple Walnut! Some of my other favourites include basic Strawberry (but with real strawberry pieces), Peach, Rum 'n' Raisin, Burgundy Cherry, and my top choice: Orange Pineapple. But the quality of the ice cream itself is the real secret.

Oh, some of those are other favorites! I love rum raisin. Thank god Haagen Dazs still makes it!

I love pineapple sundaes, but what is orange pineapple ice cream? Is it orange-flavored ice cream with pineapple chunks? Where do you get it?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Oh, some of those are other favorites! I love rum raisin. Thank god Haagen Dazs still makes it!

I love pineapple sundaes, but what is orange pineapple ice cream? Is it orange-flavored ice cream with pineapple chunks? Where do you get it?

We don't need to resort to Haagen Dazs to get Rum 'n' Raisin. And Orange Pineapple is also available here in Southern Ontario from two family-run dairy producers who make their own high-end ice cream: Chapman's and Hewitt's. Orange Pineapple is primarily orange-based with shredded (vs. chunks of) orange and pineapple. We always stop at Hewitt's Dairy Bar when in the area on the Niagara Peninsula. See the links below.

http://www.daysoutontario.com/blog.php?id=291002794

o.jpg

133801.jpg

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't need to resort to Haagen Dazs to get Rum 'n' Raisin. And Orange Pineapple is also easily available here in Southern Ontario from two family-run dairy producers who make their own high-end ice cream: Chapman's and Hewitt's. Orange Pineapple is primarily orange-based with shredded (vs. chunks of) orange and pineapple. We always stop at Hewitt's Dairy Bar when in the area on the Niagara Peninsula. See the links below.

http://www.daysoutontario.com/blog.php?id=291002794

Are there any in Toronto? Do we have to do a day trip?

The funny thing is that we have a old-fashioned ice cream parlor pretty close to us in NJ. They do have maple walnut. But every time we go, we have a miserable experience there. Other people love this place and travel to visit it, but I just have really bad luck there!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My favorite is still Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Are there any in Toronto? Do we have to do a day trip?

While I work in downtown Toronto, my home is just outside the City of Toronto, to the west in Mississauga. So not sure about where to get Orange Pineapple as a cone in the actual City of Toronto. Lots of places to buy good ice cream in cones or tubs, but I haven't gone looking specifically for Orange Pineapple. My normal go-to place is Hewitt's Dairy Bar when we are in the area.

You can buy the 2-litre tubs of Chapman's ice cream in many supermarkets, but they tend to stock the most popular flavours for turnover reasons, so I only rarely find the specialty flavours like Orange Pineapple. And if they do stock the less usual flavours they tend to sell out quickly, IME. I grab it if I come across it! I have only found Hewitt's at their retail outlet. If they sell it elsewhere, it may be to the specialty and restaurant trade.

Chapman's Dairy is headquartered to the northwest of Toronto, in Markdale (about a 2-hour drive from downtown Toronto), but I do not believe they have a retail store. Hewitt's Dairy is headquartered and has a retail store in Hagersville (just over an hour's drive from Toronto), just south of the City of Hamilton. Hewitt's could be done as part of a trip to Niagara Falls or the surrounding wine regions with a bit of a detour.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I work in downtown Toronto, my home is just outside the City of Toronto, to the west in Mississauga. So not sure about where to get Orange Pineapple as a cone in the actual City of Toronto. Lots of places to buy good ice cream in cones or tubs, but I haven't gone looking specifically for Orange Pineapple. My normal go-to place is Hewitt's Dairy Bar when we are in the area.

You can buy the 2-litre tubs of Chapman's ice cream in many supermarkets, but they tend to stock the most popular flavours for turnover reasons, so I only rarely find the specialty flavours like Orange Pineapple. And if they do stock the less usual flavours they tend to sell out quickly, IME. I grab it if I come across it! I have only found Hewitt's at their retail outlet. If they sell it elsewhere, it may be to the specialty and restaurant trade.

Chapman's Dairy is headquartered to the northwest of Toronto, in Markdale (about a 2-hour drive from downtown Toronto), but I do not believe they have a retail store. Hewitt's Dairy is headquartered and has a retail store in Hagersville (just over an hour's drive from Toronto), just south of the City of Hamilton. Hewitt's could be done as part of a trip to Niagara Falls or the surrounding wine regions with a bit of a detour.

Thanks! In the world of Canadian ice cream, I do know about Tiger. That is uniquely Canadian. Here you can't even give away the black jelly beans! I always mean to try Tiger, and then I see some other more desirable flavor....

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Baskin Robbins Chocolate Almond
Baskin Robbins Pistachio

Ben & Jerry's Pistachio
Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra Core (velvety core of soft caramel encircled by chocolate & caramel ice creams with fudge chips)