• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

sales type and trust fund question

matt0o

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Cedar
I have seen the terms sales type and trust fund type thrown around when giving information with a particular deed. What is the relevance of these two things or what do they mean regarding my current deed and if I wish to buy additional points of resale?

fredmotola

Reaction score
Trust fund = How (much) your maintenance fees are calculated. For instance Trust Fund E = $360 + $0.0613*#Points.
Sales Type = When your maintenance fees are billed. For Trust Fund E, Sales Type A is billed the month before your points earn date or Sales Type Y is billed in Oct regardless of your earn date(s).

matt0o

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Cedar
Trust fund = How (much) your maintenance fees are calculated. For instance Trust Fund E = $360 + $0.0613*#Points.
Sales Type = When your maintenance fees are billed. For Trust Fund E, Sales Type A is billed the month before your points earn date or Sales Type Y is billed in Oct regardless of your earn date(s).

Thanks, that makes sense.

Is the 360 only charged once per MF cycle despite having two separate weeks? For example, looking at my last cycle MF, I have one week for 5k points and was charged 645. my second week for 3k points was 171. am I reading it right that the 360 was applied to my 1st-week charge and that covered both my weeks?

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the 360 only charged once per MF cycle despite having two separate weeks? For example, looking at my last cycle MF, I have one week for 5k points and was charged 645. my second week for 3k points was 171. am I reading it right that the 360 was applied to my 1st-week charge and that covered both my weeks?

Yes, the fixed fee ($360) is billed only once for all trust fund E accounts/deeds. Yes, the fixed fee was applied to you 5k account.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will add that Bluegreen is good about charging this fixed fee only once per membership. Even if you buy resale points in Trust Fund E, they too go into the same account as the retail points, and the fixed fee is billed only once. Other developers, Diamond Resorts and Welk Resorts specifically, put resale points into separate accounts and therefore the fixed fee is billed multiple times.

fredmotola

Reaction score
I will add that Bluegreen is good about charging this fixed fee only once per membership. Even if you buy resale points in Trust Fund E, they too go into the same account as the retail points, and the fixed fee is billed only once. Other developers, Diamond Resorts and Welk Resorts specifically, put resale points into separate accounts and therefore the fixed fee is billed multiple times.

It is always good to check. BG is notorious for double charging the Club Dues for $139 on multiple resale purchases/contracts. Easy enough to correct, just send them an email with the details and it gets fixed in about a week and does not show up again.

fredmotola

Reaction score
Thanks, that makes sense.

You are seeing this correctly. The 3K and any subsequent Trust Fund E deed only gets the per point charge. So, if you buy more Trust Fund E points on the resale market, your MF will only go up by the incremental rate, $0.0613/point.

Reaction score
I have read through all of my documents, called BlueGreen and I still cannot figure out what Trust Fund and Sales Type I am in. How does one go about finding these out? What are the different Fund Types?

My last statement was a base rate of $360 and .0613 per point. I am billed one month before my Due Date. From this, can I say that it is Trust Fund E deed and Sales Type A.

Hoffymawn

Reaction score
Types of sales - it turns out there is similar nonsense among salesmen lol