• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Easter memories

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
This probably has nothing to do with Easter, but I remember we always had chicks in our garage. Now that I think about it, my parents were probably raising chicks to sell to farmers, but it became entwined in my Easter memories.

We moved to Chicago when I was in second grade and they no longer did it.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall being about 5 or 6, laying in bed watching my father dropping eggs in the hallway and then my mother sneaking in my bedroom to put my basket in the closet.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Getting up WAY before dawn for Easter sunrise service. My little town in Missouri only had 300 or so people, but 5 churches. All of the churches came together for the sunrise service. And then the pancake breakfast after. YUMMY!

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Living in northern Minnesota as a kid, I remember several Easter Sundays when my brand new (and sewn by my mother) fancy Easter dress, bonnet and new white shoes had to get covered up by a winter coat and boats because we'd had yet another spring snow storm!

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
We have a traditional Slovak Easter breakfast.
Slovak sausage , boiled / baked ham, Sirik (egg cheese ) hard boiled eggs,
sour cream / horseradish mixed, and last but not least Paska, a homemade sweat bread.
Look forward to this meal more than thanksgiving dinner.
Always make the Paska Saturday afternoon , traditionally when it is done whoever is home gets to sample the warm buttered fresh first loaf of paska. It's never an empty house and the tradition breaking of this bread means everything to us!
Happy Easter!

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our Easter Bunny hid our Easter baskets and at times it was soooo frustrating.

One year He even took out the foam tiles of the basement drop ceiling and hid them there - that year it took u til after the extended family Easter dinner to find them.

I also remember a year when the Easter Bunny used our facilities and forgot to flush. My siblings and I told EVERYONE about that. Oh how I wish I could go back and see the conversations about that one. We were full believers and clueless!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't recall Easter being a particularly big deal. Oh, we went to church (about the only time of year my mom went) and there would be an egg hunt, but nobody could answer me about what bunnies had to do with eggs. I never cared for hard boiled eggs to eat, so that took some of the joy out of actually finding them, but I liked coloring the eggs.

We'll do some yard work this weekend. Thrilling, huh?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Easter at our house was pretty routine - cute baskets, colored eggs we had dyed the day before, magically hidden randomly around the house, bad non-cable TV. We never had any pretense about a real bunny being behind it all. Come on, it's not like it was Santa Claus or anything. ;)

Dave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Dress fancy for church, then a big multi-family lunch for us country neighbors, something 25 people would be there and have a huge potluck/buffet style meal. Deviled eggs and jello eggs, ham, squash rolls, and tons of other food. Big easter egg hunt afterwards us kids just being kicked outside after eating every year unless it was raining. Good times.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I remember the stifling Easter dresses and coats and white gloves and the hats and shiny patent leather shoes and a new bag. Going to church. (gee- the masses always seemed so long after enduring the Stations of the Cross in Catholic school all week, plus mass on Holy Thursday and Good Friday- no meat every Friday). I also remember coloring eggs with my dad and my grandparents, but I didn't like eating them. I remember my grandfather making crosses out of the palms. And my mom always putting the palms in our houses and cars. I do remember my dad getting chicks once. I have no idea what happened to them. I loved getting giant Easter Bunnies as gifts. Sometimes got baskets. The chocolate marshmallow eggs and yes- the peeps.

Italians always had that Easter bread- I never ate it. I didn't like the idea that the colored eggs were on top of it. I never liked the struffuli- honey balls- either. My grandparents were always baking and cooking things from scratch. My dad also.

Easter was not as big a deal as Thanksgiving or XMAS in our family. My mom had 2 other sisters. The oldest always hosted Thanksgiving and my mom hosted XMAS. BIG Italian family gatherings and unlimited amounts of food. For Easter- the youngest sister hosted- who they claimed was spoiled. She usually had it catered - just had a simple buffet style- a fresh ham, etc. She hated cooking and cleaning and all that. It was much more relaxed with a lot less fuss. The sisters- my mom and my aunts- exchanged small gifts, like flowers.

When our son was young we did hide plastic easter eggs around the house with little trinkets or coins inside.

Now we have nothing going on. Just my husband and I. We say Happy Easter to each other and that is about it.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Happy Easter, y'all.

Growing up, Easter was going to the Easter egg hunt at the local park, then around the house and yard, then dressing up and going to "Sunday School", then going out for Sunday "Dinner", which every day but Sunday was called "lunch."

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember an Easter at my paternal grandparents' farm house with the large front yard and up to 10 grandkids. The Easter Egg hunt had the parents waiting and COUNTING the number of eggs collected by us kids.

Usually NOT all eggs got found .. but the one Easter, an EXTRA egg was found. The adults were totally upset ... bad counting on the eggs put out? an egg over a year old? A prank?

I personally did not care ... I disliked hard boiled eggs. Not problem to me.

Happy Easter!

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Another memory back in our day Easter egg hunts always were real eggs. My dad would put a hard boiled egg in the top of a Paska bread he would bake so it would be sliced with a bread for breakfast. All those eggs out all night how we ever survived is beyond me.

One year I remember a terrible smell coming from my closet. We tried everything to get rid of it charcoal you name it. Never did find it till Christmas going to church only wore suits for Christmas and Easter, stuck my hand in my pocket and look what I found, an Easter egg hidden in my pocket. Room started smelling better after that.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are lucky enough to be with the grandkids this Easter. The egg hunts are bringing back great memories of when our kids were young. The excitement and the hunts. Grandkids are the best.

Reactions: DrQ

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I remember home-filled Easter baskets with the green plastic "grass" and hollow plastic eggs filled with jelly beans. On a good year, we might have one of those tall chocolate bunnies. I also remember going to the annual egg hunt at church, and finding beautiful colored eggs out in the cemetery.

We got dressed up for Sunday church service . . . and always in a dress with a hat. Here I am in 1962.
58443980_10214418034625678_4593968685625901056_n.jpg

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I remember home-filled Easter baskets with the green plastic "grass" and hollow plastic eggs filled with jelly beans. On a good year, we might have one of those tall chocolate bunnies. I also remember going to the annual egg hunt at church, and finding beautiful colored eggs out in the cemetery.

We got dressed up for Sunday church service . . . and always in a dress with a hat. Here I am in 1962.
58443980_10214418034625678_4593968685625901056_n.jpg
Hi Von,

What was your Collie's name?

Happy Easter.

Richard

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Looks like it could have been me.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
My new Easter dress, crinoline, and Mary Jane patent leather shoes were bought and waiting in the closet. On the morning of, the Easter basket on the kitchen table contained plastic eggs filled with new socks, panties, candy, and other small, and often utilitarian, gifts. As I aged, I would find a poem on the kitchen table that contained a clue as to where to find the basket. When I figured out the first clue and arrived at the spot, there would be another poem/clue and then another until finally the basket. One year it was hanging from the top limb of the Oak tree in our front yard. My mother was so clever!

Memories of our daughter bring to mind Easter at my in-laws. Our daughter had to sleep in the open concept living/dining area on the pull out sofa. We had to stay awake until we were sure she was asleep and then slip in and hide eggs filled with candy and other small gifts. One year, she woke us in the morning so excited because she had heard the Easter Bunny hopping around the night before and she knew he was REAL!

Our daughter and I took my granddaughter to my mother's house in Ft Myers over Easter one year when she was about seven. After she went to sleep, we hid eggs in the back yard and when we opened the door to take her out, there was a real Cottontail Rabbit, hopping away. We were all blown away and she was so excited and so convinced she had caught the REAL Easter Bunny in action.

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My new Easter dress, crinoline, and Mary Jane patent leather shoes were bought and waiting in the closet. On the morning of, the Easter basket on the kitchen table contained plastic eggs filled with new socks, panties, candy, and other small, and often utilitarian, gifts. As I aged, I would find a poem on the kitchen table that contained a clue as to where to find the basket. When I figured out the first clue and arrived at the spot, there would be another poem/clue and then another until finally the basket. One year it was hanging from the top limb of the Oak tree in our front yard. My mother was so clever!

Memories of our daughter bring to mind Easter at my in-laws. Our daughter had to sleep in the open concept living/dining area on the pull out sofa. We had to stay awake until we were sure she was asleep and then slip in and hide eggs filled with candy and other small gifts. One year, she woke us in the morning up so excited because she had heard the Easter Bunny hopping around the night before and she knew he was REAL!

Our daughter and I took our granddaughter to my mother's house in Ft Myers over Easter one year when she was about seven. After she went to sleep, we hid eggs in the back yard and when we opened the door to take her out, there was a real Cottontail Rabbit, hoping away. We were all blown away and she was so excited and so convinced she had caught the REAL Easter Bunny in action.

It was bad enough to get socks for Christmas, any socks on Easter had better have chick or bunny patterns on them!