• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Bay Villas by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Pics from 5 minutes ago. The ocean side of the development has not changed from the last pics.
2c2a0d539d971487427881ae98f1510f.jpg
d460076c6f571995cd4fe28e039a493c.jpg
520dbbb81d517c4ec4ecc30579a77ba4.jpg
e2a3e5edb01677e58a39bf31d3407e15.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I must admit, though I am happy to see Hilton building and creating a Maui option, doing it across the street and not "on" the beach is, to me, less appealing. And if I recall correctly, the buildings will only be a couple stories, so they won't offer much in the way of ocean view. I'm not sure how that competes with the likes of Marriott and Hyatt up the road, which have a village a short walk away, lots of restaurants, two golf courses, are right on the beach, and have oceanfront rooms with spectacular views.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am sure finding properties in Maui that are available that meets all those conditions is obstacle 1. Getting Maui counsel to approve many projects now is obstacle 2. They do NOT want higher density accommodations, so that means lower and fewer buildings.

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea
Will be in Maui Feb 2020. Anybody know if they are giving presentations about this resort already? Or if they are offering any promotions (e.g. 5 nights, 6 days plus car, etc. as long as you attend 1.5 - 2 hour presentation), where would Hilton typically put you up if you expressed interest in this Maui location? The only Hilton affiliated hotel I know of in Maui is Grand Wailea, which I kinda doubt they'd have a promotion on.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must admit, though I am happy to see Hilton building and creating a Maui option, doing it across the street and not "on" the beach is, to me, less appealing. And if I recall correctly, the buildings will only be a couple stories, so they won't offer much in the way of ocean view. I'm not sure how that competes with the likes of Marriott and Hyatt up the road, which have a village a short walk away, lots of restaurants, two golf courses, are right on the beach, and have oceanfront rooms with spectacular views.

As a fan of the Waikoloa properties (Bay Club and Kohala in particular), this will be on the beach by comparison :)

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Will be in Maui Feb 2020. Anybody know if they are giving presentations about this resort already? Or if they are offering any promotions (e.g. 5 nights, 6 days plus car, etc. as long as you attend 1.5 - 2 hour presentation), where would Hilton typically put you up if you expressed interest in this Maui location? The only Hilton affiliated hotel I know of in Maui is Grand Wailea, which I kinda doubt they'd have a promotion on.

They have not started selling the Maui resort yet. I am sure the sales will start with the other two Hawaii sales centers, Big Island and Oahu.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Did this already get posted? Came in the email to me today...

HGV Is Coming to Maui
Club Members, say aloha to Maui. HGV will make its debut on the beautiful “Valley Isle” in 2021 with the opening of Maui Bay Villas by Hilton Grand Vacations, expanding its Hawaii portfolio to 10 properties across three islands.

The sprawling 27-acre resort on Maui’s southwestern coast in Kihei will feature 388 one-, two- and three-bedroom suites—averaging 962 square feet—spread out comfortably among a dozen buildings on the campus. With 740 feet of oceanfront space, the property will also provide breathtaking views of Maalaea Bay.

“I’m so thrilled to introduce this spectacular destination to our Club Members. Hawaii holds a special place in my heart as I spend many years there, and Maui has been ranked as one of the top requested locations by our Members,” shares Mark Wang, president and CEO of Hilton Grand Vacations. “Maui’s one-of-a-kind natural beauty, HGV’s spirit of service and, most important, our Members are going to be at the forefront of this resort throughout the entire development process.”

In addition, the resort’s location will give you more than just a view—it will place guests minutes away from exciting adventures, such as whale-watching excursions in Maalaea Bay and snorkeling trips to nearby reefs and wildlife. Club Members will also enjoy tours of an ancient fishpond at Kalepolepo Beach Park and sporting attractions like the Maui Nui Golf Club, which offers an 18-hole course next to the ocean. When you take a short ride, you’ll discover even more popular attractions, including Maui Ocean Center: The Aquarium of Hawaii.

But expect plenty to do at the resort as well. Planned amenities on the campus include a large clubhouse with a restaurant, a keiki (kids) club, fitness center, grab-and-go market, large “superpool” with pool bar, oceanfront beach club and more than 15 acres of open-lawn recreational space.

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea
In addition, the resort’s location will give you more than just a view—it will place guests minutes away from exciting adventures, such as whale-watching excursions in Maalaea Bay and snorkeling trips to nearby reefs and wildlife. Club Members will also enjoy tours of an ancient fishpond at Kalepolepo Beach Park and sporting attractions like the Maui Nui Golf Club, which offers an 18-hole course next to the ocean. When you take a short ride, you’ll discover even more popular attractions, including Maui Ocean Center: The Aquarium of Hawaii.

Thanks for sending announcement. I'm interested in and looking forward to finding out what HGV will put up. I do love how Hilton's Marketing folks always make things sound better than they are. For example, while I like Maui Nui Golf Club and play it often when we are in Maui, it's nowhere "next to the ocean". It's at least a mile and across a major highway to the nearest beach. You can see the ocean from some holes, but one can do that from Haleakala also. (The Kapalua Bay Course and the Kaanapali Royal - now those courses have holes that are really next to the ocean!) It's kinda hard to tell from the site renderings that HGV has posted on the website but it seems like there will still be a major road that bisects the property unlike the resorts on Kaanapali Beach. Anybody know if this is so or not?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's kinda hard to tell from the site renderings that HGV has posted on the website but it seems like there will still be a major road that bisects the property unlike the resorts on Kaanapali Beach. Anybody know if this is so or not?

There is indeed a busy road that goes between the main resort and the beach club part. Its not clear yet what if anything they will do to make crossing from one side to the other easier.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@brp LOL this is how they direct you to the beach if you go to the sales presentation and don't buy!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I'm actually interested to see pricing for these units. But a recent HGVC e-mail indicates sales won't open until the first quarter of next year. All that means to me is there's very little reason to endure an owners update when we're in Vegas this fall.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I expect retail pricing to be on par with Ocean Towers or more. See below. I anticipate that most units will be financed so we won't see resale units until the financing is paid off in 5 - 10 years. HT to @junk for posting OT pricing in an earlier thread.

upload_2019-4-6_11-25-14.png

At these prices, I will "risk it" with club points...and wait patiently for resales which will eventually be on par with the MOC and Westin Kaanapali pricing.

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
My interest will be fleeting

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't know how this will work out, but Kauai Beach Resort is separated from the beach by the only street in the area, and I don't think it keeps anyone from staying there. It's a busy street, but drivers are used to the foot traffic in the area, and the cars slow way down. There is also a stop sign at the crosswalk.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 3.36.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 3.39.50 PM.png

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I expect pricing to on par with Ocean Towers or more. See below. I anticipate that most units will be financed so we won't see resale units until the financing is paid off in 5 - 10 years. HT to @junk for posting OT pricing in an earlier thread.

View attachment 11191

At these prices, I will "risk it" with club points...and wait patiently for resales which will eventually be on par with the MOC and Westin Kaanapali pricing.
I really don't think the resale prices will be as high as Maui Ocean Club Lahaina/Napili or Westin Kaanapali. The Kaanapali properties are right on the beach and the HGVC units are across the street from the beach. Also Maui and Westin are in a nice planned resort of Kaanapali. The HGVC Maui is at least 20 minutes from Wailea. While the HGVC maui is located in a nice area, it does not have the dining and attractions of Kaanapali or Wailea.

Even with this, I will be using my hgvc points at Maui hgvc if I can't get into the Westin's.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I really don't think the resale prices will be as high as Maui Ocean Club Lahaina/Napili or Westin Kaanapali. The Kaanapali properties are right on the beach and the HGVC units are across the street from the beach. Also Maui and Westin are in a nice planned resort of Kaanapali. The HGVC Maui is at least 20 minutes from Wailea. While the HGVC maui is located in a nice area, it does not have the dining and attractions of Kaanapali or Wailea.

Even with this, I will be using my hgvc points at Maui hgvc if I can't get into the Westin's.

Absolutely agree. They will be directly competing with those Kaanapali resorts. Tough sell.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I expect pricing to on par with Ocean Towers or more. See below. I anticipate that most units will be financed so we won't see resale units until the financing is paid off in 5 - 10 years...

It doesn’t take that long to see resale weeks. Buyers simply change their mind. Sometimes weeks or months after purchasing, especially if they were misled during their timeshare presentation. It does take a little time for resale prices to drop. However this will eventually happen as each owner starts to finally realize that their timeshare is not an investment and they’re not going to recoup their cost.

For example, you can find resales for Grand Islander (which opened ~2 yrs ago) and the Ocean Tower is just starting to appear (which opened late last year).

From judikoz.com
D8CCF4DA-CD5B-4D59-A66D-230863EE65CB.png

Ocean Tower resales - https://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/timeshare/Ocean+Tower+by+Hilton+Grand+Vacations/resort/

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It doesn’t take that long to see resale weeks. Buyers simply change their mind. Sometimes weeks or months after purchasing, especially if they were misled during their timeshare presentation. It does take a little time for resale prices to drop. However this will eventually happen as each owner starts to finally realize that their timeshare is not an investment and they’re not going to recoup their cost.

For example, you can find resales for Grand Islander (which opened ~2 yrs ago) and the Ocean Tower is just starting to appear (which opened late last year).

Ocean Tower resales - https://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/timeshare/Ocean+Tower+by+Hilton+Grand+Vacations/resort/

Very true, I saw an Ocean Oak unit available for resale before the resort even opened.

That said, the first resale units often have pretty high asking prices... such as the Ocean Tower unit in the link above for $139K. they are probably trying to pay off their loan.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
Our family is so excited for the addition of this resort. We actually added more HGVC points to our portfolio in anticipation of addition to Maui a couple years back, but the deal was pulled. We added Westin to our portfolio this past fall to have access to their Maui properties. Now that HGVC is back on, we hope to stay in Kaanapali for a week and Kihei for the next. Win-win! We can’t wait!

taffy19

Reaction score
We walk all the time in Honolulu and in accord with the traffic controlled devices cross the streets safely. However, we feel that crosswalks that DON"T have traffic control devices ie Stop Signs, Red lights etc. are just accidents waiting to happen. When drivers are accustomed to driving right thru cross walks everyday and then all of a sudden a pedestrian appears in front of them that is dangerous. Put a Stop Sign or better yet Red Lights with push buttons to control the traffic in a manner that becomes familiar to drivers.
I walked by this area and crossed the road several times and was amazed how the cars would stop immediately when I was waiting to cross.

It is a very busy road and the pavement is dangerous and not there at some places. It is a short walk from the Maui Sunset so I walked over the beach to get there but some of it had to be done via the road and again on my way back and I had to use the light on my phone because of the roots of the big trees and uneven pavement or lack of it but there was a line on the road for bicycles or pedestrians so not too dangerous.

I was there when the sun was setting and took some pictures. They have done a lot of grading and the gentle slope seems to be gone. It always looked so pretty and cool with the green grass but they will make it attractive again with the landscaping once they are finished building. I walked to the back side of the property and the big trees are still there.

There was nothing done on the beach area yet and the coconuts and leaves were laying on the ground and the beach was messy too but a photographer was taking pictures of a newlywed couple right when the sun was setting.

The pictures that were posted here look very much the same but will post the sunset pictures from my computer later this week.

I can’t see them building a bridge over the road because the high voltage power lines are on the side of the road but a stoplight with a push button will help a lot.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I walked by this area and crossed the road several times and was amazed how the cars would stop immediately when I was waiting to cross.

It is a very busy road and the pavement is dangerous and not there at some places. It is a short walk from the Maui Sunset so I walked over the beach to get there but some of it had to be done via the road and again on my way back and I had to use the light on my phone because of the roots of the big trees and uneven pavement or lack of it but there was a line on the road for bicycles or pedestrians so not too dangerous.

I was there when the sun was setting and took some pictures. They have done a lot of grading and the gentle slope seems to be gone. It always looked so pretty and cool with the green grass but they will make it attractive again with the landscaping once they are finished building. I walked to the back side of the property and the big trees are still there.

There was nothing done on the beach area yet and the coconuts and leaves were laying on the ground and the beach was messy too but a photographer was taking pictures of a newlywed couple right when the sun was setting.

The pictures that were posted here look very much the same but will post the sunset pictures from my computer later this week.

I can’t see them building a bridge over the road because the high voltage power lines are on the side of the road but a stoplight with a push button will help a lot.
I really think we are going to like this location -- I love Kihei from my Worldmark days and have already posted the issue we had to deal with (afternoon wind). We crossed the street without issue and there is much to like about the South Maui area -- many of the beaches are fantastic. I'm looking forward to this property and we will see how it develops! Thanks for posting this...

Best,

Greg

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our family is so excited for the addition of this resort. We actually added more HGVC points to our portfolio in anticipation of addition to Maui a couple years back, but the deal was pulled. We added Westin to our portfolio this past fall to have access to their Maui properties. Now that HGVC is back on, we hope to stay in Kaanapali for a week and Kihei for the next. Win-win! We can’t wait!

Agree with Ianneyan and Greg. I think others are right to point out that there are some drawbacks to this resort compared to Westin/Marriott/Hyatt up in Kaanapali, but I think there are many of us that LOVE Maui and like the idea of a bit of change of pace (myself included). Staying in Kihei allows us to focus on the south west part of the island. While we always make at least one trip down and like some of the beaches, more than one trip is usually too much coming from Kaanapali. I'm excited about the option.

That said, if no 7K 2bdrm weeks on offer, I may never trade in (and I certainly wouldn't buy there, retail or resale, given Maui county's view of timeshare owners as cash cows to milk).