• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Beautiful Hawaii Day

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Whatever happened to the zipline to the beach?
How about individual balcony ziplines?

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Same here. Does look like a beautiful day. But I see a bunch of buildings. Like New York City on the water.

Cheers.
But without the New Yorker’s. And the smell. And the trash. And the weather. In fact, not really like NYC at all.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Nice view! I am glad that you are enjoying your vacation. Sure beats the heck out of my office view.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
But without the New Yorker’s. And the smell. And the trash. And the weather. In fact, not really like NYC at all.

Thank goodness.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The New Yorker's what?

No, not like New York at all. Just the look of a skyline and little else of New York. Pity for Waikiki. :)

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Looks great, enjoy! any day in Hawaii is a great day!

Whatever happened to the zipline to the beach?
How about individual balcony ziplines?

They never installed those... not sure there was a formal announcement of the cancellation , but they never moved forward.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
What do you have against New Yorkers?

Also, we weren't talking smell, trash or weather. Just view.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

Apologies for stirring the pot. I was just adding my view to a thread here. I certainly hope that's OK even if it may not agree with OPs point. As is clear, we don;t all find the same things appealing. In the end, all that matters is that we each do the things that we enjoy. OK, done with this topic :)

Cheers.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Beautiful Hawaii. Doesn't matter which Island you are on it is always breath taking!
Can't wait to get back.

Speaking as a person who has NOT yet been to Hawaii, one thing I do agree on in this thread is my vision of Hawaii certainly does not involve looking around high rises for views of the ocean.
But, to each their own....

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Speaking as a person who has NOT yet been to Hawaii, one thing I do agree on in this thread is my vision of Hawaii certainly does not involve looking around high rises for views of the ocean.
But, to each their own....
Each island has its own very different vibe, look, and feel. This is Oahu, Waikiki. My wife loves it. A actually prefer Maui. Entirely different. In WaiKiKi, as you walk along the beach, you pass one hotel after another, most with live music at their beachside bars. Lively. Not the lay-back feel of Maui. But she loves the shopping here.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for sharing @csodjd. I can't wait to visit again this summer.

I enjoy the mix of the people watching and activities of Waikiki after a relaxing week on Maui. I get bored after a while on the other islands.

I'll take this view any day because it's "Better than the best day working..."

(Besides, Diamond Head is iconic.)

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Each island has its own very different vibe, look, and feel. This is Oahu, Waikiki. My wife loves it. A actually prefer Maui. Entirely different. In WaiKiKi, as you walk along the beach, you pass one hotel after another, most with live music at their beachside bars. Lively. Not the lay-back feel of Maui. But she loves the shopping here.

The two places we have been visiting on a regular basis for the past few years are Maui and New York City. We go to each for a different reason. Maui gives us the beauty, and relaxation, of the islands. The temperate weather, wonderful tradewinds, ahhhhhh.

New York City gives me my "city fix". The fast pace, the shopping, the wonderful restaurants, culture with the museums, theater, symphony, etc., etc., etc.

Visiting them both is the best of both worlds.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
The two places we have been visiting on a regular basis for the past few years are Maui and New York City. We go to each for a different reason. Maui gives us the beauty, and relaxation, of the islands. The temperate weather, wonderful tradewinds, ahhhhhh.

New York City gives me my "city fix". The fast pace, the shopping, the wonderful restaurants, culture with the museums, theater, symphony, etc., etc., etc.

Visiting them both is the best of both worlds.

I understand your feeling about Maui giving you the relaxation of the islands and NYC giving you the "city fix". My husband and I grew up in the Bronx and met in Manhattan so we can relate to that "city fix" thought. We have lived on Long Island in the woods with no sidewalks and a big backyard with an in ground heated pool for the last 42 years so we have had enough relaxation for our lifetime. We feel that Honolulu gives us the good weather, the ocean, life without a car and enough "city fix" activities without having to go to another island or another city at this stage of our lives. We have been to all 6 Hawaiian Islands that you can go to and we always say if you must have a car why stay in Honolulu go to another island they are all beautiful and different. We feel that Honolulu is the best of both worlds in one place.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I understand your feeling about Maui giving you the relaxation of the islands and NYC giving you the "city fix". My husband and I grew up in the Bronx and met in Manhattan so we can relate to that "city fix" thought. We have lived on Long Island in the woods with no sidewalks and a big backyard with an in ground heated pool for the last 42 years so we have had enough relaxation for our lifetime. We feel that Honolulu gives us the good weather, the ocean, life without a car and enough "city fix" activities without having to go to another island or another city at this stage of our lives. We have been to all 6 Hawaiian Islands that you can go to and we always say if you must have a car why stay in Honolulu go to another island they are all beautiful and different. We feel that Honolulu is the best of both worlds in one place.
Honestly, I've been to Oahu, and Honolulu, several times in my life. I had the best time ever when I went one summer with my best friend between our Sophomore and Junior years of college. Dh and I took our dds there so that we could all go to Pearl Harbor, and a couple of years back we went for the day to bury dh's aunt's ashes on Waikiki. I was shocked and how much Honolulu had grown, and with all of the designer stores and such. I'm honestly done with it.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Honestly, I've been to Oahu, and Honolulu, several times in my life. I had the best time ever when I went one summer with my best friend between our Sophomore and Junior years of college. Dh and I took our dds there so that we could all go to Pearl Harbor, and a couple of years back we went for the day to bury dh's aunt's ashes on Waikiki. I was shocked and how much Honolulu had grown, and with all of the designer stores and such. I'm honestly done with it.
Of course, there’s always the North Shore, which is entirely different than Honolulu. Last year I spent a week in Waikiki, but then a few days at Turtle Bay along the North Shore.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Of course, there’s always the North Shore, which is entirely different than Honolulu. Last year I spent a week in Waikiki, but then a few days at Turtle Bay along the North Shore.
Yep, been to the North Shore as well.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Indeed, the North Shore, and the Northwest area, is quite nice. Hiking and nature galore, just like Hawai'i at large.

Cheers.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
I can appreciate an ocean view on any of the Hawaiian islands! Each one is unique and beautiful. Enjoy!

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

As I mentioned my husband and I were brought up and met in NYC. We could also say we are done with NYC it since Honolulu gives us "our city fix" as well as our beauty and relaxation fix compared to NYC. It also gives us the Ocean, the beaches, the warm weather year round, unbelievable sunsets, as well as all the shopping, music, shows, and restaurants that we want all without needing a car. We are not done with NYC, we just feel that Honolulu has a lot more to offer us for our needs and desires.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Love the pictures and thanks for posting! HHV rocks and is a great spot — I look forward to next return trip! Enjoy it...

Best,

Greg