• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Key West public transportation?

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are headed to the Hyatt Windward Pointe in 10 days via the Key West Express out of Ft Myers so we will not have a car.
Has anyone used the public bus or any other form of public transportation to get around the island?

Thanks!!
Lisa

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Check out the Key West Conch Tour Train. That would be fun.

dunno if they have a weekly pass . . . they don't

Check out the Key West Trolley, too.

& Key West Transit

Last edited:

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
There are bus routes. see here. https://www.kwtransit.com/map. Depending on how fast, and where, you have some options. You can take a cab from Windward over to the closest "Duval Loop" stop near Catherine and Simonton..(Great burro place and bar there. The Loop is free. And I think you will be in the same zone for the taxi. (Flat rate) The blue loop goes that way as well. Blue and Green If I remember right are the same routes but opposite directions. I find that it takes too much time. So taxi or the loop or walking is the way we get around.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
guess I'm too new to post links . . . I've tried

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies! Looks like there are lots of options and the bus stops right near the resort. With the live tracking you can even see how long of a wait for the bus. Cool!!

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we are here! Bus stops right out front. We haven’t use it yet but will later today. Yesterday we walked half way (after lunch and a few bar stops) and took an Uber the rest of the way to get here. I could have walked but the heat was getting to my husband . The Hyatt Windward Pointe resort does not have a shuttle but has a taxi that will take you downtown for a flat rate of $14 which may be less than an Uber.
I had Publix deliver groceries which is super convienent ....just did it on line and they were delivered in 2 hours....beer and all :)