• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NOLA- Things not to Miss

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Anyone in NOLA between 3/20 and 5/22 make sure you check out Wednesday at the Square (Lafayette Square). It is free concerts on Wednesday evenings along with food venders. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Very fun evening and the food and music are first rate.

Also from mid Sept to around Nov 1 Wednesday at the Square begins its Fall shows!

Last edited:

freeport28

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe 2 weeks, Marriott Grande Ocean Hilton Head, Bouganville Barbados, Marriott Points

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
not sure what your asking but thanks for calling attention to my grammar error

I made the response from my phone and it must have autocorrected... What I was trying to ask is what company did you use for your walking tour?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Don't you just love autocorrect. I try and remember to reread before I hit the "Post" button. But sometines I still have to go back and edit.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Reviving this thread. Checking links from upthread, but we're still looking into NOLA for fun things to see and do. I have a few questions:

We're staying at the Worldmark on St. Charles, and wondering if there are any of the things like the above thread mentions (mainly in the French Quarter) but that are walking-distance near the WM? That's in the Garden District, right? Good restaurants nearby? Hidden eateries or cool shopping areas that are not to be missed? Nearby grocery stores?

On a wider scale, we're interested in touring a Planation home or two that week, but on our terms, (not with an organized tour.) We'll have a car for two days, and want to make the most of it. Is there a "best way" to see them? Oak Alley is one we know we want to see - are there others that are distinct enough not to be missed? If we'll be driving around, I'd like to make sure we make the most of the time with the car.

Is there a best way to see the city without driving? We plan to take the St. Charles streetcar, but I know there is a lot of the city outside that narrow view. We'll take the Natchez riverboat trip, just because it's there, and for the novelty. They don't have riverboats up here in the northwest.

So basically, I'm wondering about touring ideas that will make the most of the week we'll be in town. Seeing the French Quarter for a short time will be enough for us. The rest of it will be exploring the city. We plan to see the WWII museum - are there other museums that are equally good? Is there a city bus tour that's recommended?

Thanks!
Dave

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Anybody have experience with the Hop On Hop Off bus tour? We’re trying to find something to do in the hours after we get off our cruise ship, but before we go to the airport. The website says they run every half hour from 9:30 till 5:30, but is that from a starting point, or from each designated stop? Those first couple of hours are pretty important. Trying to decide if it’s worthwhile spending $39 each for what may turn into little more than a bus ride.

Dave

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
It is a bus ride with a tour guide. See and hear avout all the important sites.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We're thinking just to pay the $36 and take a taxi from the airport for the two of us, when we go to the QH next month. Sound Reasonable?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
In our 2 trips to NOLA (2 weeks 4.5 years ago and 3 weeks 6 months ago) we never had use of a car. We simply took the taxi from the Airport to the timeshare and back. We relied completely on street cars, buses, and our feet even for grocery shopping. You can get a 24 hour pass for buses and street cars for a couple bucks. If you are over 65 the fare is only 25 cents with free transfers.

dima

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the good timeshare to stay in NO and is it available on II?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
We are in NOLA now, staying at our QH balcony for the week.
Couldn’t ask for a nicer staff...so accommodating..from front desk to social events, best in personal care especially Antonio.

Tip for Fellow owners: Make sure to check their front desk for complimentary/no charge tickets to the House of Blues.

To get around, We bring our folding travel bicycles ....giving us a bigger spectrum of views of the city and it’s well planned public park systems. Remember to bring your own cables and padlock.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
After our first trip we thought that when we traveled to NOLA a second time we would simply buy bicycles and then donate them to a charity when we left. Could not do when we returned last October because we had our 75 year old friend that did not ride bicycles.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
After our first trip we thought that when we traveled to NOLA a second time we would simply buy bicycles and then donate them to a charity when we left. Could not do when we returned last October because we had our 75 year old friend that did not ride bicycles.
We do that when we travel in europe. One year we were in regions of Scandinavia for 4 months, and bought 2 bicycles from a yard sale in Denmark ...bought accessories: bike rack for the rental car, lights, baskets, bells etc. we bicycled in all the quaint villages and metro cities in Europe as well..we definitely immersed ourselves with our cycling mode of transportation. hubby donated his bike in Germany, but I couldn’t part with mine...and shipped it stateside :)

Bill4728

Reaction score
We loved the food at Mr Ed's 512 Bienville St (between Decatur and Chartres)
(about 1.5 blocks from the QH)
It has with 5 locations

The grilled oysters were prefect and unlike most NOLA grilled oysters Mr Ed's come with "cheesy" french bread for dipping,

The place seemed very friendly and light.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Anyone in NOLA between 3/20 and 5/22 make sure you check out Wednesday at the Square (Lafayette Square). It is free concerts on Wednesday evenings along with food venders. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Very fun evening and the food and music are first rate.

Also from mid Sept to around Nov 1 Wednesday at the Square begins its Fall shows!
WOW The place was packed with people last Wednesday It looks like you have to get there early for anything but standing room only.
Huge stage with video screen so you can see the performers even from the back of the park.

There were many food tents from the local restaurants