• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Waiohai Room Assignment

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that a document that you can scan & upload to Tug for future reference?

Seems they have since reclassified some of the rooms... So my document is probably not the best to publish...

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm here until Friday the 19th. I will ask my question in front of all the other owners that attend the owners seminar and see what kind of answer I get, then I will speak to the person giving the seminar afterwards and see if they can point me to the correct person to talk to.

We have not switched rooms, but I would like to know if we had another room assigned to us and if it was given away and we got what was left at 8pm. It did say on a response to my survey of room preference that the villas were assigned on the day of arrival.

This is the email I received after I answered their questions.

Aloha from the Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club:

We have received your preferences for villa location and have noted your requests into your reservations. Please note that villa assignments are done the day of arrival and are not guaranteed. However, we will do our best to find the best possible villa that we have available upon your arrival.

If you have any additional requests or if we may be of further assistance, please contact the Front Desk directly at (808) 742-4400. We look forward in seeing you upon your arrival.

We are multiple week owners here, but are only using one of the weeks at this time. We usually get a better room when we stay for 2 consecutive weeks.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm here until Friday the 19th. I will ask my question in front of all the other owners that attend the owners seminar and see what kind of answer I get, then I will speak to the person giving the seminar afterwards and see if they can point me to the correct person to talk to.

We have not switched rooms, but I would like to know if we had another room assigned to us and if it was given away and we got what was left at 8pm. It did say on a response to my survey of room preference that the villas were assigned on the day of arrival.

This is the email I received after I answered their questions.

Aloha from the Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club:

We have received your preferences for villa location and have noted your requests into your reservations. Please note that villa assignments are done the day of arrival and are not guaranteed. However, we will do our best to find the best possible villa that we have available upon your arrival.

If you have any additional requests or if we may be of further assistance, please contact the Front Desk directly at (808) 742-4400. We look forward in seeing you upon your arrival.

We are multiple week owners here, but are only using one of the weeks at this time. We usually get a better room when we stay for 2 consecutive weeks.
First, this has the look of being a significant confrontation. I've been to several owners meetings where this exact issue was asked. Always by one who was unhappy with their unit and always with a significant amount of tension/confrontation. I think you'd do better asking the question of a manager looking at the maps then bring it up again if you aren't satisfied and are prepared for some confrontation. Beyond that, if the room you got is an OV room, someone has to get it and it may as well be you or I. Your experience of getting a better room when staying multiple weeks is c/w mine. I think you can assume that you WERE preassigned to a better unit and they did give it away to someone else. I've only seen a couple of occasions where that was owned up to doing this and I've likely seen 50-60 times or more where it likely happened. When it was admitted, it was never by a manager or supervisor and always with a newer employee.

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also own two ocean view weeks (EOY even) at Waiohai (bought from the developer) and just checked my View Designation Map and 7408 is showing as island view. My map is dated 11/18/03.

Interesting enough, the two rooms 6404 and 6405 to your right are considered ocean view but they do jut out a lot further than your room does.

I have to say that I think you are being amazingly calm. I would have been down there talking to the manager before unpacking.

We have only gone twice so far as owners since we own EOY and always do two weeks back to back (which I think puts you higher on the pecking order) but we have had two amazing rooms - 8209 (ocean front) and 1307.

You definitely should spell out what rooms you are interested in on your room request. (Hale 8 and 1) And also spell out how many Marriott weeks you own.

Good luck to you and let us all know what happens.

Jan

auntdef

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the bldg floors plans dated 8/20/04 for each individual hale and floor.
7408 as well as 7406 are listed as OV as is 7308.

The last time we were there (8/08) my daughter and I walked the property (in & out of bldgs too) with map in hand and highlighted every villa we thought desirable for future stays (we own IV). I don't remember if I asked for the plans from the timeshare ofc or from rooms control, but had no problem getting a copy.

Having visited some people in odd #'d OV rooms in hale 7, I would rather face the interior with a glimpse of the ocean then look over a parking lot with lots of ocean....it is only pretty when standing up looking from inside out, certainly not when standing (or sitting) on the lanai... JMHO. They were also very noisy...vague remembrance of air conditioner condensers being over there (not positive).

molemay

TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended the owner's seminar and room assignments were never spoken of. I remember attending last year and they did go over the priority. I did put my comment on their comment card and received a phone call from someone who deals with assigning rooms at the resort. The story I got was that there were many many multiple week owners there at the time using their weeks, either starting or ending multiple week stays and therefore the best rooms were taken. I asked if it made a difference that I made my reservation at the 13 month mark and she said it didn't. I also asked if coming later in the evening made a difference and she said it didn't. So I basically feel like the villas are randomly assigned if you are just coming for a single week.

Well, I am now at the Ko Olina. I actually split my 3 bedroom lockoff (rented the guest suite) and rented another 3 bedroom unit from another owner. I had spoken to someone directly several weeks ago from the Ko Olina to make sure both units for my family would end up in the same tower and preferably the Naia (newest) tower. It turns out that the locked off guest suite and my rented 3 bedroom unit were assigned to the new tower and my master unit of the 3 bedroom unit was assigned the Moana tower. I literally lost it and the front desk felt so bad they rearranged rooms for me and got us in the Naia tower as well. Now to top it off, my sister and my parents in the rented 3 bedroom are on the 10th floor with a gorgeous view of lagoon 2. I got the a room on the 6th floor with a palm tree view. I am happy we are in the new tower, but I just can't believe my luck this year.

Thanks for all the feedback.

kbreth

TUG Member
Reaction score
View Map?

There are several posts referring to a map of which rooms are ocean or island view. We purchased there in 2003 and I never received such document. Can someone send me a copy?

My mother-in-law will be staying there in July and hopefully I can help her out in requesting a good room. Last time we stayed there 3 years ago we stayed in Hale 8 on the 1st floor near the playground, which was great for our 4 year old at the time.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an electronic copy of the Waiohai view assignment map or list of view assignments in a disclosure statement? Or know where one is posted?

This morning I accepted this as a challenge and despite finding innumerable villa maps for MOC, Ko Olina, and Waikoloa, resort maps for pretty much everywhere, and even a disclosure statement for Ko Olina, I have found no Waiohai villa assignment information online.

Any help would be appreciated.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Post #2 has the only map I've seen, though I believe someone annotated it with views, but can't find a copy.
From the thread I see that...

According to a map I obtained [in 2008]...

My map shows...My document has a revision date of 11/28/03

I have a Disclosure Statement (revised 8/2/2005)...

I ...just checked my View Designation Map...My map is dated 11/18/03.

I have the bldg floors plans dated 8/20/04...

...so the Waiohai room allocation map must exist...somewhere. But vacationtime1 is the only TUG'er I 'know' from the forums.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We will be at Waiohai in November and own IV. We will be requesting an ADA villa, hopefully with a roll in shower. Has anyone stayed in an ADA unit they liked, or know where some of the ADA units are located? We are hoping to avoid a parking lot view and get a ground level unit.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at Waiohai in November and own IV. We will be requesting an ADA villa, hopefully with a roll in shower. Has anyone stayed in an ADA unit they liked, or know where some of the ADA units are located? We are hoping to avoid a parking lot view and get a ground level unit.
They should be reserved, not just a request. You need to call Customer Service to make sure it's linked to a HC villa.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
They should be reserved, not just a request. You need to call Customer Service to make sure it's linked to a HC villa.
I will call them ASAP! Just got off the phone with a very nice young man who said they would reserve an ADA unit with ground floor preference. Thanks for the great advice!

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will call them ASAP! Just got off the phone with a very nice young man who said they would reserve an ADA unit with ground floor preference. Thanks for the great advice!
Sure. The way it is supposed to work now is they hold those rooms until the last taking them out of service once reserved as a HC villa. Then the leftovers have to go somewhere. Glad it worked out as getting there or making a requests later is a recipe for not being successful. Nice resort and fairly easy to get around with mobility issues.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since this original thread is about Waiohai rooms, I was wondering if anyone has stayed in an ADA room and can give me some suggestions. Since we own IV, I know our view will be limited. I am just hoping we are not overlooking a parking lot. Bottom line is that we will always take an ADA room no matter the view.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since this original thread is about Waiohai rooms, I was wondering if anyone has stayed in an ADA room and can give me some suggestions. Since we own IV, I know our view will be limited. I am just hoping we are not overlooking a parking lot. Bottom line is that we will always take an ADA room no matter the view.
Maybe someone knows the layout there as to HC rooms. Honestly I don’t know how MVC does this but DVC actually assigns you to a specific room as part of the HC designation process.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I just saw a review that specified 8108 as an ADA room.....but I'm pretty sure we were once assigned an ADA room on the ground floor corner (maybe 5108?) that had dedicated HC parking on the parking area directly adjacent to the room.....

So, they may be spread out.
Good luck!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just saw a review that specified 8108 as an ADA room.....but I'm pretty sure we were once assigned an ADA room on the ground floor corner (maybe 5108?) that had dedicated HC parking on the parking area directly adjacent to the room.....

So, they may be spread out.
Good luck!
Thanks! I’m not going to worry about it, we will get what we get... We’re pretty used to it, we are just glad that we can still travel.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
They are spread out, not necessarily on the ground floor, but close to elevator. Some IV ADA rooms have pretty good views. Can't give specific units.
They can also provide assistance in any non ADA room. They can provide a shower seat and change the sprayer to hand-held. I know that only helps a bit, but still...

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Waiohai villa view assignment - I now have a copy of the building floors plans dated 8/20/04 (shown below). If anyone can get something 'nicer' out of the room control office (or sales office) and post a photo I would appreciate it (We're 18 months or so from our next visit to Waiohai). TIA.
waiohai villa map 1st fl.jpg
waiohai villa map 2nd fl.jpg
waiohai villa map 3rd fl.jpg
waiohai villa map 4th fl.jpg

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are spread out, not necessarily on the ground floor, but close to elevator. Some IV ADA rooms have pretty good views. Can't give specific units.
They can also provide assistance in any non ADA room. They can provide a shower seat and change the sprayer to hand-held. I know that only helps a bit, but still...
Thanks Brian!

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Waiohai villa view assignment - I now have a copy of the building floors plans dated 8/20/04 (shown below). If anyone can get something 'nicer' out of the room control office (or sales office) and post a photo I would appreciate it (We're 18 months or so from our next visit to Waiohai). TIA.
View attachment 11291 View attachment 11292 View attachment 11293 View attachment 11294

Outstanding! This will be very helpful in the future once our new EOY Odd IV week at Waiohai closes. Thanks so much for posting this.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Those are great!

Did some math:
  • 238 total rooms
  • 108 are 2BR OV (1407, 1310, 2402, and 8303 are ADA)
  • 124 are 2BR IV (2206*, 3203, 4101, 5102, 7101, 8108 are ADA)
  • 6 are Studio Hotel IV rooms (none of which is ADA)
* 2206 is the only IV ADA room that has some ocean view.
All of the ADA rooms appear to be very near an elevator.
Waiohai room key: XYZZ (X=Hale, Y=Floor, ZZ=Room). Waiohai Hales have 4 floors.

For owners, 46.5% of the 2BR rooms are Ocean view. Frankly, I would have guessed it was about 30% before I saw that room classification map.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Those are great!

Did some math:
  • 238 total rooms

For owners, 46.5% of the 2BR rooms are Ocean view. Frankly, I would have guessed it was about 30% before I saw that room classification map.
Thank you, Brian! Very helpful!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those are great!

Did some math:
  • 238 total rooms

Good information, thanks. How to use this info depends on how Marriott creates the reservation. If they lock it in to a specific unit, as I suspect they do, one will need to make that request known at the time of booking or shortly thereafter and book the best villa available.. I'd say either at the time of booking when calling or if one reserves online, calling or emailing the specific request. MVC could balk at doing it this way and make it a "request" even if they do book it to a specific unit. They may not want to disclose the villa number. If they just match up number of HC units reserved, I'd still get the request onto the reservation as early as possible.