• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

San Diego County Tax Sale Auction (503 timeshares)

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
If anyone is interested, here is the link to the San Diego County tax sale auction:

https://sdttc.mytaxsale.com/

There are 503 timeshares for sale and you have register by April 18th to participate.

Happy bidding!

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Sure are a lot of Sand Pebble and Winner's Circle in that list.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Here are some of the locations:

Sand Pebbles
Winners Circle
Coronado Beach Resort
Gaslamp Plaza
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
How can you tell which are the 2 bedroom units at Sand Pebbles?

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Question on how this works for these TS. So the taxman sells it off for arrears, I win. Then are there fees involved to transfer the deed? can the TS get their sticky fingers in this? And the amount of tax in arrears, is that for one week or a year or? Not really interested in buying, just curious.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whoa -- this does not bode well for Solana Beach and Winners Circle. Curious how/why there can be such a wide variance in prices on similar units -- $100 to $1,000+.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be very curious to hear if anyone has bought one of these in the past - did you have to catch up the arrears on the maintenance fees? That would generally make it not worth doing, imo...

truckinusa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
It may just be a formality and not make sense for anyone to bid on these. I’d be curious to hear also. If you bought a defined week at Welk can that easily be traded to another location in the Welk system? Kinda wondering if you would have to pay for a points conversion to truly take advantage of their network.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
Not sure how the maintenance fees in arrears works out, but the variance in amounts is due to the taxes being due. If you win the auction, you become the legal owner. I've never participated, but I've noticed in the past that some of the HOAs will buy back units through the tax sale. So, you might see that happen this time, too.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Yep, we had a thread on this last year and there were a lot of Marriott NCV that ended up back with Marriott.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

truckinusa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Yep, we had a thread on this last year and there were a lot of Marriott NCV that ended up back with Marriott.

How do these end up being a tax sale. I am sure you pay taxes indirectly but there is no tax bill on a timeshare.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not sure how it works in other places, but for all my CA timeshares, I pay the taxes separately to the county.

Only my RAVC membership, which is based in Hawaii and not tied to a single resort, is the taxes included with the maintenance fees.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How do these end up being a tax sale. I am sure you pay taxes indirectly but there is no tax bill on a timeshare.

The owners haven’t paid the tax bill and there is bound to be unpaid maintenance fees also. The tax assessor has the right to sell them for unpaid taxes.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The owners haven’t paid the tax bill and there is bound to be unpaid maintenance fees also. The tax assessor has the right to sell them for unpaid taxes.

If there are unpaid MF's won't you have to pay these to the timeshare organization before you can actually use them?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If there are unpaid MF's won't you have to pay these to the timeshare organization before you can actually use them?

You could offer a compromise of arrears that the HOA is willing to accept.

I dug into a few of them last time and there was a way to see what year the taxes were last paid. You have to assume the owner did not pay MF if the tax was unaffordable. The HOA may have written off some of the bad debt.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone buy one of these ? A lot did not sell, numerous units were sold to a small number of the same people and some resorts bought a lot of their own units back. I bet if they made their website more user friendly, so you could actually see what size and week of unit you were buying, they would recoup a lot more money.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Scanning through the results ...
  • 33 were REDEEMED prior to auction.
  • 2 were WITHDRAWN prior to auction.
  • 256 received NO BID.
  • Winners Circle Resort purchased 81 at 550 VIA DE LA VALLE SOLANA BEACH CA 92075-2459. I assume these are Winner's Circle Resort.
  • Vacation Services West purchased 60 at 550 VIA DE LA VALLE SOLANA BEACH CA 92075-2459. I assume these are Winner's Circle Resort.
  • Diamond Resorts purchased 17 on Pappas Road. I assume these are San Diego Country Estates.
  • hamid liaghat purchased 12 at 535 S HIGHWAY 101 SOLANA BEACH CA 92075-2211. I assume these are Sand Pebbles.
  • Alzhan Stamkulov purchased 12 in various locations.
  • 7 unique names took only 1 each. 10 unique names took between 2 to 11 each.

Last edited: