• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKV limiting hotel pool use during high demand times?

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I just booked WKV during 4th of July week and read a disclaimer on vistana's website "Villa guest access to the pools at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa may be restricted in times of high demand."

Anyone experience this or know when high demand might be? If it includes 4th of July, it kinda defeats my purpose of booking that week. :doh:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Kierland Villas has its own pool. You do not need to go to the hotel for pool access. Because the properties are separate we don't use the hotel facilities at all other than their restaurants.

It is going to be scorching hot. June-Sept is not a time I want to be in Scottsdale.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It seems almost every post about WDW, WMH, WKV, or SDO for summer use receives responses with opinions about the weather. Not sure why it always happens, but whatever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Westin Kierland Villas has its own pool. You do not need to go to the hotel for pool access.
Don't they have a lazy river at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa? Kind of like at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve? Sure you don't need to go to the other properties, but it is a great perk to have.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Westin Kierland Villas has its own pool. You do not need to go to the hotel for pool access. Because the properties are separate we don't use the hotel facilities at all other than their restaurants.

It is going to be scorching hot. June-Sept is not a time I want to be in Scottsdale.
We live in Scottsdale. ;) It's a "staycation" and we want to be able to use the pools at the hotel, otherwise we'd just swim in our backyard. :D

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We live in Scottsdale. ;) It's a "staycation" and we want to be able to use the pools at the hotel, otherwise we'd just swim in our backyard. :D

Great answer. Gosh, are you sure you want to go there in the summer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems almost every post about WDW, WMH, WKV, or SDO for summer use receives responses with opinions about the weather. Not sure why it always happens, but whatever.
Yup. For me personally, pool weather is when it's 105, not 70.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at WKV twice in August and there were lots of people there both times. Nevertheless, we were still able to use the lazy river at the hotel with no restriction. I doubt there'll be one even during July 4 week. You can always call them and ask. And even if it turns out they do, they have a great family pool at the villas. Your kids will have plenty of fun there.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I’m afraid it is probably March weeks when we like to go. We spend our whole week over at the hotel pool and lazy river. We like it much better there.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I LIVE in scorching weather in the same desert/heat belt and June-Sept is not a time I want to be in the pool under the sun. Whatever.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
we just went a few weeks ago for Spring training and Spring Break. Kierland said it was one of their busiest weeks of the year.
There were no limits on using the hotel pool. However, we were cautioned to not bring anything with us if we went over to the hotel pool, because there were no chairs or anywhere to leave your stuff. All seats/spots were fully occupied.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
In the summer they have day use of the hotel pools for local residents and it get mobbed. We gave my daughter and her husband a staycation and there were great kids activities by the slide and lazy river but no where to sit. We preferred short visits there for the kids but the residence club pool was very peaceful

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We go there during the middle of January for the Barrett-Jackson auction. Highs are in the high 60's to low 70's, so we don't even care about the pools. We go down to the hotel to watch the piper and enjoy the Scotch bar and restaurants. The whole complex is just amazing.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I lived in Paradise Valley for 5 years. I prefer Phoenix summers over south Florida's.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Perhaps they are trying to pacify any grumblers who can't get a chair during high pool season. I mean, if you can't get a chair, that's going to be an uncomfortable day.