• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

13 month availability for Chairman’s Club Members

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to reserve 10 nights in Hawaii for my granddaughter’s honeymoon May 11 to May 21, 2020. Five nights in Kauai Beach Club and five nights at Ko Olina

When I look at the availability calendar the open dates begin on May 5th 2020.

Shouldn’t I be seeing availability beginning on May 8th 2020? That’s 13 months from today.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
13 months out for May 11, 2020 is April 9 2019. You are one day early.

Inventory is released on every Tuesday. You should see May 8 2020 tomorrow.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that inventory availability at 13 months varies a lot by resort and time period. Some resorts don't release inventory at that time, and others only release studio or 3BR. I hope you are successful in getting the reservation you want.

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
This explains some issues I've had booking properties. Do Chairman's Club members still get first crack at availability or is it simply a non-guaranteed benefit that is in essence, no benefit at all?

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
13 months out for May 11, 2020 is April 9 2019. You are one day early.

Inventory is released on every Tuesday. You should see May 8 2020 tomorrow.

That explains it. I really never knew that. Thank you!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
This explains some issues I've had booking properties. Do Chairman's Club members still get first crack at availability or is it simply a non-guaranteed benefit that is in essence, no benefit at all?
It’s in the description as a Chairman’s Club benefit. Of course none of this is written in cement and Marriott could change the rules at any time.

13-Month Window
Owner | Seven nights or more (with 20% additional Vacation Club Points)
Select | Seven nights or more
Executive, Presidential or Chairman's Club | One night or more

Since I want to reserve 5 nights at MKW—I can reserve at 13 months, on April 9, 2019 for May 11, 2020.

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's the stated policy but it's only functional if the properties open up their availability in accordance with the schedule. My experience is that they don't necessarily do that. I would think that whenever the laggards do open up availability, that the benefit timelines need to be adjusted to accommodate the beneficiaries at every level in sequence. As far as I can tell, that isn't happening.

jeepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's the stated policy but it's only functional if the properties open up their availability in accordance with the schedule. My experience is that they don't necessarily do that. I would think that whenever the laggards do open up availability, that the benefit timelines need to be adjusted to accommodate the beneficiaries at every level in sequence. As far as I can tell, that isn't happening.
I believe they hold back 50% of the available points (not weeks) inventory until the 12 month date. And, some resorts remain heavily as weeks inventory (some of which is enrolled, but not yet elected). I don’t think it has anything to do with laggards opening up their inventory. Cheers.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Contrary to what some salespeople claim about the points system, it's still subject to availability just like good old weeks.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed that at 6am Pacific Time, there was zero Ocean View units available except for studios, at MKO at 13 months out. I spoke with MVC and she told me to try at 12 months. A week after 13 months out, a 2BR Ocean View, part of a 3BR unit opened up and I booked it. I continue to randomly check for it - it is for April 2020. I really want a dedicated 2BR Ocean View but I will settle for what I have booked if nothing else shows up at 12 months.

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea
I’m trying to reserve 10 nights in Hawaii for my granddaughter’s honeymoon May 11 to May 21, 2020. Five nights in Kauai Beach Club and five nights at Ko Olina

When I look at the availability calendar the open dates begin on May 5th 2020.

Shouldn’t I be seeing availability beginning on May 8th 2020? That’s 13 months from today.

You can always go to the MVC website, log-in as Owner, go to Education & Resources>Helpful Tools>When Can I Reserve>pick "Using My Week" or "Using My Vacation Points". Depending on the resort and also whether you are using weeks or points, the schedule is slightly different. However, using this "Helpful Tool" saves one the hassle of trying to count the number of days because it will give you the exact day either 13 months or 12 months out.

As to Chairman's Club members getting first crack at 13 months, the answer is yes although as others have also said, availability may not always be there. The reason is that often, multiweek owners are allowed to reserve as many continuous weeks as they have available (as long as it is continuous) so somebody who wants your May 8th date could theoretically reserve this as early as March 25, 2019. They would be able to reserve this date if they were reserving the weeks starting April 24, 2020, May 1, 2020 and May 8, 2020. (It's an advantage for those who have multiple weeks...I'm not familiar with reservations using vacation points.) My experience has been that there often is availability at the 12 month period but also even mid-day the 13th month day or later in that week. This is because one strategy people will use is that if one has multiple weeks, they will begin reserving earlier in the year but keep rolling the reservations forward and cancelling the earlier weeks. It often allows you to secure a difficult week (e.g. President's Week) by starting your reservations a few weeks earlier because you had multiple weeks that allowed you to implement this reservation strategy.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried to reserve five nights starting May 11, 2020. It’s 8:18 AM here on the East Coast. All I can see are reservations beginning on May 5, 2020. Will this change sometime today?

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea
I’d call instead of using website. Much easier unless you hit bad wait times.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I just tried to reserve five nights starting May 11, 2020. It’s 8:18 AM here on the East Coast. All I can see are reservations beginning on May 5, 2020. Will this change sometime today?

Inventory is released at 9am Eastern, so you were early.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Inventory is released at 9am Eastern, so you were early.
Jim, this has not been my experience at least not consistently. I've seen it availability starting around MN or after several times.