• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interested in II trader

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
So we currently have Wyndham and the ability to trade into RCI. In the future, also being able to trade into II, with some of the brands and locations has a big appeal to me. I'm looking for advice on the best value/place for trading. I looked through the forums and didn't see anything. Buying resale above the cost of transfer fees would be out of budget, so the big named resorts would not be likely.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we currently have Wyndham and the ability to trade into RCI. In the future, also being able to trade into II, with some of the brands and locations has a big appeal to me. I'm looking for advice on the best value/place for trading. I looked through the forums and didn't see anything. Buying resale above the cost of transfer fees would be out of budget, so the big named resorts would not be likely.

If you want a big named resort without paying anything for it then I would advise you to keep your eyes on the TUG Bargain Forum and try to snatch something there.

Most TUGGERS will recommend to buy where you will go to, however buying for trading is also sometimes done.

Big names rarely come up on the Bargain Forum, but they do in fact show up on occasion. With that said, be prepared to act fast should you spot one as these are snapped up quickly.

Best of luck!

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Foxrun in Lake Lure, NC trades well in II and usually gets a bonus week certificate for depositing. They are 2 BR units and the MF was in the 700's when I owned.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The trading power does change over time but i do believe that the Vistana (Sheraton and Westin) and Marriott resorts are well positioned to remain good traders in the foreseeable future:

- the resorts are well managed and maintained
- Vistana - Vistana and Marriott-Marriott priority
- Interval is owned by Marriott and because they are all under the same umbrella now, it is hard for me to see them placing their own resort in an unfavorable position in the future

Among my contracts. the studio at Westin Lagunamar and the small 1 bedroom at Sheraton Vistana Resort (the Cascades phase) , both platinum season, are very good traders with low MF. I know from TUG that the 1 bdr at SDO and SBP are falling into the same category.
I do not own it but Marriott Chateau in Las Vegas seems to be a great trader.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The best trader overall would be a Sheraton Desert Oasis (all are lockoff 2 bedrooms for two trades), or Sheraton Broadway Plantation (I would also buy a lockoff). Both do well, but I believe SDO does slightly better.

The Foxrun suggestion, I am unsure of today. I believe Foxrun has dropped below the quality rating needed to get the best trading power. I have a friend who is very disappointed at the drop in trading power.

I should also point out that the fees are under $1,200 for these gorgeous units, and even the small side of the lockoffs have very decent kitchens AND washer/dryer, so that little side is a bundle of value and is treated as such by II.

You can get SDO 1-52 and do very well, too. All of these units are FREE.

I figure since I have to pay an annual fee anyway, I might as well travel more on our many weeks.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I have added 2 SDOs for trading power and or rental. One I found via RedWeek and other via EBAY. You just have to keep looking.
I would look through Bargain Basement and check out the many offerings. Many ads will indicate trading power. Depending what you want to trade into, one of those options maybe viable depending on your ultimate goals. (We’re West Coast so I only will buy where we can actually use).

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can sell a Platinum, 2 bedroom Marriott at the Branson for $1. Buyer to pay closing costs only. Excellent trader with II. About $1250 annual HOA dues.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
PM you Sjuhawk_jd

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I can sell a Platinum, 2 bedroom Marriott at the Branson for $1. Buyer to pay closing costs only. Excellent trader with II. About $1250 annual HOA dues.
If you give it away for $0 instead of $1 Marriott won’t exercise ROFR (I gave a gold Marriott Willow Ridge away for free and Marriott waived ROFR because it was a gift).

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
The Marriott preference is priceless....if you can afford the MF's; which aren't bad IMO for the low-end Marriotts.

Also, Worldmark makes a great Interval trader: cheap to buy, cheap to own, easy to use (instead of trade), RCI or II, rent what you can't use.
when you're done....easy to sell as well.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR

Marriott exercised ROFR on my last purchase of Platinum Willow Ridge at $10. I tried again with $300 + $250 transfer fees with reimbursment of MF that year and it passed.