• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

resort release

Reaction score
I will be doing this on my own. You all have opened my eyes tremendously. I never praised any of these companies, just wanted to hear and learn the truth, the real way to get 'out' of my timeshare. Thank you all!

s0nginmyheart

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
Hey all - we converted to Diamond ownership in October 2018 (we were on a sampler package since January 2018), so we are still paying monthly. However, at both Diamond sales presentations we were told many lies and have been unhappy with our experiences, customer service, etc. If everyone says don't use Resort Release, how do we go about honestly cancelling our timeshare with Diamond?

We spoke to Resort Release yesterday because we are getting desperate about canceling our timeshare. Basically, RR says the cost is $5700. They can spread this cost in 4 installments. They said that an attorney would take our case and handle the cancellation, but that there is a 100% money back guarantee. I mentioned putting the money in an escrow but she said that wasn't really an option.

I completely get not trusting a company to handle something like this (scams), but I'm hoping that there is someone on here that has actually used them and could give their honest review and outcome? Or some other alternatives to make this headache go away.... Thanks in advance.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey all - we converted to Diamond ownership in October 2018 (we were on a sampler package since January 2018), so we are still paying monthly. However, at both Diamond sales presentations we were told many lies and have been unhappy with our experiences, customer service, etc. If everyone says don't use Resort Release, how do we go about honestly cancelling our timeshare with Diamond?

We spoke to Resort Release yesterday because we are getting desperate about canceling our timeshare. Basically, RR says the cost is $5700. They can spread this cost in 4 installments. They said that an attorney would take our case and handle the cancellation, but that there is a 100% money back guarantee. I mentioned putting the money in an escrow but she said that wasn't really an option.

I completely get not trusting a company to handle something like this (scams), but I'm hoping that there is someone on here that has actually used them and could give their honest review and outcome? Or some other alternatives to make this headache go away.... Thanks in advance.

$5,700 in 4 installments? Money back guarantee? Sounds like you've been drinking too much cool aid.

Once you pay a nickel nothing will happen, and you'll never get your money back. Your money will be long gone!

If you are that desperate to unload your timeshares then post them on TUG under the Bargain section and just give them away.

Alternatively, you could post them on eBay with a starting bid of $1 and let the high bidder have them.

If you need someone to handle the paperwork then use LTTransfers. www.LTTransfers.com

LTTransfers is highly recommended by a lot of TUG members for ethical work (and behavior).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you can give your DRI ownership back to them for $750 assuming its paid off.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I will be doing this on my own. You all have opened my eyes tremendously. I never praised any of these companies, just wanted to hear and learn the truth, the real way to get 'out' of my timeshare. Thank you all!

Any update? This thread popped back up after 7 months and now has me wondering what ever happened with your situation. I don’t see where you ever posted the timeshare for free here at TUG, did you decide to keep it and make the most of it?

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are that desperate to unload your timeshares then post them on TUG under the Bargain section and just give them away.

Alternatively, you could post them on eBay with a starting bid of $1 and let the high bidder have them.

People don't buy timeshares with mortgages outstanding. Same with accepting them for free. Especially Diamond Resorts. The poster is asking if anybody has been successful in using Resort Release, who has a BBB rating of A, and very few complaints. Only problem is - people don't come back and share their experiences, either positive or negative. These exit companies seem to use some black magic that they don't discuss with the client. They just say, "Trust us." And the potential client has to make a decision. If I was in the client's shoes - I would default, because I don't like the idea of spending big bucks knowing these companies can close tomorrow. Castle Law Group did just that.

s0nginmyheart

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
$5,700 in 4 installments? Money back guarantee? Sounds like you've been drinking too much cool aid.

Once you pay a nickel nothing will happen, and you'll never get your money back. Your money will be long gone!

If you need someone to handle the paperwork then use LTTransfers. www.LTTransfers.com

LTTransfers is highly recommended by a lot of TUG members for ethical work (and behavior).

Thanks, but if you read my reply you'd see that I stated we are new timeshare owners, are still paying it off, and are looking to get out. Your suggestions are not helpful unfortunately.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your suggestions are not helpful unfortunately.

Neither is using Resort Release or any other company or law firm that claims it can get you out of your TS with a mortgage still owing on it.

The truth might hurt here but the best suggestion we can give you, considering your predicament, is to stop all payments on your mortgage and MFs. Yes you will lose the money you've sunk into this so far. Yes, you will face a barrage of collection calls and letters. Yes, you will probably suffer a ding on your credit rating, but at least you will stop the financial bleeding and "get out" from this situation.