• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HRA occupancy in 1br Premium

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
We haven't been to HRA since they changed the occupancy of the 1br premium unit. Trying to figure out if we can make it work for 5 in the 1br Premium instead of having to use the whole 2br L/O for 5 people. We know not to show up at check-in desk w/5 people...lol. Not asking about size of the unit, as we have been there, and 1br Premium is large enough. If we go with 5 (and a blow up) is there any issue/problem getting enough wristbands (ie: 4 the 1st day for the 7 days and 5th person gets one on 2nd day for 6 days?)?

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the 5th wrist band would be a problem unless you found friends. Maybe you could try the smaller 2BR that fits 6 people.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They will not give you 5 wristbands. The number of wristbands = the published occupancy of the unit.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have heard of someone getting 4 wristbands and the 5th holding onto their keycard as proof throughout the property.

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They will not give you 5 wristbands. The number of wristbands = the published occupancy of the unit.
I know they won't give us 5 at once. But last time we were there, they gave us the number of the occupancy (4 in this case) at the towel hut that were valid for the entire stay. I we took them off, they would give us another 4 the next day (no ID check). So my question is more, if someone doesn't remove their wristband at night, can the other 4 (or 1) go get a wristband the next day?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have heard of someone getting 4 wristbands and the 5th holding onto their keycard as proof throughout the property.
So they used their keycard in place of an armband in the water park?

Last edited:

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the 5th wrist band would be a problem unless you found friends. Maybe you could try the smaller 2BR that fits 6 people.
We own a 2br L/O and would like to rent out the smaller 1br and only use the larger 1br side, so the 2br for 6 is not really an option.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow - that's pretty amazing.

Kilam262

Reaction score
I know they won't give us 5 at once. But last time we were there, they gave us the number of the occupancy (4 in this case) at the towel hut that were valid for the entire stay. I we took them off, they would give us another 4 the next day (no ID check). So my question is more, if someone doesn't remove their wristband at night, can the other 4 (or 1) go get a wristband the next day?
I was just there in July last year and we changed our bands every day, so it is possible for one person to keep the band on. Additionally as @tschwa2 mentioned, you can use either your room key or the wrist band without a problem.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a 2br L/O and would like to rent out the smaller 1br and only use the larger 1br side, so the 2br for 6 is not really an option.
There are 2BR Lockoff units that can be split as you suggest that can accommodate up to 8 people and there are also 2BR (non lock off) units that accommodate up to 6 people. In your case where you own the 2BR LO maybe you rent the small size to a family of 3 and use the extra wrist band legitimately?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are 2BR Lockoff units that can be split as you suggest that can accommodate up to 8 people and there are also 2BR (non lock off) units that accommodate up to 6 people.
He isn't suggesting that there isn't 6 person dedicated 2 bedrooms just that he doesn't have access to one.
There are fewer 2 BR non lockoff (phase 2 only) than 2 BR lock off (phase 1 and 2) and some use the 2 BR non lock off as part of the 3 BR lock off making even fewer available.

The OP has a 1 br premium that he owns (part of the 2 BR lock off) that he wants to use for 5 people, he isn't looking to rent or exchange for anything. If he can fit 5 like he has done in the past, he will rent out the smaller half of the lock off.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
He isn't suggesting that there isn't 6 person dedicated 2 bedrooms just that he doesn't have access to one.
There are fewer 2 BR non lockoff (phase 2 only) than 2 BR lock off (phase 1 and 2) and some use the 2 BR non lock off as part of the 3 BR lock off making even fewer available.

The OP has a 1 br premium that he owns (part of the 2 BR lock off) that he wants to use for 5 people, he isn't looking to rent or exchange for anything. If he can fit 5 like he has done in the past, he will rent out the smaller half of the lock off.
I got that after I posted. Thanks

LICAL3

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you cannot get 5 wristbands if you are in a 1br premium from the beginning (I'm not asking about bedding, just wristbands)? Vistana's policy now is only 4 wristbands for a 1br premium unit?

But you can get 4 wristbands and those 4 people keep them on/intact, and the following day have the 5th person go to the towel hut and get a wristband with the 1br premium room key? Just playing devils advocate here....what prevents anyone from having lets say 6 or 7, etc people in a 1br premium (or deluxe, etc) and doing the same thing, having different people show up at the towel hut for wristbands at different times/days while the original set of wristbands are still intact/ being worn?

We are a family of 5...and this is such a huge problem now for us.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
The wristbands are annoying to me and I always rip them off. I have never had an issue requesting a new one at any time. I would imagine what you are suggesting is possible, if against the rules.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
When I was last at Harborside, I recall receiving a new wrist band every day. I’d be surprised if that’s changed. I’m not going to dinner with a wrist band lol

IIRC, the bands were different colors each day, so we had to get new ones anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smithsingeneva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN (resale)
The wristbands are annoying to me and I always rip them off. I have never had an issue requesting a new one at any time. I would imagine what you are suggesting is possible, if against the rules.

When I was last at Harborside, I recall receiving a new wrist band every day. I’d be surprised if that’s changed. I’m not going to dinner with a wrist band lol

IIRC, the bands were different colors each day, so we had to get new ones anyway.

We were there the second week of March. Bands were given at both the Harborside pool and at Atlantis. One day, the system was down at Harborside and we had to get bands in Atlantis. Although the resort was busy, getting bands at Atlantis only took 5 minutes.

We were given a choice - keep the bands on permanently or come back daily to replace. We did both, with some days only one of our party needing a band. The bands did not seem to change color although other guests did have differnet colors than us - think it was based on departure date.

You may have problems getting 5 bands on the first day as they do slide your key card. Thereafter, it would be possible to obtain one additional band if you claim a member of your party removed theirs. Not that I’m advocating this, of course...

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

It changed. The wristbands have your check out date printed on the band now. In fact I've had them comment when I went to get another one that I could keep the same one on for the entire week. I agree with not wanting to wear it all day and night for 7 days.