• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where in the US to go in August?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
thank Mary Ann - but what is RMNP?

Rocky Mountain National Park

When we arrived- the front desk had home made cookies. Then at the front door in our freestanding cabin they put up a sign that said- Welcome Home The Pumilias and inside had a fresh fruit bowl on the kitchen table. Really nice touches. If I lived out West this is a timeshare I would own at. Very family oriented with a of of long time owners.Check out the website. I think it has the resort feel you are looking for. That said- hard to get if you are trying to exchange. Renting would be better at this point in time. It is a small resort and most of the owners and their families use their timeshares or else put them in the resort's rental pool.

https://www.luxuryestesparkcabins.com/

Another option is maybe you can check out booking your stay the YMCA of the Rockies. Tons of activities- very popular.

https://ymcarockies.org/

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thanks All! I have been researching your suggestions.

Outbanks NC/Tennessee - I assumed since south of us the humidity would be nasty, so it wasn't even on my radar.
Alaska would be nice, one of my favorite vacations so far, but won't fit this trips budget.
Tahoe - very good possibility. DH and I were married in Lake Tahoe and it would be fun to go back to the area!
Pacific NW - another good idea. My brother just moved to Washington state. I can see availability in OR

A lot of New England ski resorts have done a great job converting their mountains over to summer fun destinations. I was thinking the mountains out west may have done the same, but I'm really not finding anything that reflects that. Flights to Denver are easy and priced very low.

The research continues!
If flights into Denver are reasonable priced, I would look in Colorado too. There are a lot of timeshare resorts there, although getting Estes Park may be difficult. But you can do the west side or RMNP from the Vail area. My daughter and I stayed in Beaver Creek last year and while we spent most of our time in the Beaver Creek/Vail area (a good selection of hiking there) we did a day trip into the park. I remember it as being an easy drive of a couple of hours. You wouldn't want to do it every day, but once during your trip would be great.

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should consider Whistler? There are lots of outdoor activities, a walkable village with weekly outdoor concerts, and its only two hours from Vancouver.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
...As it turned out, the day after our arrival I developed acute appendicitis, was rushed to hospital, operated on and spent the remainder of my holiday in hospital.

Boy, what a trip that turned out to be! As a patient from out of the country, curious what your thoughts on your US hospital experience were like.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I can endorse Granby, CO. Sent my Son, DIL, and 2 GD's there last summer at the Worldmark. They wanted to escape the heat of SLC for a week. They had a grand time at the Resort and in the National Park.

Park City Utah is also a good place. There are numerous timeshares - Marriott, Wyndham, Worldmark, RVC, etc. We spent 3 weeks there when our first GD was born. There are lots of summer time activities to include very serious Mountain Biking on the Ski Slopes.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, rain in Tahoe is pretty unusual in the summer. We go each year to Marriott's Timber Lodge.

Jul Aug
Average high in °F: 74 75
Average low in °F: 50 50
Av. precipitation in inch: 0.43 0.67

I think you would be very happy there!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well......decision made. We are headed back to San Antonio for no other reason as the price was right. II had an incredible getawau deal at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch and we love that resort - the pools are great and we have been this particular week in the past and the resort is dead so we practically have pools, slides and lazy river to ourselves.

Add to it that, cheap Southwest flights and I can pick up a SeaWorld Park Plantinum pass for only $189 while starting in San Antonio ... it just works out. We have Williamsburg, Orlando, Tampa and San Diego trips in the planning for the upcoming year and these passes will cover all admission to all 11 of their parks in these areas.

So.....as they say, money talks. Although we are not exploring someplace new, we are still going to a great place!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Enjoy the trip!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Well......decision made. We are headed back to San Antonio for no other reason as the price was right. II had an incredible getawau deal at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch and we love that resort - the pools are great and we have been this particular week in the past and the resort is dead so we practically have pools, slides and lazy river to ourselves.

Add to it that, cheap Southwest flights and I can pick up a SeaWorld Park Plantinum pass for only $189 while starting in San Antonio ... it just works out. We have Williamsburg, Orlando, Tampa and San Diego trips in the planning for the upcoming year and these passes will cover all admission to all 11 of their parks in these areas.

So.....as they say, money talks. Although we are not exploring someplace new, we are still going to a great place!
Isn't the planning fun? I always have more places to visit than I have time for. SOMEDAY. Our next "big" vacation is going to be Williamsburg. Hopefully in 2021. I had sort of figured we'd go next summer....but the natives voted for going to Smuggs in July of 2020, so that kind of messed up my plan! I love that they have "old favorites" when it comes to resorts. Your DD probably has a short list as well!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Sounds great! Enjoy!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Our next "big" vacation is going to be Williamsburg. Hopefully in 2021.

Williamsburg VA I presume? If so, avoid August, it's brutal. It wasn't so bad being in Water Country USA but trying to tour Colonial Williamsburg in that heat and humidity was too much. We had to cut short out visit to Jamestown because the heat was unbearable which was a real shame.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Williamsburg VA I presume? If so, avoid August, it's brutal. It wasn't so bad being in Water Country USA but trying to tour Colonial Williamsburg in that heat and humidity was too much. We had to cut short out visit to Jamestown because the heat was unbearable which was a real shame.
Yes...that's where I mean. I'd aim for mid-July. We generally head "home" to Missouri around the first of August. And I have kids in high school sports, so I need to be back in Maine by the middle of August for that.

Just a few more years until August gets a little more free for vacation!