• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek Resale.. SLOW!!

beachgirl79

Reaction score
I am *TRYING* to purchase a resale timeshare week from redweek. The process has been painfully slow. I am constantly following up to check status. It seems like every step of the way takes days and days.. Is this standard? You would think a large company would have the process down pat. I had my offer accepted last week, and I have yet to see a contract.. I normal real estate transaction has contracts within a day.. maybe 2...

Please let me know your experience..

Thanks! Also, other than redweek- what other resale sites do you recommend.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate to burst your bubble, but the transaction may not be completed for many months.

Timeshare sales are not like normal real estate transactions (as you will find out).

Your best bet may be to hire your own closer (at your expense) to speed the transaction along. Many on TUG recommend LT Transfers.

www.LTTransfers.com

Best of luck!

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend LT Transfers also.
I have had very professional and pleasant experiences working with them.

beachgirl79

Reaction score
This listing is a redweek full service listing so they are handing everything. I dont even have sellers info..

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
RedWeek full service is very slow going. It takes extra time with the back and forth via email between all the parties. I recommend the Tug Marketplace and LT Transfers for closing. Good luck.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If this is for the Wyndham NYC45 contract, be prepared for slow transaction with some level of incompetence. I had attempted to purchase the NYC45 one, but could not get any information verified by the RedWeek agent. On a prior post on this forum I noted the brick wall I hit. It turns out the agent is new and likely has insufficient knowledge/competence to keep a buyer informed.

By the way - if this is the same property, be prepared that the actual Maintenance Fees will be markedly higher than advertised. Hopefully, you will get an estoppel letter prior to the time that you can no longer rescind the purchase.

Wes

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
It is a slow process. Delays might be due to an unresponsive seller.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
We just used Redweek - initiated in July with close on Valentines.

Had I not known most of what was needed doing and personally got needed confirmations by myself from the resort we wouldn’t have been able to purchase as the sales agent and closing company were not knowledgeable or effectively engaged.

Seller and I connected without including Redweek in order to get the deal done but still had to let Redweek close the transaction.

Very painful and slow process and without my prior experience and knowledge of what I was buying I never would have been able to purchase this.

They actually didn’t even know what was being sold. Was in Mexico as an RTU and they had no comprehension.

We did well as buyers with the transaction but honestly the sellers contract was not well advertised or represented during our enquiries.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my personal opinion, RedWeek is a very good site to find (or to post) resales and rentals, but I personally don't see any benefit (or much competence) when RedWeek gets involved as "middleman" in any part of any transaction.

People seek convenience when utilizing RedWeek's "Full Service" :rolleyes: option, but the added layer of (usually ill-informed and often outright clueless) RedWeek affiliated brokers and / or closer creates both wasted time and aggravation.

To each their own of course, but whenever I see a RedWeek listing identified as "full service" :rolleyes:, I am always strongly inclined to just move on, rather than sign up for the inevitable bungling and delays of the "full service fiasco". :shrug:

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
In my personal opinion, RedWeek is a very good site to find (or to post) resales and rentals, but I personally don't see any benefit or much competence when RedWeek gets involved as "middleman" in any phase of any transaction.

People understandably seek convenience when utilizing RedWeek's "Full Service", but the added layer of (often ill informed) RedWeek affiliated brokers and closer comes at a significant cost in both time and aggravation.

To each their own of course, but whenever I see a RedWeek listing identified as "full service", I am always more inclined to just move on, rather than sign myself up for the inevitable bungling and delays of the "full service". :shrug:
I agree if I see a full service I will move on unless I can’t get that week anywhere else.

Redweek has such a good reputation that I hope they reconsider this “full service” feature as it is now, as it can tarnish their good reputation. If they choose to stay with full service they need to address the issues that are occurring sooner rather then later.

With that said I did get a full service week and ultimately am happy and it was a week I couldn’t find elsewhere.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To each their own of course, but whenever I see a RedWeek listing identified as "full service" :rolleyes:, I am always strongly inclined to just move on, rather than sign up for the inevitable bungling and delays of the "full service fiasco". :shrug:

Wow. That should concern the powers that be at Redweek. Great site for rentals, but incompetent agents.