• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott hotels in Rome, Italy

tlwmkw

Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at Le Meridien Visconti in Rome? We are going to Italy in August and it has rooms available and looks nice on the web site but wanted to get feedback from anyone who has stayed there. We want to go with Marriott because we have rewards points and some of the hotels don't have availability for points.

Thanks in advance!

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Has anyone stayed at Le Meridien Visconti in Rome? We are going to Italy in August and it has rooms available and looks nice on the web site but wanted to get feedback from anyone who has stayed there. We want to go with Marriott because we have rewards points and some of the hotels don't have availability for points.

Thanks in advance!

We have not stayed there, but last summer we stayed at Palazzo Naiadi, which is an Autograph Collection hotel. The location was good for us and we enjoyed the stay. My FiL is staying at the Flora this coming summer although he hasn’t stayed there before. The ratings for both are better than Le Meridian.

I don’t know that you can go wrong with any of them. Rome is a fascinating city. Have a great time.

Best regards.

Mike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Not stayed at the Meridien but have stayed twice at the Grande Flora, once in a junior suite which was OK but the other time we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite which was fantastic. I like their breakfast buffet and the rooftop terrace has some great views. It's a great location next to Villa Borghese and a ten minute downhill walk to the Trevi Fountain.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not been to the hotel you are referring to, but I used points and stayed 10 nights at the Marriott Boscolo Exedra and LOVED it. I booked an entry level room, lowest points needed, and I was upgraded to a very large room with a large balcony. The unit was gorgeous, must have been at least 20 ft. ceilings or higher, gorgeously decorated , fantastic crown molding, chandelier, gorgeous ceiling, I hated to get out of bed in the morning. What got me out was the lovely complimentary breakfast buffet. It was FANTASTIC! On our last morning there the breakfast brought me a complimentary wonderful desert, and the whole breakfast staff came out to say goodbye and please come again soon when we were leaving the breakfast room. Ah, yes, I have wonderful memories of that hotel:) I felt like a princess staying there. :)
Also the location can't be beat.:)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We stayed 3 nights on rewards points at Palazzo Naiadi, the Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection Hotel.
It's quite luxurious and has a great location only 2-3 short blocks away from Roma Termini (the train station),
making it walkable and very convenient.
https://goo.gl/maps/mAqDkeSANrt

It's also walkable to several fantastic restaurants.

Don't look at this or you'll never want to stay anywhere else:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x132f614752aef0cb:0x6c52bef2cbef5d9c!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipOo4viK94nK66NTOYA0H7BOtkBdhePpSzbmPcr-=w569-h320-k-no!5spalazzo+naiadi+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOo4viK94nK66NTOYA0H7BOtkBdhePpSzbmPcr-&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjN46Szm6LhAhVmUN8KHRyUBdYQoiowCnoECBAQBg

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We stayed 3 nights on rewards points at Palazzo Naiadi, the Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection Hotel.
It's quite luxurious and has a great location only 2-3 short blocks away from Roma Termini (the train station),
making it walkable and very convenient.
https://goo.gl/maps/mAqDkeSANrt

It's also walkable to several fantastic restaurants.

Don't look at this or you'll never want to stay anywhere else:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x132f614752aef0cb:0x6c52bef2cbef5d9c!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipOo4viK94nK66NTOYA0H7BOtkBdhePpSzbmPcr-=w569-h320-k-no!5spalazzo+naiadi+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOo4viK94nK66NTOYA0H7BOtkBdhePpSzbmPcr-&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjN46Szm6LhAhVmUN8KHRyUBdYQoiowCnoECBAQBg

This is the former Boscolo Hotel referred to in post #4. It was renamed within the past couple of years.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
+1 for the Palazzo Naiadi, the Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection Hotel (formerly Boscolo Exedra Roma)...great place in a great location. Easy walk to everywhere.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
This is the former Boscolo Hotel referred to in post #4. It was renamed within the past couple of years.

Yes, it's the old Boscolo Exedra Hotel.....I intentionally didn't want to introduce the old name for fear of creating confusion.
By the way, their concierge team is one of the best I've run across anywhere, including USA and Europe.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Palazzo Naiadi, the Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection-- formerly the Boscolo Exedra-- is probably the best hotel experience I've ever had in my life! We stayed on points, but this is one of the few hotels that I'd be willing to pay high dollar for. You feel special walking in the door, the room was pure luxury and the staff was professional yet "warm" and NOT pretentious. Breakfast room for Elites was out of this world!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Palazzo Naiadi, the Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection-- formerly the Boscolo Exedra-- is probably the best hotel experience I've ever had in my life! We stayed on points, but this is one of the few hotels that I'd be willing to pay high dollar for. You feel special walking in the door, the room was pure luxury and the staff was professional yet "warm" and NOT pretentious. Breakfast room for Elites was out of this world!

I wholeheartedly agree, and using points made me feel like I was stealing. Not only that, but I got the Suite Upgrades for all nights
(both for us and another couple traveling with us through Italy).

The Suite Upgrades are an elected gift annually for staying over 50 nights and again for 75 nights, so I got 10 Suite Upgrades,
using 2 for that stay. I won't go into detail about the suites we got, but suffice it to say they were beyond amazing, and large.
Everyone enjoyed it so much, and the wives felt pretty special!!!!!! :thumbup:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are going to Rome in October for five nights and have booked the St Regis Rome with a TP. Anyone have any comments on that property? This wouldn't have been possible before the merger.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We are going to Rome in October for five nights and have booked the St Regis Rome with a TP. Anyone have any comments on that property? This wouldn't have been possible before the merger.

Jeremy,
St. Regis is only one block from Marriott's Autograph Hotel Palazzo Naiadi, and therefore also very close to
Roma Termini (the train station), so you should be very happy. You've chosen very well.
https://goo.gl/maps/hh6oMumpj532

I'm sure you've seen photos of St. Regis, so I've provided a link below for others to enjoy. It looks magnificent, and appears
every bit as luxurious as Palazzo Naiadi, if not more. I'm jealous of course, as we had a fantastic time in Rome, and as much fun
as we had walking to dinners, you'll experience the same by being in the same neighborhood.
All I can say after looking at the photos is "WOW". Congratulations!

St. Regis:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x13256cb7df8064c7:0xffc5e7bf84acf2b!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPqbuM7KmbLYT5ulvQ3-L5ngM-3mL_lijz9kga6=w320-h320-k-no!5sst regis rome - Google Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPqbuM7KmbLYT5ulvQ3-L5ngM-3mL_lijz9kga6&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjEqPLP-6PhAhWsVN8KHWTyANcQoiowCnoECA4QBg

2 favorite restaurants close by:
https://goo.gl/maps/ELK96H7sWVL2

Look for a restaurant called Ristorante Target---it's great inside, very romantic, but we liked the street-side tables
to watch the world go by. There's something about seeing the people, the hustle and bustle of the city, and hearing the street sounds,
like the small motorbikes. Great pizzas, best we found, and it's reasonably priced. It was one of our favorite spots and we ate there twice. Spicy salami pizza is terrific.
Ristorante Target:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x132f61a8a56e2b3f:0xcec83b59f7cc32d1!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipOVQyPUmZwfuC7AKPF99lBmVjinPSzV7bN4m_yu=w477-h320-k-no!5sristorante+target+rome+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOVQyPUmZwfuC7AKPF99lBmVjinPSzV7bN4m_yu&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjL_oezhqThAhWDdd8KHbW1ARcQoiowEHoECAoQBg

menu: see it all, but look at pizzas!
http://www.targetrestaurant.it/menu/

Also Ristorante Fuocolento....very nice covered street-side tables with flower boxes, or romantic inside dining---
both great, with excellent food & service. A quintessential "Italian ristorante".

http://www.ristorantefuocolento.com/wp/

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x132f61083a217f07:0x3d18402bd0460b38!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipMgdw3FbumTWx10lIWSttURVuUhb8NKHHqreODe=w426-h320-k-no!5srestaurant fuocolento rome - Google Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMgdw3FbumTWx10lIWSttURVuUhb8NKHHqreODe&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiO18-vgqThAhUqmuAKHXW8AxsQoiowDnoECA8QBg

(BTW, I highly recommend a private or small-group "skip-the-line" guided tour of these:
Vatican that starts at 7:30 am, and the Colosseum/Forum. You'll learn so much more by using the guides. Glad we did!!!
BOOK THE TOURS EARLY, well before you go.....we booked ours two months in advance.
The good ones can show no availability if you do it after you arrive.
I've heard some people say they didn't care for Rome, but we found it to be fantastic, and we wish we had had more time there.
Borghese Gallery was also nice.)

Cin cin!

Last edited:

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this thread! We are going to Rome for 5 days pre-cruise in August. We had reservations at the Grand Flora. After reading the info here about the Palazzo Naiadi I checked reviews and switched. The price is not that different, but the difference in reviews is huge. Reviews for the Grand Flora have declined since I booked last fall. The St Regis looks amazing but the price difference is much greater. Since we will not be in the room all that much I can’t justify the jump in price. I’m hoping to use our 5 night suite perk at the Palazzo Naiadi. Thank you all again!

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this thread! We are going to Rome for 5 days pre-cruise in August. rice difference is much greater. Since we will not be in the room all that much I can’t justify the jump in price. I’m hoping to use our 5 night suite perk at the Palazzo Naiadi. Thank you all again!

We also did Rome pre-cruise. Here is a portion of a trip report I did for cruise critic (I hope it's helpful):
Rome— We pre-booked the TAM bus from the airport to the main train station for five euros. Note while you book a “time,” there is no problem simply jumping on the next bus if your flight arrival time changes. We stayed at the Boscolo Exedra Roma using Marriott points. This hotel was awesome. It was in an historic building and was unique and different from a sterile Marriott! Elite members are offered a huge free breakfast buffet that was also unique with meats, cheeses, European cakes and even a salad bar. We walked almost everywhere. (There is also a metro stop at the hotel front door.) PLENTY of restaurants are nearby. We used walksofitaly.com to book two tours (easy process on-line). One was a night visit to the Colosseum (we picked a 7pm time and got to experience both daylight and night). Our other tour was the night Multimedia Tour Inside The Forum. Both experiences were neat. I will note, it appears private tour companies buy these tickets in bulk and resell them. Your “added benefit” to justify the price markup is a guide that talks to you for about an hour before turning you over to an official guide at the venue. Yes, we learned more with those extra tour guides, but I’m not sure the extra cost was worth it. However, you may not have a choice because individual tickets are hard to come by for these venues at night. During the day, we did a six hour bike tour on the ancient Appian Way with topbike rental. This was excellent. They provide “e-bikes,” which made your ride much easier. You don’t have to be an athlete to do this. It would be suitable for regular people, young and old, as long as they are somewhat comfortable on a bike. The ride took us out of Rome along the Appian Way. The original stones on the old Roman road create a bumpy ride, so we mostly rode beside it (hee-hee). We stopped for several breaks, including a tour of some catacombs and a park to view the aqueducts. On our second day we pre-booked a tour with Eating Italy Food Tours. This was also a fantastic experience. It took us just outside the main tourist areas through the Testaccio neighborhood. We visited a gourmet grocery store where we tasted “aged” olive oils, sandwich and pastry shops, a produce and food market, had a pasta lunch at a neat restaurant inside what used to be a Roman trash dump (a mound made out of broken pottery jars) and were taught how to spot “real” gelato from the mass produced stuff. In between all of this, we visited the monuments and fountains.

Rome to Civitavecchia: Pre-booked train tickets on Trenitalia (five euros). Walked with our rolling luggage several blocks from hotel to train station. The train ride was just over an hour. The walk from the Civitavecchia train station to the port property was easy (a wide sidewalk lined with vendors selling t-shirts, hats and art. After walking through the gate, we weren’t sure how to get to the ship. We started walking and lucked out on finding the free port shuttle. That bus took us to a staging area where all cruise ship passengers get on buses to individual ships. This process took more than an hour. It would be impossible to do this with a lot of luggage. We did not see any cabs outside the Civitavecchia train station (they have to be there somewhere???) Apparently a cab can take you directly to the ship.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this thread! We are going to Rome for 5 days pre-cruise in August. We had reservations at the Grand Flora. After reading the info here about the Palazzo Naiadi I checked reviews and switched. The price is not that different, but the difference in reviews is huge. Reviews for the Grand Flora have declined since I booked last fall. The St Regis looks amazing but the price difference is much greater. Since we will not be in the room all that much I can’t justify the jump in price. I’m hoping to use our 5 night suite perk at the Palazzo Naiadi. Thank you all again!

Lisa, you won't regret the switch to Palazzo Naiadi! It's a magnificent place, and upon first entering it'll blow you away.
It's luxurious but not over the top, and not so grandiose that it doesn't make you feel at home.
Hope you enjoy the neighborhood around it, too---so many things to see, and the spontaneous casual meals street-side will be
one of your lasting memories. Most all of our meals in Italy were outdoors by choice (Rome, Monterosso, Florence),
and listening to the sights and sounds, people-watching, and having a glass or three of the amazing house wines was pure heaven.

It's those simple moments that keep coming back to me with such vivid emotion. Your senses will simply gush the entire time
you're in Italy. I particularly enjoyed rounding every corner and being once again blown away by the presence of another
magnificent church rising into the brilliant blue sky.
I told my wife that it was "the calmness of the cathedrals" that I experienced everywhere that made me feel like
it was really my home in another life. I always felt at ease, and it was a special feeling.

We saw so many great things---- famous works of art within arm's reach, amazing architecture just staring down at you,
ancient history opening up & screaming out before your eyes------all the reasons we initially wanted to go.
BUT...... it was the little things that caused me to fall in love with Italy.
The look and feel of an olive tree, the steam rising from a plate of just-served pasta with the delectable ingredients cascading
over the top, the sweet cool taste of perfection of a local wine, the "song" of two Italians nearby talking to each other with
unrelenting passion and animated hand gestures, and simply a quiet late evening stroll totally devoid of sound while trying to
mentally take it all in. I can't think of a place I'd rather be.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I echo the enthusiasm for Palazzo Naiadi. We stayed there for a couple nights in September after a cruise. Wish we had stayed longer. We will next time.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
I will be staying there in early May for a couple of nights after a 5-day bicycle ride from Florence. They had availability with rewards points and at a reasonable rate. I'll be happy to report after I return home.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
JME, appreciated your post. Do you have any favorite Rome restaurants?

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know about the name change. Hadn't realized this and I was just there in September of 2017 for 10 nights. This hotel in Rome is on my list of Marriott hotels I stayed at that are in my heart forever. Also on that list is the Marriott on the Champs Elysees in Paris, The Marriott Omar Khayyam in Cairo, Egypt, Marriott Powerscourt, Dublin Ireland, Marriott Lucerne Switzerland, and the most recent stay this past October in Florence, Italy at the St. Regis for 10 nights AMAZING! Loved them all! Love my Marriott hotels ! No, I don't feel Bonvoyed :) SO many marriotts, so little time... :)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
JME, appreciated your post. Do you have any favorite Rome restaurants?

Only the two mentioned in my previous post, Ristorante Target and Ristorante Fuocolento.
Rome is soooo huge that it really depends on where you stay.
Taverna Trilussa is a popular touristy spot you'll probably hear mentioned, but some have been underwhelmed.
I liked my meal a lot but my wife didn't. It came highly recommended, even by friends, but......in fairness, they are extremely busy there.

Frankly, with only 3 nights in Rome, and given the frenetic schedule we pursued in trying to fit everything in, I didn't do as much
homework on restaurants, certainly not as much as I typically do.
Rome demands attention to so many more important things.......tours and places to see, etc.

The concierge at Palazzo Naiadi, and surely those elsewhere, are well schooled in what Americans both want and find impressive,
i.e., great food with a wonderful ambience (what they are "expecting" during a stay in Italy), so they'll lead you to those places,
and occasionally they'll whisper and share their personal favorites too.....maybe a local dive but fantastic food, etc.
I'd definitely inquire about those when you get there.....they could be the best and most fun experiences you'll have.
We found that to be true in Monterosso and Florence.
Again, Rome is so big and has hundreds of places from which to choose. If you tripped and fell on any sidewalk,
you'd probably be on the doorstep of a great restaurant. :thumbup:

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with your take on Grande Flora. Spent five nights there a few years ago, loved the location and that rooftop breakfast buffet with the great views. Old property, great neighborhood!

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
As many times as we have been to Rome and stayed in this area, we do have a few fav's we return to but don't know the names. We are like homing pigeons when it comes to food and just head to the spots. When Royal Holiday Club had the Domus Romana we stayed there almost every year and became so familiar with the area within 10 to 15 minutes of the train station.
I am also a pizza by the slice addict, and at some point every day I get there and buy pizza, including enough to put in the mini bar and eat in the middle of the night. Pizza by the slice is a very special pizza, which I love, and there is a fav. of mine to get it about a 12 or 15 minute walk from the that fantastic Marriott. I am so sorry but I don't know the name of that place either. I am so sorry to be not much help.:(
Pizza by the slice is a special pizza that has different toppings you can pick from, its comes in square sheets and they cut with a scissors the amount you want weigh it, and heat it for you if you want it heated, I have only seen it in Rome and I LOVE that pizza!:)

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
As many times as we have been to Rome and stayed in this area, we do have a few fav's we return to but don't know the names. We are like homing pigeons when it comes to food and just head to the spots. When Royal Holiday Club had the Domus Romana we stayed there almost every year and became so familiar with the area within 10 to 15 minutes of the train station.
I am also a pizza by the slice addict, and at some point every day I get there and buy pizza, including enough to put in the mini bar and eat in the middle of the night. Pizza by the slice is a very special pizza, which I love, and there is a fav. of mine to get it about a 12 or 15 minute walk from the that fantastic Marriott. I am so sorry but I don't know the name of that place either. I am so sorry to be not much help.:(
Pizza by the slice is a special pizza that has different toppings you can pick from, its comes in square sheets and they cut with a scissors the amount you want weigh it, and heat it for you if you want it heated, I have only seen it in Rome and I LOVE that pizza!:)

Try to find the names by looking at Googlemaps. Start with a place you know in that neighborhood, like the hotel or apartment, whatever. Then ZOOM in and "walk" down the streets visually toward the restaurants (single click/hold and drag if you're too far away, and need to travel farther down the street), and you'll see the names written in over each establishment. Zoom again for more names, etc.
Make sure you're in the SATELLITE view, meaning the real aerial view rather than the bland map option.

Also use 3D option if it helps (located down near the compass, bottom right). Also use the little YELLOW MAN FIGURE at bottom right to DRAG to the spot on the street where you believe the restaurant is. (The streets that show "views" photographed will appear in blue.)
Then you will have a STREET VIEW and can see if the entrance, etc is correct. You can advance the view down the street in increments in both directions by hovering and then clicking once on the "V shaped arrow", left and right---- now you can view it from a little farther away, or from a different angle. Play around with it, it's helpful.

Here's an example:
2D version in Satellite view, Ristorante Fuocolento in Rome, walkable from our hotel Palazzo Naiadi.
https://goo.gl/maps/Smpqv8qp5Ko

3D version
https://goo.gl/maps/kn6schogsmD2

ZOOMED IN
https://goo.gl/maps/Sb5TMr7TkhF2

Street view dragging "yellow man figure" to the street outside the restaurant.
Hold and drag to spin around to adjust to the proper view....it might initially show across the street, etc):
https://goo.gl/maps/P65SrNtzZMn

farther away:
https://goo.gl/maps/Hsst6zbeDQF2

Enjoy....this site and features can be extremely helpful in so many ways!

Note: You can click on "Directions" (left, in box) and enter a different site, and it'll give you directions by walking, driving car, driving bus, driving train, etc. You can also do 3, 4, + sites to get progressive directions.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try to find the names by looking at Googlemaps. Start with a place you know in that neighborhood, like the hotel or apartment, whatever. Then ZOOM in and "walk" down the streets visually toward the restaurants (single click/hold and drag if you're too far away, and need to travel farther down the street), and you'll see the names written in over each establishment. Zoom again for more names, etc.
Make sure you're in the SATELLITE view, meaning the real aerial view rather than the bland map option.

Also use 3D option if it helps (located down near the compass, bottom right). Also use the little YELLOW MAN FIGURE at bottom right to DRAG to the spot on the street where you believe the restaurant is. (The streets that show "views" photographed will appear in blue.)
Then you will have a STREET VIEW and can see if the entrance, etc is correct. You can advance the view down the street in increments in both directions by hovering and then clicking once on the "V shaped arrow", left and right---- now you can view it from a little farther away, or from a different angle. Play around with it, it's helpful.

Here's an example:
2D version in Satellite view, Ristorante Fuocolento in Rome, walkable from our hotel Palazzo Naiadi.
https://goo.gl/maps/Smpqv8qp5Ko

3D version
https://goo.gl/maps/kn6schogsmD2

ZOOMED IN
https://goo.gl/maps/Sb5TMr7TkhF2

Street view dragging "yellow man figure" to the street outside the restaurant.
Hold and drag to spin around to adjust to the proper view....it might initially show across the street, etc):
https://goo.gl/maps/P65SrNtzZMn

farther away:
https://goo.gl/maps/Hsst6zbeDQF2

Enjoy....this site and features can be extremely helpful in so many ways!

Note: You can click on "Directions" (left, in box) and enter a different site, and it'll give you directions by walking, driving car, driving bus, driving train, etc. You can also do 3, 4, + sites to get progressive directions.

Thank you for the info

Reactions: jme