• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GPS navigation devices

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I use WAZE and never got commercials on my IPHONE.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just thoroughly cleaned out my office closet and desk this past weekend. I cam across my Tom-Tom GPS, which I used to love, but I haven't used it in MANY years because of my phone. I threw it out.

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Reading through this I've seen a few posts about how the route given was longer or different than what the poster would have taken. GPS devices like Garmin & TomTom have options that affect how the route is determined. Things like "Avoid toll roads" or "Fastest Route" can severely impact the route provided. I always check my options, especially when I rent a device from the car rental agency, to be sure I get the route that best suits me.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a Garmin GPS from Costco years ago that we no longer use, just relying on Google maps on our Iphones. Have you ever used Google maps driving in the province of Quebec....the French pronunciation of street names is just horrendous....almost unrecognizable. I wonder, is it the same driving in Mexico? There are many stories driving with GPS, but here's one we had two summers ago. Driving an hour south of home in a friends SUV who were using their portable TomTom, my friend made a left turn instead of a right on a subdivision street only a block from our destination. We had only gone about 200 feet the wrong way and could have turned into a driveway to reverse direction, and go the right way, but he let GPS take us back to where we should have been going. It took us on a 30 minute loop all the way around a large area just to return to the intersection that was only 200 feet in the other direction. Sometimes you just have to use common sense.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I use waze but do not see commercials when not using waze.

It probably isn't waze. The commercials came back this morning and yesterday I deleted waze. Oddly, its the AARP commercial that is now popping up when I switch screens. I don't have an AARP app.

I did reset my phone to factory a few days ago because I had too many apps and the phone wouldn't put these apps on my external storage.

Bill

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I once rented a car which came with a built-in GPS at the Frankfurt airport.
It spoke German and I couldn't figure out how to change it to English.
It kept trying to route me back to the airport with commands in German.
Finally, I figured out how to shut the thing off and used old fashioned maps.