• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Desert Oasis Reservations

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
I have been trying to make a reservation at SDO at the 365 day mark for Spring Training 2020. I get this message:

"An eligible ownership week is required to complete this reservation. For additional assistance planning your next vacation, please call Owner Services."

I called owner services when I got this message last weekend and she said there is nothing wrong with my account. Has anyone else gotten this message when trying to make a reservation? Anyone know how to fix it? I own 4 two bedroom lock offs for weeks 1-52. Thanks

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does leap year day make a difference? Did you check the day before to see if that works? So today booking for 3/13 or 3/14?

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
No I was booking from their calendar.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Asking the obvious... When is the first use year? Have you successfully used the online system booked in the past? Are you sure you clicked on SDO when booking? It is not obvious but sometimes when I tried to do a home reservation, I "accidentally" use SOs to book and of course I am not able to book at 12 months.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Yes they are annual use years and I paid the MF in Jan. I have been able to book over the last 4-5 years on line. It does as you say let me book with SOs from my Westin resort, but says it is too early due to being at 12 months. I talked to a friend and we tried to book a Jan week and I did not get the message. We came to the conclusion that it must be due to all units being booked at 5 minutes after midnight EST.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Has anyone been able to book a SDO spring training week for 2020 using a 1-52 unit?

poleary2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to book a SDO spring training week for 2020 using a 1-52 unit?
My issue is that the the calendar says there is availability, the online reservation won't show me any availability for any week of next year, and when I call it's been a busy signal for 4 days.

poleary2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was finally able to find something available in January, so I attempted to book it just to see if it would go through. The site will no longer let me use my 2 BR lockout to book 2 - 1 BR units. Of course, owner services still has a busy signal.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

I usually either rent or II trade mine, so I always start trying to reserve the first week of spring training until I get something. This year I was able to get the first week (Feb 29 check-in) without issue, so I haven't tried since.

When I go to check now on available weeks, I get a "you need an eligible week" message. But I don't have any unbooked SDO to use, so the message is correct for me...

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
A SDO reseller told me to not login prior to 12 am EST or it will not go through. Maybe I should try to log in a minute earlier next week. I use the time on my iPhone.

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score

I logged in 3/13/2019 at around 8:45 pdt. Of course, DW called about being stuck somewhere so I wasn't able to confirm something (for a 3/14/2020 1BR premium) until about 9:20 pdt. We own a true Plat. week if that makes a difference.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
[QUOTE="schenriq, post: 2259021, member: 68535" We own a true Plat. week if that makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

That makes a big difference. Mine are the next level down, Gold Plus, I think. Did you log in prior to 9 pm and was confirmed at 9:20?

schenriq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you log in prior to 9 pm and was confirmed at 9:20?

Logged-in prior to 9pm PDT, yes. I was away from keyboard until about a quarter past and finally confirmed something at around 9:20pm pdt.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Thanks. I will log in earlier next week.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A SDO reseller told me to not login prior to 12 am EST or it will not go through. Maybe I should try to log in a minute earlier next week. I use the time on my iPhone.

That's not quite it:

If you log in before 12:00 and then run some searches which you are waiting for 12:00 to roll around, Vistana's reservation system has to back those searches out BEFORE it will enter your new search at midnight. So the best practice is to log out before midnight, and then log back in 2-3 minutes before midnight, but don't run any searches until midnight.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
That's not quite it:

If you log in before 12:00 and then run some searches which you are waiting for 12:00 to roll around, Vistana's reservation system has to back those searches out BEFORE it will enter your new search at midnight. So the best practice is to log out before midnight, and then log back in 2-3 minutes before midnight, but don't run any searches until midnight.

Thanks Denise. I will try this.

Nick66

TUG Member
Reaction score
I logged in right at 12:00 am eastern last night and got a 2 bedroom with my 1-52 week. I looked again 1/2 an hour later and all the 2 bedrooms were gone. There was only small one bedrooms available. Does Vistana go by the week on the deed for getting the number of 1-52 weeks available each week?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I logged in right at 12:00 am eastern last night and got a 2 bedroom with my 1-52 week. I looked again 1/2 an hour later and all the 2 bedrooms were gone. There was only small one bedrooms available. Does Vistana go by the week on the deed for getting the number of 1-52 weeks available each week?
It should be based on the number of units that float 1-52 for each week (all of the original phase). I don't know how they decide how many to offer as full 2 BR and how many to break up into 1 BR units.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k

I was busy all day yesterday and forgot to log in last night. :bawl:

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to make a reservation at SDO at the 365 day mark for Spring Training 2020. I get this message:

"An eligible ownership week is required to complete this reservation. For additional assistance planning your next vacation, please call Owner Services."

I called owner services when I got this message last weekend and she said there is nothing wrong with my account. Has anyone else gotten this message when trying to make a reservation? Anyone know how to fix it? I own 4 two bedroom lock offs for weeks 1-52. Thanks
Sounds like Vistana's notoriously buggy online reservation system. I have gotten the exact same message in the past, but never for SDO.

Sometimes, this error message occurs when there is some problem with one's annual fee posting properly to your account. However, SDO does not require paying fees before booking, so that is probably not it.

I suggest you do a screen capture of the problem. It doesn't have to be at midnight; it just has to document that the problems is occurring. Then, contact Owner Resolution Service and ask for a March week. When I have run into such a bug, Vistana always at first insists the problem is something I've done. Then I send them a screen capture, and Owner Resolution Services gets me a good week.

Also, March reservations do sometimes pop up during the day. About 30 minutes ago, I realized I forgot to book March 21 at midnight last night. I checked and found a small one-bedroom for March 7th, and grabbed it. If you don't want to deal with talking to Vistana, you could check a few times, see if something pops up, and try to book via phone before it's gone. If this doesn't provide a reservation within a few days, though, I would contact Owner Resolution Services.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Also, March reservations do sometimes pop up during the day. About 30 minutes ago, I realized I forgot to book March 21 at midnight last night. I checked and found a small one-bedroom for March 7th, and grabbed it. If you don't want to deal with talking to Vistana, you could check a few times, see if something pops up, and try to book via phone before it's gone. If this doesn't provide a reservation within a few days, though, I would contact Owner Resolution Services.

Do have a platinum week? You can find reservations after midnight with them. Mine is a Gold Plus (weeks 1-52) and I was able to book a two bedroom last night. I just wish it was earlier in the month, but happy I got it.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
So a different problem this evening for me. I’m getting gateway time-out errors. I’m amazed that they don’t have capacity here.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been running into that issue for the last hour and a half

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Finally got in around 3 mins after it opened. Nothing available with my Plat 2BR. Not a happy camper right now.

I have screenshots of the issue which I’ll be sending to Owner Services tomorrow.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At least you got in. I've got 2 computers and 4 browsers open and still can't get in