• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GregT running for Lagoon Tower BOD this year !!!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Lagoon Tower owners please vote for Gregory Tibbitts (TUG member: GregT).

GregT has been a TUG member since 2007. He is a long-time contributor and a highly respected active member in the TUG community. I'm so excited that he's running :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I received my email notification to vote on Friday but didn't get around to voting until last night. I was pleasantly surprised to see GregT's name on the list of candidates for the Board of Directors this year. :thumbup:

Votes must be receives no later than 11 a.m., April 3rd (24 hours before the start of the meeting).

From the attached annual meeting notice

Board of Directors Election
At this year’s Annual Owners Meeting, two (2) Board Members will be elected from the list of candidates
presented in this mailing. Your Board of Directors and Hilton Grand Vacations Management, LLC thank
each of the Owners who expressed a desire to serve on the Board. Your interest in the association is
vital, and if you are not elected this year, we hope you will remain interested in serving in the future.

Gregory Tibbitts
I am a Chief Financial Officer with 20 years experience as a financial executive. I am a CPA and worked
for Ernst & Young for 10 years. I own 20 timeshares across multiple systems, love HGVC, and have seen
well run (and poorly run) properties. I am very familiar with balancing cost containment with the needs of
successful, growing enterprises and can offer my expertise as a financial professional with a deep
ownership interest.
Please vote for GregT.

Attachments

• HVVS Owners Association - 2019 Annual Owners Meeting.pdf
    183.6 KB · Views: 46

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes!! Good Luck Greg!

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Outstanding! If I owned there I would definitely vote for Greg. Good luck with the process Greg.

Best regards.

Mike

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good Luck! always love seeing TUGGERs run for boards!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Best of Luck Greg! I think you would be great!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Ha! Thanks Phyllis and TUGgers rock!!! I appreciate the well wishes and will see what comes from it.....Thanks again!

Best,

Greg

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000
Ha! Thanks Phyllis and TUGgers rock!!! I appreciate the well wishes and will see what comes from it.....Thanks again!

Best,

Greg
Good luck!

jestme

Reaction score
It will also be great to get a good understanding of how the boards actually function. Does Hilton still have a majority control over all the boards so it can basically do what it wants? How are the HHV cost allocations set? Why does the HOA have to pay for the overhead and cleaning of "Open Season" or Hilton.com bookings, but get none of the revenue?
I'm confident you can win with all of our support and look forward to a better understanding of the board's processes.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
It will also be great to get a good understanding of how the boards actually function. Does Hilton still have a majority control over all the boards so it can basically do what it wants? How are the HHV cost allocations set? Why does the HOA have to pay for the overhead and cleaning of "Open Season" or Hilton.com bookings, but get none of the revenue?
I'm confident you can win with all of our support and look forward to a better understanding of the board's processes.

Yes, I agree it would be great to gain an understanding of how the board functions.
But regardless of whether Greg wins or not, folks can still send questions to their Home Resort.

I looked at my Lagoon Tower HOA Governing documents this evening and there is language in the Declaration document that talks about reimbursing the Association for expenses incurred and providing a report of the amount of revenue derived from commercial rental. I’m assuming all HGVC developed resorts may have similar language. But I don’t have any idea how this would appear in the annual billing budget letter.

From the Lagoon Tower Declaration Amendment (under Hotel Interests see 6.1.c.3 & 6.1.c.5)

5094530F-110A-4D96-83C7-79EDD8762CF2.png
E1C3AF08-0767-4827-966F-A9C559B06DC7.png

From the original Declaration document (under Suite Rental see 8.21.c.3 and 8.21.c.5)

9FA02D43-D4A4-43CC-AFF5-BD9F6F3EC7F3.png

18F04155-C2FB-4F4C-A7B2-A9799EF1FC1B.png

1D2E0299-75F6-4A71-B06F-F988BFE4242A.png

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Good luck Greg, if elected I know you will be a valuable asset to the board as you already are to so many other owners here.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck Greg and best wishes for your success in the election.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thanks Phyllis for the publicity!!! Thanks TUGgers for the support!

Alas, the vote has held today and the incumbent was re-elected for one seat, and the owner from Japan was elected for the second seat.....good luck to them and I will try again another time!!

Thanks again for the kind thoughts TUGgers....you all rock!

Best,

Greg

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Thanks Phyllis for the publicity!!! Thanks TUGgers for the support!

Alas, the vote has held today and the incumbent was re-elected for one seat, and the owner from Japan was elected for the second seat.....good luck to them and I will try again another time!!

Thanks again for the kind thoughts TUGgers....you all rock!

Best,

Greg

Sorry you didn’t make the vote. You would have been great!