• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ko Olina II exchange

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were lucky enough to receive confirmation of an II exchange into Marriott Ko Olina. I noticed on the II confirmation that our exchange unit is coded HZZAA. Another thread indicates that this code correlates with an ocean view. Any clue what building this would likely be in, or if this code means that we will likely actually receive an ocean view room there?

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my experience, Ko'Olina is the most restrictive of the Hawaiian properties when it comes to II exchanges getting good views. They do explicitly state that they don't need to honour the view code, but the three times I've stayed at Ko'Olina I have received the view that I exchanged into (albeit the worst version of the view). I'd guess you're most likely to be put in the Moana building as an exchanger.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
We were lucky enough to receive confirmation of an II exchange into Marriott Ko Olina. I noticed on the II confirmation that our exchange unit is coded HZZAA. Another thread indicates that this code correlates with an ocean view. Any clue what building this would likely be in, or if this code means that we will likely actually receive an ocean view room there?
Building will vary, but you will (almost) certainly get an ocean view.

In my experience, Ko'Olina is the most restrictive of the Hawaiian properties when it comes to II exchanges getting good views. They do explicitly state that they don't need to honour the view code, but the three times I've stayed at Ko'Olina I have received the view that I exchanged into (albeit the worst version of the view). I'd guess you're most likely to be put in the Moana building as an exchanger.
It depends on your definition of "restrictive". They have been great about "restricting" your view to the view on the exchange (I'm sure there may be someone out there, but I've yet to see a tugger state they were "downgraded"). This is great for those with Ocean View. I've been twice (will be there again in Apr); once in Moana, and once in Nai'a. While I had a mountain view each time, I was would describe both of my rooms as a partial ocean view. I did get the "dreaded" view above the parking lot last trip, but I had a partial ocean view directly across from the marina. Here's a post in a thread discussing mountain views at Ko Olina. https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ko-olina-mountain-view.273906/#post-2139260 You'll notice these are exchanges with great views. I've been very pleased; then again, I'd be happy just to be there...even if it meant 1st floor directly facing the "mountain" view.

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I also have a confirmed exchange. What view is HTOVI?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I also have a confirmed exchange. What view is HTOVI?
Marriott Codes Post
TOVI is a 2BR (single entry) island view. "H" means it is a Marriott deposit (If you look at your reservation at Marriott.com, it likely will show "bulk deposit"). Unfortunately, at the bottom of the pecking order.

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building will vary, but you will (almost) certainly get an ocean view.

It depends on your definition of "restrictive".

To clarify, I mean that out of all the Marriott timeshare properties in Hawaii I have found that Ko'Olina has given me a bottom 15% view in the category I was confirmed to. As I originally stated, I have received the confirmed view category the three times I've stayed at Ko'Olina.

In contrast, I've found myself pleasantly surprised at Maui Ocean Club, Kauai Beach Club, Kauai Lagoons, and to a lesser extent Waiohai as I wouldn't categorize any of the units I've stayed in as bottom 15% of the assigned view category.

I'm definitely agree that I'm "just happy to be there" so I'll take a 1st floor island view and smile about it!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So am I going to be charged a parking fee next month, for our visit to the Marriott via exchange? I saw someone post that it was $40 per day, and I looked on the confirmation and it says, "There may be additional charges." Rick will be SO irritated, if we have to pay to park because we are staying at Aulani and don't have to pay there, and we usually don't pay at the Westin resorts on Maui, nor do we pay at the other Marriott resorts.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Where is the view code thread? I was trying to find it and couldn't. It's not in the Marriott information at the top of the Marriott forum? Did I miss it? Our view code says ZZBB, so I assume it's not oceanfront, but what do I know, especially without looking at the thread for the view codes.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
So am I going to be charged a parking fee next month, for our visit to the Marriott via exchange? I saw someone post that it was $40 per day, and I looked on the confirmation and it says, "There may be additional charges." Rick will be SO irritated, if we have to pay to park because we are staying at Aulani and don't have to pay there, and we usually don't pay at the Westin resorts on Maui, nor do we pay at the other Marriott resorts.
No, no parking fee for an exchange week from II.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Where is the view code thread? I was trying to find it and couldn't. It's not in the Marriott information at the top of the Marriott forum? Did I miss it? Our view code says ZZBB, so I assume it's not oceanfront, but what do I know, especially without looking at the thread for the view codes.
Mountainview 2BR Penthouse lockoff.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's easy to miss (I've had to make a note in my "Reminders" so I can go to the link easily). The unit codes are found in the Marriott stickies under "FAQ - Marriott Vacation Club Weeks System". However, here's the link for future reference: II Unit Codes for Marriott resorts - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163130

Enjoy your stay!! CJ

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My confirmed exchange for Koolina indicates penthouse ocean view. Based on the above, it seems highly likely that I would be assigned such unit category but the "worst" version of the unit.

Curious as to what can possibly be the "worst version" of a penthouse ocean view unit?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
My confirmed exchange for Koolina indicates penthouse ocean view. Based on the above, it seems highly likely that I would be assigned such unit category but the "worst" version of the unit.

Curious as to what can possibly be the "worst version" of a penthouse ocean view unit?
Didn't realize there was such a thing :)
I believe PH OV start somewhere around the 6th or 8th floor depending on the building; I may be off by a floor or 2.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Room assignments for II exchangers seem to be the luck of the draw.

In 2017, I had two concurrent II exchanges one for a two bedroom ocean view and the other for a two bedroom Mountain View. I received a great Ocean view and an awful Mountain View (see photos below).

Here's our 7th floor view from the Hale Nai'a Tower. We're at the end closest to the ocean.

34518507176_75b21eec0a_z_d.jpg

34429436561_0b29d90a20_z_d.jpg

34518469956_df43ec066c_z_d.jpg

34559706445_af02d138cc_z_d.jpg

Here's the mountain view (aka parking deck view) from the two bedroom on the 3rd floor of the Hale Nai'a Tower. It faces directly into the Valet Parking area.

34527254936_93192bb269_z_d.jpg

34406537322_595a30a033_z_d.jpg

33725456004_2bb9abc3bb_z_d.jpg

34438036981_c13daa4703_z_d.jpg

34527238776_1ea60bd00a_z_d.jpg

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Resort map - www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/h/hnlko/hnlko_pdf/HNLKO_ResortMap2015.pdf

Here’s the view map

index.php

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Room assignments for II exchangers seem to be the luck of the draw.

In 2017, I had two concurrent II exchanges one for a two bedroom ocean view and the other for a two bedroom Mountain View. I received a great Ocean view and an awful Mountain View (see photos below).

II Exchanges are at the bottom of the pecking order, but that Ocean View unit looks quite nice. Personally, I'd rather be in a windowless studio next to the laundry room at Ko Olina rather than here at work.