• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham timeshare worth

Pathfinder63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hi Everyone,
I bought a timeshare from Wyndham last year but I realized that it's doesn't work for me because I like to do road trip and hiking stuff for my vacation. I am planning to sell it and I am wondering how much is my timeshare worth if I want to sell.
I have silver vip membership and have 126000 points for year.
Any help?
Thanks

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I bought a timeshare from Wyndham last year but I realized that it's doesn't work for me because I like to do road trip and hiking stuff for my vacation. I am planning to sell it and I am wondering how much is my timeshare worth if I want to sell.
Any help?
Thanks

What resort is it? It is likely worth nothing.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
I don't know where you are located, but my wife and I also prefer mountains and hiking to beach vacations and we are certainly making our Wyndham points work for us...

Cheers!

Pathfinder63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am located in Chicago IL.
I don't know where you are located, but my wife and I also prefer mountains and hiking to beach vacations and we are certainly making our Wyndham points work for us...

Cheers!
I am located in Chicago.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
You would definitely have to travel a little farther to use your points in the mountains (but that could be your "road trip" portion). Think Vermont or Colorado or North Carolina in the Spring or Fall...

As MontyGZ said, it is likely not worth much...that's the nature of timeshares (something they rarely tell you during the actual presentation)...you aren't in fact buying real estate as much as you are pre-paying your vacations for the next 10, 20 or 30 years...the longer you keep it (and use it), the more value you get out of it...

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Pathfinder63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You would definitely have to travel a little farther to use your points in the mountains (but that could be your "road trip" portion). Think Vermont or Colorado or North Carolina in the Spring or Fall...

As MontyGZ said, it is likely not worth much...that's the nature of timeshares (something they rarely tell you during the actual presentation)...you aren't in fact buying real estate as much as you are pre-paying your vacations for the next 10, 20 or 30 years...the longer you keep it (and use it), the more value you get out of it...

I hope this helps.

Cheers!
Thank you for advice

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We go to Sedona, Flagstaff, Durango and Taos almost every September. This is a fantastic road trip and there is more hiking and biking than any normal person can stand.

Pathfinder63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We go to Sedona, Flagstaff, Durango and Taos almost every September. This is a fantastic road trip and there is more hiking and biking than any normal person can stand.

My question was about my timeshare worth. Dagger1 I have been all the places that you mentioned. I am more camping person. My wife was the one who really wanted to have timeshare and now she is not really interested in anymore.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's worth pennies on the dollars that you paid for it. The Silver VIP benefit will expire soon, and it doesn't transfer if/when you sell it.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
The gist of our responses are a gentle way to say, "The timeshare isn't worth much on the resale market. Better to learn how to use it to your advantage. Many of us have 'been there, done that' (purchased from the developer) and have found ways to embrace and enjoy the ownership. We hope you stick around and find the same joys."

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My first thought was "Ouch" I hope they didn't pay full price from Developer.

Pathfinder63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
From all messages, I think the worth is nothing. Well I guess I have to stick and pretend like it's working well for us.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
From all messages, I think the worth is nothing. Well I guess I have to stick and pretend like it's working well for us.
Well that's the spirit! (Sorta ... we'll just play along and pretend its all going well. ;) ) Please choose to learn the ropes and make it work for you ... for real.
My wife was the one who really wanted to have timeshare and now she is not really interested in anymore.
So ... what did she like about it initially? What were the goals, hopes and aspirations? Can we help reignite those plans and help you find ways to fulfill them?

Pathfinder63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Well that's the spirit! (Sorta ... we'll just play along and pretend its all going well. ;) ) Please choose to learn the ropes and make it work for you ... for real.
So ... what did she like about it initially? What were the goals, hopes and aspirations? Can we help reignite those plans and help you find ways to fulfill them?
We dont have many points because of our membership and she likes to go Virgin islands, Hawaii or Bahamas but our points are not enough to stay there for not even one week. Plus, there are not many places that looks beautiful and have a resort so it's just sucks. However, feel free to share your opinions or experience with me please.
Thanks

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the Wyndham folks: Can 126k annual be banked/borrowed to reach a full week at one of the HI locations? What about the locations on St Thomas? Would you recommend the OP pursing exchanges through RCI or other Wyndham-affiliate programs to reach warm, tropical destinations?

Reaction score
If you don't want it anymore, you can call Wyndham and see if they will take it back from you for free through the Ovations programs. They will only do that if the loan for it has been settled with them. You might even qualify for the Limited Edition program where they will give you 3 free years use of points. You will have to ask specifically about Limited Edition. There are several threads here about those 2 programs.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
9E6FB327-2547-47AD-8D78-38E8CBD271EF.png
We dont have many points because of our membership and she likes to go Virgin islands, Hawaii or Bahamas but our points are not enough to stay there for not even one week. Plus, there are not many places that looks beautiful and have a resort so it's just sucks. However, feel free to share your opinions or experience with me please.
Thanks
To the Wyndham folks: Can 126k annual be banked/borrowed to reach a full week at one of the HI locations? What about the locations on St Thomas? Would you recommend the OP pursing exchanges through RCI or other Wyndham-affiliate programs to reach warm, tropical destinations?
Margaritaville Resorts in St Thomas & Puerto Rico are fantastic resorts
You have enough points for a week every year or deposit your points in a future use year for 2 weeks or a larger unit

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hi Everyone,
Any help?
Thanks
You don't have silver vip. You have 126,000 annual points with bonus points to get you to silver for 2 years. Bonus points won't transfer so make sure you use those. Even if you had 400,000 annual points and permanent silver vip, the vip perks doesn't transfer upon resale. If you paid off your $25,000-$35,000 purchase (that money is all gone) you could probably sell it and pocket $500-800 total paying MF;s until the transfer is complete. If it is paid off and are up to date with MF, you could give it back to wyndham and you might get 3 years of usage without paying MF's but you would need to contact ovations and see if they offer that option.

If you haven't paid off the original mortgage, you can't sell or give it back until you do.

Pathfinder63

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You don't have silver vip. You have 126,000 annual points with bonus points to get you to silver for 2 years. Bonus points won't transfer so make sure you use those. Even if you had 400,000 annual points and permanent silver vip, the vip perks doesn't transfer upon resale. If you paid off your $25,000-$35,000 purchase (that money is all gone) you could probably sell it and pocket $500-800 total paying MF;s until the transfer is complete. If it is paid off and are up to date with MF, you could give it back to wyndham and you might get 3 years of usage without paying MF's but you would need to contact ovations and see if they offer that option.

If you haven't paid off the original mortgage, you can't sell or give it back until you do.

So you mean, I have to use my points before they expire? I think you are right. I rhink I have to use my bonus points otherwise they will expire in September.
Thanks for great information!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
So you mean, I have to use my points before they expire? I think you are right. I rhink I have to use my bonus points otherwise they will expire in September.
Thanks for great information!
I just returned from Margaritaville in Puerto Rico. Beautiful resort and just minutes from the Rain Forest, many hiking opportunities. Don't lose the points, book the trip, and go. Puerto Rico is open for business and availability is quite good at Margaritaville right now.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Consider depositing a Wyndham week with SFX (sfxresorts.com) to get a Hawaii or Bahamas resort.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Value is about vacation use .

Since this is TUG - Timeshare USERS Group - you have come to the right place to learn how to use .
In a poll : over 50% of all members bought their first timeshare like you did / paying full retail price to the developer . They were also happy about their vacations .

So you mean, I have to use my points before they expire? I think you are right. I rhink I have to use my bonus points otherwise they will expire in September.!

1) make it work by using up the bonus point and then managing the points you own .

2 ) you can possibly rent some last minute vacations at various Wyndham resorts using the TUG last minute rental forum . This lets you try the resort location to see if it is one you would consider revisiting using your future years points .

3) If the above work- you can always “buy / get for almost free” - additional Wyndham points .
There are often contracts offered in the TUG bargain sub forum in Buying Selling Renting .
These generally cost you only the $ 299 Wyndham transfer fee amount .

4)If you get to that (future) point - there are many helpful folks in the TUG Wyndham Forum ; that are able to explain which free / resale contract could best fit your specific requirements .

5) I do know - In Wyndham World at 10 months out - points are points .

Last edited:

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I just returned from Margaritaville in Puerto Rico. Beautiful resort and just minutes from the Rain Forest, many hiking opportunities. Don't lose the points, book the trip, and go. Puerto Rico is open for business and availability is quite good at Margaritaville right now.

We have a trip to Margaritaville in Puerto Rico coming up in late May. We totally look forward to it. But first we're in Orlando (Bonnet Creek resort) and Clearwater the week after next.

BTW if original poster still has those bonus points and the ability to travel this year, check out Wyndham Shearwater in Kauai .. beautiful place perched on the cliffs overlooking the ocean .. whales can be seen from the balcony during whale season. Lots of mountains and hiking available in Kauai as well. A motor rafting trip up the Kauai coast is an unforgettable experience as well .. then go for the hike through those same mountains you've seen from the water.

Bob