• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3-BR lockoffs at Westin Los Cabos??

SeattleJohn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone call help me out. I booked a 3-BR lockoff at Los Cabos and was told it was in Baja Point (I made the reservation with one of the Vistana call center personnel). Then today I received a call saying that I don't have a reservation at Baja Point and that I need to call if I want to explore that option. Turns out it will cost me an extra 42k SOs for the week (on top of the 215k).

I've been on the Vistana site for about 45 minutes and I don't see a 3-BR lockoff for the main building, just Baja Point. Not sure what to do at this point (other than reach for a drink) since I now don't know what I will get for my 215k. My confirmation email says it has room for 10 people but I don't know the layout, the # of beds, etc.

Maybe someone with experience that this property can help. Should I upgrade or keep what I have (FYI, there will be 8 people - 5 adults and 3 kids).

Thanks!!

SeattleJohn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the folks at Vistana and they confirmed there is no 3-BR lockoff on their site and the only one is for Baja Point. I feel more than a little mislead by this situation. If anyone has any advice on how to proceed, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

darius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the folks at Vistana and they confirmed there is no 3-BR lockoff on their site and the only one is for Baja Point. I feel more than a little mislead by this situation. If anyone has any advice on how to proceed, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi there,

From my understanding, it's the Governor's Suite (Which is a two bedroom) plus the lockoff to make the 3 bedroom lockoff. This may also apply to the Presidential Suite as well. Hope this helps and this is indeed in the main section on the resort.

- Darius

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm confused. Did you get an email confirmation of the reservation and did the reservation show on your Vistana dashboard?

SeattleJohn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Did you get an email confirmation of the reservation and did the reservation show on your Vistana dashboard?

I'm confused too. I was told when I booked the reservation (via phone) that I reserved a 3BR at the Baja Point property (which is what I wanted). In fact, the person on the phone told me there weren't any 3BRs at the main Westin property. 3BRs are ONLY listed on the Vistana site for Baja Point.

Fast forward to today, I get a call from Vistana saying that I was confirmed at the main Westin property and that I needed to call guest relations if I wanted to move my reservation to Baja Point. I call, they say there is availability and it will cost me 42,000 SOs. I point out that there are no 3BR villas for the main property listed on Vistana website and the person said "oops, our bad. We're in the process of fixing it".

Because no 3BRs are listed on the Vistana site for the main property I can't even know what the layout is, how many beds there are, what the balconies are like, etc. I'm sure it's a lovely property but I can't make an informed decision.

Thanks,
John

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm confused too. I was told when I booked the reservation (via phone) that I reserved a 3BR at the Baja Point property (which is what I wanted). In fact, the person on the phone told me there weren't any 3BRs at the main Westin property. 3BRs are ONLY listed on the Vistana site for Baja Point.

Fast forward to today, I get a call from Vistana saying that I was confirmed at the main Westin property and that I needed to call guest relations if I wanted to move my reservation to Baja Point. I call, they say there is availability and it will cost me 42,000 SOs. I point out that there are no 3BR villas for the main property listed on Vistana website and the person said "oops, our bad. We're in the process of fixing it".

Because no 3BRs are listed on the Vistana site for the main property I can't even know what the layout is, how many beds there are, what the balconies are like, etc. I'm sure it's a lovely property but I can't make an informed decision.

Thanks,
John

You still didn't answer my questions.

Did you get an email confirmation of the reservation and did the reservation show on your Vistana dashboard?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
When you make a reservation - a reservation confirmation is sent.
What does it state?

and go from there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Go to the DESTINATIONS site on the internet and click on Cabo and then Baja Point villas 3 bedroom for a complete diagram of the Baja Point villas

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Star options chart says 257K points for the 3 BR high season at Baja Point.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Sorry 257700 options

1A4C0587-F24A-43D8-9C13-0F536746CCFF.png

SeattleJohn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, folks. After a few phone calls with Vistana, here is what I found:
1) Vistana made a couple of mistakes regarding the 3-BR lockoffs in Los Cabos. First the Vistana website did not show the 3-BRs were available at the main resort. Second, their associates mistakenly said that 3-BRs were ONLY available at the Baja Point location. (I asked the direct question when I booked my 3-BR, they told me not to worry since 3-BRs were only at the Baja Point location.) Note that I booked our 3-BR on the phone and not on the website.
2) Vistana realized their mistake and started to proactively calling owners who had booked 3-BRs to let them know they were NOT at the Baja Point. They gave me the option of upgrading to the Baja Point location for an extra ~42,000 SOs, as long as the property was available (fortunately it was so I booked it).
3) I did my normal "trust but verify" with my reservation. My verification was to a) make sure only 3-BRs at Baja Point were listed on the Vistana site and b) ask the Vistana associate to confirm my room was at Baja Point. The lesson learned is that a third verification is probably necessary if there is any possibility for confusion.

Although I wasn't happy having to drop an extra ~42,000 SOs to get the villa I was told I reserved, at least I didn't get this surprise when trying to check in. I assume this happened to other owners who probably weren't too happy with the outcome. And at the end of the day, this is truly a first-world problem and I am fortunate my family and I can enjoy a week in Los Cabos regardless of the accommodations (but to be honest, I know I will be happier in the larger villa at Baja Point :)).

Thanks,
John

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad you got it straightened out! PLEASE write a review of Baja Point when you return. We were just at the main resort and were interested in the new units (but not enough to do the sales presentation!). Would like to know how the view and pool are and how far the walk is to get to the amenities at the main resort. Thanks in advance!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
A couple years ago we had 2 3-bedrooms reserved at Harborside. It was during the renovation. They gave us one of the 3 bedroom units and the other was in a different phase that didn’t have 3 bedrooms. It was a 2 bedroom plus a 1 bedroom unit down the hall a bit. We put the kids with their parents in the 3 bedroom and the rest of the adults were in the 2 separate units. It would have been nice not to have been surprised at check-in though.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was called unsolicited and specifically told my reservation is Not at Baja Point, but was in the main building, which from reading the points chart, I knew. So I told them I wasn’t expecting to be in Baja Point anyway.