• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Average closing time for resale Wyndham

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Club Wyndham Access
Wyndham is not to be blamed in this instance. Ounce Wyndham is properly notified of the sale you will receive the transfer paperwork from Wyndham to be signed and notarized by you the buyer within a couple a months. The seller will also receive documents to sign and have notarized.
Ounce the buyer and seller both have returned the executed transfer documents to Wyndham the transfer will be finalized within a couple more months. Roughly 4 months or less from start to end.

As Jan M said something is wrong here like the seller has a loan on the contract or is behind on the maintenance fees.
Please do tell us who the seller is. I would get the contract number so you could call Wyndham Title to see if they’ve been notified to start the transfer. If the eBay seller refuses to give you the contract number I would be demanding a refund.
If you used a credit card, I would be calling the credit card company disputing the payment.

Your looking at least 10 months for transfer and the seller is using Wyndham as an escape goat.
Wyndham is very slow but not to blame here

That is the problem. I have NEVER received any of the paperwork from Wyndham to be signed. It has now been over 6 months since the selling company was "supposed" to have send the notice of sale to Wyndham and I have still not received anything to sign. The reseller company will not give me the name of the actual seller or their contract number with Wyndham so I can't get any information directly from them. All the reseller company has told me is that Wyndham is running behind.

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Six months is way too long! Who is the seller, an individual or a resale company. My guess is that no one is paying the maintenance fees and Wyndham won't transfer the contract with the maintenance fees in arrears. Do you have any evidence that the closing company even submitted the transfer to Wyndham. Typically if they call, Wyndham will tell them the date they received the paperwork.

CWA is a contract and they are processed a lot faster than deeds. Club Wyndham Select points are deeded at a resort and you are the deed holder. Club Wyndham Access points are a contract with Wyndham for a however many points but you don't actually own anything or have a deed. The points are deeded in Wyndham's name.

6 months seems way to long for me too. Especially to receive the transfer paperwork to be signed. It is a resale company and they will not tell me the actual owner's name or the Wyndham contract number. They continue to tell me that is there nothing wrong it is just Wyndham running behind that that just does not seem to be reasonable to me. I have asked them to ask Wyndham for an estimated date of when they would be able to send the paperwork but so far nothing. They also tell me that the sale is guaranteed because we have a purchase agreement but that agreement does not have any time limit. It only stated that transfers will take a minimum of 90 to 180 days. The company is TVS LLC. They seem to be a small individual company.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is the problem. I have NEVER received any of the paperwork from Wyndham to be signed. It has now been over 6 months since the selling company was "supposed" to have send the notice of sale to Wyndham and I have still not received anything to sign. The reseller company will not give me the name of the actual seller or their contract number with Wyndham so I can't get any information directly from them. All the reseller company has told me is that Wyndham is running behind.
In your case I advised that if TVS LLC will not give you the contract number I would be cancelling the purchase with a full refund.
If you paid by Credit Card I would also be contacting them to open a disputed charge.
It’s inexcusable that TVS LLC will not give you an estoppel or the contract number.
It’s time to get out of this purchase, there’s no reason for you to wait any longer
Your 6 months in and no way to confirm that TVS LLC has done anything but take your money

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
6 months seems way to long for me too. Especially to receive the transfer paperwork to be signed. It is a resale company and they will not tell me the actual owner's name or the Wyndham contract number. They continue to tell me that is there nothing wrong it is just Wyndham running behind that that just does not seem to be reasonable to me. I have asked them to ask Wyndham for an estimated date of when they would be able to send the paperwork but so far nothing. They also tell me that the sale is guaranteed because we have a purchase agreement but that agreement does not have any time limit. It only stated that transfers will take a minimum of 90 to 180 days. The company is TVS LLC. They seem to be a small individual company.

With deeds that are transferred the names and addresses of both parties are on the paperwork that both parties sign. If you bought CWA, Club Wyndham Access, points that would be a contract not a deed and that isn't done the same way. So what did you buy; deeded points at a specific resort or CWA points?

You wouldn't receive any paperwork directly from Wyndham. Did you receive, sing and return any paperwork from this company or the closing company other than the sales agreement? Yes, transfers can take a while but what you need is proof that they submitted paperwork to Wyndham for a deed or contract transfer to your name. If they can't supply that then they have taken your money with no intent to do anything. And if they actually did call Wyndham then Wyndham would tell them the date they received the transfer paperwork and what dates they are currently working on.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
That's awesome! I just purchased one and was told about 60 days.

I'm transferring one out of my account. Wyndham received the paperwork on February 11th, and title services just told me they just started working on early January stuff.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received contracts that were submitted on 12/18 - 2 months. Still waiting on some older ones.

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
With deeds that are transferred the names and addresses of both parties are on the paperwork that both parties sign. If you bought CWA, Club Wyndham Access, points that would be a contract not a deed and that isn't done the same way. So what did you buy; deeded points at a specific resort or CWA points?

You wouldn't receive any paperwork directly from Wyndham. Did you receive, sing and return any paperwork from this company or the closing company other than the sales agreement? Yes, transfers can take a while but what you need is proof that they submitted paperwork to Wyndham for a deed or contract transfer to your name. If they can't supply that then they have taken your money with no intent to do anything. And if they actually did call Wyndham then Wyndham would tell them the date they received the transfer paperwork and what dates they are currently working on.

So far, the purchase agreement is the only thing that I have received or signed. I am still trying to get this company to tell me something from Wyndham but am not having any luck getting information from them at all. However, they are claiming now that they can have the current owner book a vacation for me. I don't know what is going on.

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Just received contracts that were submitted on 12/18 - 2 months. Still waiting on some older ones.

Thanks. Mine should have been submitted to Wyndham in early September, 2018 (but I have no way to confirm that). I have still received NOTHING.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have always gotten an estoppel. It states the contract number as well previous owners name. It seems unacceptable to me that the reseller won't give you the contract number. With that you can call Wyndham and they can confirm receipt of the transfer, etc.

I would not have the current owner book a reservation for you. Over and over they state that reservations don't transfer. I would not be comfortable that the reservation would be honored.

Transfer times: I've had National Harbor take 10 months. I had a Branson one take about 3 weeks.

As so many have already said, insist on an estoppel/contract number.

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I agree that I should have gotten an estoppel but I never expected to have something like this happen.
At this point I am pretty much just stuck waiting to see what happens. If I don't get any answers in the next few weeks, I will reach out to them and tell them to terminate the purchase.