• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Photo Album Marriott's Maui Ocean Club 1 bedroom ocen front old section

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I had the good luck to exchanged thru II into a studio ground floor corner oceanfront unit. It had a wall of windows overlooking a beautiful garden in addition to the wall of sliders on to the lanai. The ocean views from the oversized lanai were breathtaking.
I had the exchange a year out that was coded as garden view. I kept checking for a larger unit and 14 days before check in another studio popped up. I said what the heck and did the exchange and ended up with the oceanfront! This was in January 2017.

Was yours an exchange or a DC resie?

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the beautiful photos, but boy do I miss the brighter, warmer Hawaiian colours in the rooms.

Wait, I am in Hawaii or at the airport hotel the night before the trip?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I had the good luck to exchanged thru II into a studio ground floor corner oceanfront unit. It had a wall of windows overlooking a beautiful garden in addition to the wall of sliders on to the lanai. The ocean views from the oversized lanai were breathtaking.
I had the exchange a year out that was coded as garden view. I kept checking for a larger unit and 14 days before check in another studio popped up. I said what the heck and did the exchange and ended up with the oceanfront! This was in January 2017.

Was yours an exchange or a DC resie?

DC reservation. We needed to travel Tuesday to Tuesday

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Thanks for the beautiful tour, Doug, as always your pics make the resort look as gorgeous as everybody says it is! MOC is on Don's list for sure and I'd have no problem with it despite preferring resorts that don't have high-rises. :)

My favorite thing, though, is that giant Scrabble board! :D

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Thanks for the beautiful tour, Doug, as always your pics make the resort look as gorgeous as everybody says it is! MOC is on Don's list for sure and I'd have no problem with it despite preferring resorts that don't have high-rises. :)

My favorite thing, though, is that giant Scrabble board! :D

You’ll always know who’s birthday or wedding anniversary it is thanks to the big scrabble board

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doug thanks I posted earlier during the day. But my posts have been deleted.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Doug,

Thank you for posting all of these pictures. They are helpful for our first trip to that Marriott.

I have an exchange into the Maui Ocean Club suites, a one BR (OBOV). I believe that this may be an ocean view. I am hoping that they don't give my wife and I a dumpster view. What is your advice regarding putting in a request for a particular section and floor in order to get a decent ocean view? I realize that I can't be overly picky and want to make my request "do-able" on the part of Marriott.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Doug,

Thank you for posting all of these pictures. They are helpful for our first trip to that Marriott.

I have an exchange into the Maui Ocean Club suites, a one BR (OBOV). I believe that this may be an ocean view. I am hoping that they don't give my wife and I a dumpster view. What is your advice regarding putting in a request for a particular section and floor in order to get a decent ocean view? I realize that I can't be overly picky and want to make my request "do-able" on the part of Marriott.

I don’t really have any advice on room location. The Molaki tower has rooms that are on the ground floor while the Maui and Lanai towers don’t. So if you don’t want a unit on the ground floor, I’d stay away from that building. If you want a unit you can walk out of right onto the pool deck, the. Molaki would be the building you want.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Doug,

We just got back from MOC yesterday and stayed in a one bedroom ocean view. We were in the Molokai bld, 6018 (6th floor, room 18). It's towards the back (meaning closer to the main lobby), facing north, so part of the Napili bldg was directly in front of us, however, we had a decent view of the ocean to the left. Not straight on, but overall a nice view.

I walked around each building and wrote down the basic room numbering structure for our next trip for a potential room request. Personally, I would recommend anything in the Molokai blg south facing (which will look over the main pool to the ocean), floors 4 or higher, or the Lanai bldg. north facing (which will look over the main pool to the ocean), floors 4 or higher. I personally like to see the pool and ocean, which either of those 2 options will give you. Floors 4 and higher will get you high enough to be over the landscaping, so trees won't be a problem (I think there are 9 floors in each building). Given a choice, I'd probably take Lanai bld north facing over Molokai south facing, only because the Lanai building is on an angle (where as Molokai is perpendicular to the ocean), so you have slightly broader views of the ocean with Lanai north facing. But either one would be great.

The south facing rooms in Molokai would be numbered 01 (closest to the lobby) up to 07, and the north facing Lanai would be 00 (closest to lobby) to 09 (although I'm not sure which room numbers would be 2 bedroom units in that mix).

David

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh, and as an added cooking tip for anyone staying in the original Lanai or Molokai (without full kitchens): We knew that there were no stovetops/ovens in the units, but had heard there was a shared kitchen in the lobby level of the Molokai building. So we stopped at Costco before heading to the resort, and bought their deli mac and cheese dish that comes in a metal foil pan (it's really quite good--it easily serves 4). Well, we didn't realize until we got to MOC that the communal kitchen only has stovetops (no baking oven). So we tried "grilling" it on the BBQ--worked beautifully. Just put a piece of foil over it, turn the burners on low, close the lid, and let it "bake" for 45 minutes. Delicious!

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for great pics! Heading there in September for the first time.

Is the use of washers and dryers free? Does each building have them?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

They are free. They are in one location only where the Maui and Molaki building meet

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It's a very nice laundry room, centrally located on the lower lobby level of the Molokai bldg. All free. They have plenty of laundry baskets, washers, dryers, folding table top, and even some fancy LG steamers if you have items you don't want to put in a dryer. It was spotless. There's even a sitting room with nice couches, chairs, TVs, and a library of books to use if you want to wait.