• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vIDANTA SHARES

crissco

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta neuva ; wyndman
Is there shares in vidanta if you own a timeshare. How much are they worth and is anybody knowledgeable about these

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Is there shares in vidanta if you own a timeshare. How much are they worth and is anybody knowledgeable about these

When you buy in, you are buying a Right to Use a week at their resort if you pay MF. As much as I hate to say it, basically nothing - they sell for $1 on eBay all the time because the transfer fees are so high. We have been affiliated with them for 20 years now and had lots of awesome vacations, but know that we could never recoup the money we paid upfront.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

If you have been received an unsolicited contact it is a SCAM & a FRAUD

Someone posted in the last couple of months about a relative receiving a call about "shares" in Vidanta and the valuation
<as if it were stock options - for long time owners >

They contacted you = IT IS A SCAM

You can call Vidanta to confirm that it is a scam .

As a Mayan Palace owner I have received 2 e-mails & a mailed letter in the last month from Vidanta to warn owners about these FRAUDS. !!!!

Last edited:

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
I literally received this email three minutes ago. It is a fantastic reminder. Good for Vidanta for taking steps to insure client/member protection. Shame on them though, for letting that information slip out to fraudsters for so long.

Dear Member,

We are reaching out because cyber-attacks and fraudulent schemes are rampant and an unfortunate reality in today’s world, affecting even some of the world’s most trusted and recognized brands and their customers.

To further protect your account, we’ve made a significant investment in data security and a state-of-the-art Voice Authentication System, which is what major banks and credit card companies now use.

After July 15th of this year, we will require that all members and their guests register their “voiceprint.” As with a fingerprint, the system will use your voice’s unique identifying characteristics to confirm your identity.

DON'T BECOME A VICTIM OF RENTAL AND RESALE SCAMS

We have received reports that some members are being contacted by expert fraudsters. In an attempt to trick you, these scammers often use email addresses that are deceptively similar to ours, as well as unauthorized company logos, all while offering to repurchase or rent your weeks or collect other payments regarding your contract. To be clear: please be alert and remember that we will never contact you for the purpose of repurchasing or renting your weeks.

IF ANYONE CONTACTS YOU CLAIMING TO BE A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE RESORT, VIDANTA, OR VIDA VACATIONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF REPURCHASING OR RENTING YOUR WEEKS, IT IS A SCAM.

As is written in your contract, membership is intended for your use and enjoyment and we will never be involved in any way in the rental or resale of a member’s weeks or membership.
Please note that in order to preserve the exclusivity and quality of the resort and your membership, member reservations will continue to have priority over others. However, if you decide to rent your weeks through a private transaction as permitted by your contract, you may continue to do so.

It is important for you to know that our valid domains are:

vidavacations.com, vidanta.com, grupovidanta.com, and vidapayments.com

Please forward any information that you receive from suspected scammers to customerservice@vidavacations.com or call us at

Your satisfaction is our priority, and we want nothing to come between you and your next great vacation.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to paradise soon!

SINCERELY,
VIDA VACATIONS

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We got a new one this morning!

davebmoore32

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Grupo Vidanta
As previously submitted I wanted to re-post this in response to the TUG members on this string of messages:
On 10 Sept. 2021 I was contacted by a Mr. Ross Basri of The Stock Broker LTD, Corp in New Jersey notifying me of “shares” that I was entitled to from my timeshare at the Grand Luxxe, Grupo Vidanta, or Royal Marina Vallarta. He instructed me to contact the finance department at Vidanta to obtain a Book Entry # for my shares. After attempting to upsell me on other freebees they gave me my book entry number. I provided this to Mr. Basri who told me I had 89 shares valued at $1850 each totaling $164,650 USD. He instructed me to contact my bank so he could trade these shares and send the money to that account. On his recommendation I contacted The Clearing House, Inc. in NYC and spoke with Alex F. David with whom I have had numerous daily discussions. Alex stated he is the underwriter for Vidanta’s IPO (which appears to be non-existent), he instructed me to open an account with him by wire transferring 5% of this amount, $8,300,on 16 Sept. to activate the account with CitiBank with the beneficiary Vector Casa de Bolsa SA, located at 111 Wall St. NYC 10005, with reference “Sistemas Y Control EMSY, SA DE CV 088001262257”. Basri was informed and transferred the $164,650 into this account. Further, Basri informed me that an additional 116 shares previously blocked by Vidanta had been released. Mr. David instructed me to wire an additional $10,300 on 20 Sept. to activate this additional amount to the same aforementioned account. A total of $18,600 had been very reluctantly wired from my Wells Fargo account. Now 205 shares were deposited totaling $379,250, plus my activation amounts which totaled $397,850. When attempting to withdraw this amount on 22 Sept. I was told by both Basri and David that Vidanta on 20 Sept. was holding the transfer up due to delinquent “Assessment fees” amounting to 13 years at $850 totaling $20,050 which was required to be wired with Mr. David. I reviewed my Vidanta contract and spoke with Vidanta HQ accounting who stated that I was correct that there is now and never was any assessment fees and that this was a scam. I googled Mr. Alex Francis David, registered with Morgan Stanley and called him at his office in NYC. This was not the Alex Francis David at The Clearing House who previously rendered to me his CRD#5829569, which is the real Mr. David’s #. It appears that Mr. David at The Clearing House is impersonating the real registered broker with that name. Mr. David cancelled my agreement today while I was investigating the bogus assessment fees. He had told me numerous times that my $18,600 activation fees were totally returnable if the transaction did not complete as these funds, “were my money”, but when asking for the return of my $18,600 activation fees, he stating he would not return them, that they were in Mexico and hung up on me. I notified my bank which has initiated a recall of these funds but advised me that if Vector Casa de Bolsa refuses I will have little recourse. Please let me know if you have any advice to return my badly needed money.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Dave. That's a tough and expensive lesson to learn. Maybe YOU should be the one to teach us what red flags to be aware of and how to double check to be sure people are who they say they are.

People are scammed every day, and I'm sorry that this was your day. Take good care.

Jim

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is a scam, and such a shame. Those funds are now likely out of USA control and sadly you will never see them again.

WARNING; The next scam will likely be from someone who tells you that they can get your STOLEN money back for you. Pay no attention to the phony con artist behind the curtain. They will want you to send them some money in advance to cover fees, taxes, redemption assistance, etc.

Don't get taken advantage of twice.......

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please let me know if you have any advice to return my badly needed money.

I can't imagine any legitimate advice exists which would culminate in a return of any of these funds.

There are so many red flags in this post that that I won't waste my time counting.

Advice to not throw away any more money? - Start with: Anyone who contacts you and claims they have free money for you should be hear your response as a 'click'